Register now to get rid of these ads!

model sunday 04/15/2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by miwi, Apr 15, 2012.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like that Rusty, well at least there is proof that two of them were actually built!

Been looking for an 'Orange Crate' here in Oz, cheapest was just over $60AUD then there was postage on top! I can get a new unopened kit from the US delivered to my doorstep for $31AUD. Christ we get shafted for models here in Oz!

Doc.

2. scrubba

scrubba

Jim, ya finished the wagon already , wowza ! scrubba

3. This was my Orange Crate build. I chopped the body some more and put it on a '32 3-window chassis, and used suspension parts from the OC kit. It's got a '57 Chrysler 392 with 6 deuces and a Cadillac transmission. Excuse the dust!
    -Dean

Attached Files:

4. fbama73

fbama73

You guys propping up DakotaJohn- you haven't seen anything until you've seen his work up close! Over the years, I have bought a LOT of built models, all of them with the intention of rebuilding my own way. Except one. This Sedan Delivery wowed me from the first time I saw it, and when John was selling off some built models to finance a 1:1 project, I HAD to have it, just as it was. It still sits top center in my model cabinet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really liked this model from the first time I saw it, and I like it even more now that I own it!

5. Excuse the dust? No way! The dust completes it. Cool Go Job man!

You too, fbama73.

6. fbama73

fbama73

^ thanks, but I didn't build that one. DakotaJohn built it. I WISH I was that good!

7. My mistake. (I should try reading the posts...) Good purchase then...

Nice work DakotaJohn!

8. Here is a B-17 Flying Fortress model and a B-24 Liberator model that I build some time back. These are hanging in my office. They are 1/48 Scale.

Attached Files:

9. Great job yall!

10. I built this 1/24 Scale 1930 Ford Coupe about 10 years ago. This kit was orignally released by Monogram in the 1970s. It was re-released about 10 years ago. I bought two and built one.

Attached Files:

11. verde742

verde742

I wish I could show you some of the models I have put together ( my kids bot me a couple every father's day) But I have never taken them out of the box...

12. thehazguy

thehazguy

Nice stuff guys. Look forward to these every Sunday.

13. This black primer body is the Monogram 1/24 scale 1937 Ford Tudor. I will assemble this kit to be a stock example using a modified version of the 21 Stud 1936 Flathead engine in the second photo.

Here are three 1/25 scale Ford Flathead engine models.
    Left to right: 1936, 1939, 1949 AMT kits.

Lately I have been distracted with a 1/1 scale 1937 Ford Fordor steel kit by FoMoCo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  14. Sorry this pic is so shitty. The sloper I posted last week. Built outta the Mono roadster kit.

Attached Files:

15. EricL

EricL
    from FRANCE

here is my latest diorama , TIKI beach!!

All homemade and 1300 beetle '66 Tamiya 1/24.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with another model cars !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Why not start a new thread?
    These are really nice and are worthy of a new thread for today....

17. Ya ever get a kit you spend too much time on, it's a bit rough, but yu dig it anyway?

This started out as the AMT 55 post 'street machine from the early 90's (?)tool I guess. I had to use the Mono 1/24 '56 h/t grille, tailights, engine etc. Done as street machine in black by mid 90's. Then it evolved to Potvin 283 with new tube clip, then on to this blown setback 2 speed Hemi Chrysler w/ custom coil/ ladder chassis..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  18. slingshot392

slingshot392

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Eric, love the woodie models. especially the early one with 6 carbs.