Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hejsan/Hola/Hallo from Georgia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bill murray, Jul 14, 2012.

1. bill murray

bill murray

Hi all:
    Joined today after getting a hit on Google about coachbuilt Fords.
    72 tender years old, been into cars since 1954 when I moved to SoCal.

Did a few years drag racing stockers, oddballs really, a 51 Merc 4 door and a 1959 Buick LeSabre convert with 2 4 bbls, Also a 38 Buick Century and a 41 Limited.

Finished College a bit late (One wife/three kids very rapidly from age 20).
    Joined Volvo and spent 12 years with them including 2 year tours in Sweden, Peru and Canada. Moved to SAAB and spent 12 years with them Switched from drag racing to off road rallying and ice racing. GM purchased SAAB and most of us gearheads did not get along with the suits so I parted company.

Purchased a HobbyTown USA franchise in 1992, retired in 2011 and my son now runs it.

Sorry to write a book. I am here because of my real hobby, the history of wheeled military vehicles 1935-1945 including cars and trucks used by all countries both military and civilian. Parallel hobby is US cars sold, assembled or manufactured anywhere outside the US.

I have thousands of photos of US vehicles in this category that I will try to share if there is any interest. Especially the "Umbau" vehicles which were mostly sedans converted into staff cars or utility vehicles.

Catch you later.
    Bill

2. Welcome bill.I spent 30 years in GA.Worked for toyota near powder springs.good times.

3. XL-FE

XL-FE

Hejsan Bill ! Cool story, being brought up on Volvo and SAAB myself but always had a love for American cars.

4. welcome to the H.A.M.B from Buford Ga

5. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

welcome from sweden

6. bill murray

bill murray

Hejsan Stefan & Xl-FE:

I thought the two of you might enjoy these two photos.

When I moved to Sweden in 1974. Volvo allowed me to import my two cars I owned at the time. So, a month after I arrived, my 1974 American spec Volvo 144 and my 1965 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham were delivered at the dock in Göteborg.

I also had a company car, a 145, so I sold the 144 almost immediately and I drove the Cadillac very little until I was transferred to Peru in 1976.

We lived in Lerum and apparently the then President of the Cadillac Club of Sweden, Tage Jingnert, saw the car a couple of times. He lived in Floda, not far from Lerum. I had to leave rather quickly for Peru as there were some major issues there so I left the Cadillac with a British friend to dispose of.
    He was contacted by Tage and a deal was struck. I have not heard from Tage in years, but often he would send me a Christmas Card showing he still owned the Cadillac.

In any case, here are two photos of the car in Sweden, one in front of our house in Lerum and the other of the car at a Club Show.

mvh

Bill

Attached Files:

7. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

Welcome to the HAMB. :D

8. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Tennessee

9. Welcome aboard :cool:

10. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe