Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. OldSkoolF100

OldSkoolF100
    from Tejas

THX Lowriders Art...can't wait to get to work on it here soon.

2. Crypticracer13

Crypticracer13

An i still drool over everyones sweet trucks. thanks for sharing guys

3. j-dogg

j-dogg

This was my first truck, traded it to a buddy. His dad built it, he sold it and it was wrecked shortly after. Pic is from '91

Attached Files:

4. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

One of the reasons I have for not finishing rides any more. I can't keep them,and I hate seeing my work destroyed. Much better to enjoy them as builders and drivers, and if someone wants to finish it, I'm always ready for a new project. Looks like that was a nice truck.

5. I didn't go thru 40 pages don't know if these have been posted

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  6. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Just got back with my #9th F100

17 hour 800 plus mile round trip.

It was worth it. Original paint 68,000 mile 1959 Custom cab with y-block and over drive 3 speed. Came with the original purchase contract 12/16/58 from 92 year old owner

Here is a sneak peak.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  7. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Very nice, sneak peek. I'm making progress on my crewcab. Pictures real soon.

8. Sounds great, you have a gift for bringing these back a giving them new life...

I just found a '59 panel, but I'm not saying where;)

9. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

It is a sickness for sure............At Tims in Riverbank yesterday to try and get her going.

Be sure to post pictures of the panel when you get it.........

Update: It runs. First time since 2003!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  10. coloradodave

coloradodave
    from Colorado

I learned to drive in a truck just like this back in 1985

11. daddio211

daddio211

Well then you need one Dave. Buy mine!

12. first2go

first2go
    from Turlock

Newbie here, but i just wanted to say that I love all the pics tips and tricks that all of you have been doing to your 57-60 f100's. I just recently picked up my own 57 f100 and thought I should post a few pics and say hi and thanks. Im sure along this journey i'll have lots of questions for you guys. heres a few pics of my 57... this is what he looked like when I got him, but since made a few little changes... pulled off the 60 hood and got a proper 57 and now I just need some help lowering it. Its my daily driver, stock 223 with 3 on the tree.

Attached Files:

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looks sweet man!:D

14. jasonnilsson

jasonnilsson

I have a 1959 F100 Custom Cab Styleside Longbed that was given to me by my parents for my 16th Birthday. It currently has a 390ci FE big block engine and a C6 automatic transmission with a 9 inch rear of uncertain gearing. I have always wanted to convert my truck from 2 wheel drive to a 4x4 as 2/3 of the seasons and 8/10 of the roads we have up here require 4 wheel drive. I plan on doing this by building 2 “609” axles. A “609” is a Ford 9inch center section with Dana 60 knuckles(in the front), bearings and axles. This combines the best components of both axles for the strongest set up short of using the enormous Rockwells found on military vehicles. These axles will be connected, via what will most likely need to be custom driveshafts, to either an Atlas II or a Monster Box transfer case. I haven’t decided to use a divorced case or an attached one but either way it will be connected to a new high performance C6 automatic transmission.
    Now we come to the engine… This is the most contentious topic that I have yet to make a decision on. I am a purest when it comes to the make of engines in vehicles so I will never put a Chevy engine in my Ford. As the truck has already been separated from its original underwhelming 158hp 292ci engine, and it currently has a 390ci FE big block, I have many options to choose from. There are basically 5 routes I am considering;
    1. Keep and stroke the current 390ci,
    2. Buy or build a stroked small block,
    3. Buy or build a Boss 429 big block,
    4. Buy and install the new Ford 5.0 liter Coyote engine,

5. Buy or build a diesel engine and convert it to biodiesel.
    Each of these has their pros and cons (including some that I may have not considered yet) but none of them is easy or cheap…
    All of this will be mounted to the frame. Through years of research, I have found that I have two options, either swap the whole frame or modify my existing frame. I have recently been offered a 4x4 frame from a 67 F250 that will require about half as much modification as the existing frame, so I am thinking that is the way to go. This also has the benefit of giving me a frame to work on before I completely teardown the truck. My only hesitation is that I would much rather find a 59 4x4 frame to have the right year and to avoid any modifications, but that is a needle in a very large haystack. In any case, I intend to fully box and clean up the frame and add some crossmembers for strength. To the frame is mounted the body. And here my plans are fairly modest. The only big modification I plan is to raise the top of the bed sides above the body line to match that of the cab and hood. Other than that I am thinking about having all of the existing chrome plated in satin nickel rather than rechromed because I like the brushed metal look. I also may shave the drip rails from the cab. I will be frenching in LED stepside style brake lights like these:
    [​IMG]
    into the rear bed panels in place of the current brake lights. I will also try to figure out a way to add a third brake light on the back of the cab, perhaps something Ford oval shaped. In the bed, I will remove the dented metal and replace it with a very nice wood bed floor though I haven’t yet determined what species of wood I want to use. So far I’m thinking Zebrawood or sugar maple. The paint color is another decision I am putting off but I do know that I will have a creamy off white color below the body line and a darker color above. It will most likely be either a dark copper color or a dark blue like the samples I posted below and you all can vote on. In any case it will be of such a high quality that I will have to post no swimming signs around the truck to keep people from bonking their noses..
    Now for the interior. First off I am going to relocate the gas tank from behind the seat. It will either be an aftermarket tank located under the bed or a custom gas tank integrated into an oak barrel mounted behind the cab in the bed. Originally the truck came with a bench seat but it was moss and mold filled so was disposed of, (which hindsight has shown to be a mistake). From the beginning I wanted to put bucket seats in the truck with a custom console but I have recently decided with help from my son to install a nice custom bench seat, something like this;
    [​IMG]
    to be able to seat 3 comfortably. I would like to cover the seat with leather of some sort possibly suede, bomber leather or ostrich leather (which would match with the sugar maple if used in the bed). I like the look of bench seats that have two tones or two materials like this.
    [​IMG]
    So I will probably go with something along those lines. I will probably still add some sort of small custom console in the center under the dash to have a better mounting place for a stereo and such but it would have to be small enough to not get in the way of the feet of the person in the middle. The dash will remain fairly stock possibly wrapping the top of the dash with leather to match the center of the seat. I will add modern yet classic looking gauges and a custom half-wrapped steering wheel, again keeping it classic looking. The interior of the doors will be treated similarly to the rest of the interior, most likely being wrapped with the same leather as the seat with new speakers inserted in the door panels and new custom arm rests.
    So that’s about it. At least for now…. Much Credit to those whom own the pics and trucks that I use as examples on my blog I think some of them are members here.. http://59f100restomod.blogspot.com/

15. jasonnilsson

jasonnilsson

And here are some pics of my 59 F100 Custom Cab:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    F10: 57/59 2 Wheel Drive F100
    C: 292 C.I.D. 2V 158 HP 4000 R.P.M.
    9: 1959
    P: St Paul, MN
    11623: Unit #
    118: Wheelbase in inches
    G: Color Code: April Green
    E: Color Code: Colonial White
    F100: Model
    21L: Date code November 21 1958
    B: Transmission Code: 3 Speed Overdrive
    02: Axle Code: 3:89 Axle Ratio
    5000: Max G.V.W. in Lbs
    158: Certified Net H.P.
    4000: R.P.M.
    2090: D.S.O.: Domestic Special Order Number

Exterior pics showing damage

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. fksmog

fksmog
    from so cal

this is a pic of my current 59 project that im working on as time,money,wife allow.[​IMG][/IMG]

17. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

fksmog - looking good my man. I can relate on the t,m & w allows statement!!

Good luck on the progress.

PACO

18. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Got my parts truck home. Really rusty, for our area 3/4 ton. Parts for my panel, and I probably now have the only crewcab big window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures of progress on the panel, and current pictures of the crewcab soon.

19. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Sorry, I already posted pictures of the parts truck. Breathing too much acetylene I guess. I learned a lot on the rear cab clip, and feel quite confident about the quarter clip on the panel. I will get a helper for that one though. The big window clip gave me a real nice scar when I tripped, moving it in the garage. Who needs stitches when you have masking tape available.

20. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I was going to say ... snow on the ground out your way already??

PACO

21. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

No snow yet, but it will be here soon enough. My outdoor garage has been very hot and dry. But, the lighting is good.

22. fordmanbernard

fordmanbernard
    from Idaho

Here is my latest 1960 Project. An Ex-Navy Pickup. Body by Orville and it has all the brass navy tags inside the cab. No Rust.

Attached Files:

23. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

There wasn't a tag on my truck anywhere. It was an ex Air Force truck. Pretty sure it was a Crown conversion. It is now a big window cab. I have to get some pictures posted.

24. Land Shark

Land Shark

Well after selling my restored 1959 F100 6 years ago I have purchased another one. I was scared to drive the previous restored F100 but this new one is going to be a driver. I purchased this one as a roller for only $500 with a 2004 Crown Vic IFS already installed in it and she is 95% rust free. My next plan is to pick up a donor Lincoln Mark 8 and swap in the 4.6 DOHC, Transmission, Rear Independent Suspension and most of the Wiring Harness. I'm going to try to keep the budget under $3k. I'm excited to get to work on her...
    [​IMG]
    Picture of the 2004 Crown Victoria IFS. Mounts on top were for a Ford 302 that they were going to mount in it. The welds are fantastic and I was told they were done by the local community college welding instructor.
    <o:p>[​IMG] </o:p>
    Check out the tool box welded into the top of the fender. I have never seen this before. Looks like there is plenty of clearance over the tire.
    [​IMG]
    Pictures of my old restored 1959 F100 (Had a 1960 Hood on it)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  25. daddio211

daddio211

Cool idea, but those tools are going to be hot as hell on a warm Arizona day. Might want to line that box with some insulation. Tools are going to rattle too.

26. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Here's some more pictures of my crew cab project. I have different pictures on the 57 - 60 site. Finally working on the panel again also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like to do surgery. The panel was really rusty in the front.

[​IMG]

The two ton truck I cut up will be the donor for the front of the panel.

[​IMG]

27. Marcio

Marcio
    from Brazil

Hi Guys, my name is Marcio. I`m from Sao Paulo, Brazil!! Look my Ford F100 1965 V8 272! (here in Brazil this model is 62 from 64/65)...:)

430976_266828290102794_101290209_n.jpg

185528_266828196769470_683524781_n (1).jpg

217891_266919700093653_937050565_n.jpg

295164_266829423436014_1307026965_n (1).jpg

314924_266827973436159_105282057_n (1).jpg

480527_266919466760343_1454034080_n.jpg

387155_266919616760328_559605077_n.jpg

28. Marcio

Marcio
    from Brazil

Hi...Some F100`s from Brazil!!

download (1).jpg