Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I finally own one. A BONE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hackman, Jul 14, 2012.

1. After a long wait and lots of looks at a lot of cars, I finally got the one I wanted.

So the story goes like this. 2 years ago, while hunting in an area called Wise River MT, I walked off the mountain onto a buddies land just west of the Wise River about 2 or so miles and noticed a pile of tarps over an automobile of some sort next to a barn with some cattle around it. So my intuition shoves me in that direction. Well when i peeked under the tarp pile I just about shit my pants! It was a very complete 29 A Coupe.

Immediately after returning to the truck, I called this friend of mine and quized him about the car. Turns out it was actually his dad's car and had owned it since he drove it to high school in the early sixties in CO. AND . . . that it couldnt be bought.

Well after 2 years of consistant talks with my buddy and his dad, we struck a deal and I brought it home. The car was actually "gone through" in about 62 or 3 and some period interior upgrades were made, the banger fixed up and some fresh blue metallic squirted on the body. It also has a pretty nice set of 36 wires too.

I sure am happy with my persistance and that the car is from a local guy who was happy to see it go to a real gear head.

I got it cleaned up last night. Just thought I would share.
    Thanks
    HACK

Attached Files:

2. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Cool, good score

3. deto

deto

Wow that's cool!

4. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

Holy smokes! Nice buy indeed!

5. Congratulations! Another reminder to be persistent and patient. My first car was a '29 Coupe, so I have a soft spot in my heart for those. You ought to be rollin' in it like a dog in stink.

6. No deto, your Chevy is COOOOL!

Thanks fellas

7. O yes. Like a dog in stink all right! I was always the guy that said ill never stumble across anything cool. But I would rather be lucky than good any day!

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

love that interior,cool car. what are your plans for it?

9. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Congrats, that looks to be a very solid coupe. Nice score. Plans??

10. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Very nice

Congratulations!

11. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

If you build it as cool as the T coupe in your avatar, well, I can't wait.......

12. Thanks guys,
    Well the plan is to build a late 50's style, full fendered show, drag coupe. Balck body, chrome OE wheels, probably another HEMI for go and absolutely a 4 speed!

You dig?

13. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

very nice A, bag some big game on that trip to the woods. Not many left like that. GOOD LUCK

14. I plan on a full build thread when i get my ass in gear. I have to finish that 52 F1 in the picture before I start on the coupe. I just dont have room for 2 builds at once. I figure I get more done that way.

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Great find brother. Like Scrap said, if it turns out half as cool as your T coupe, it will be killer.

Til you get all the parts rounded up, just scrub it down with CLR, wax it up and enjoy it as-is.

Congrats on the find.

16. awesome find and good on you for being persistant!

17. Gromit

Gromit

Nice! The interior looks a little tired, but if you don't use it I bet you could fins a buyer pretty quick, for a real period piece.

Good stuff

18. manyolcars

manyolcars

1935 was the last year for wire spokes. They were 16" that year.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

And women wonder why guys like to go hunting. Great score. I'm sure your friend will be pleased with your plans.

20. sololobo

sololobo

Good for you man, looks like a real sweet ride. You are off to a great start with the work already done on it. I will be looking forward to your build. ~sololobo~

21. pumpman

pumpman

Just curious, have you tried to start the banger?

22. TRuss

TRuss

Congrats! Someday I'll join the club.

23. Manyolcars,
    My bad on the wires. Thanks!

24. I did try to start the banger and its stuck. I actually got the head off and its pretty rusty. I will tinker with it untill i get bored and stuff the HEMI in it! ahahah

25. 2935ford

2935ford

Ok by the looks of your garage....you've got to much to do so.......you should turn the A over to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Good goin'.

26. 2935ford I definately have too much to do. The truck is actually doind to be my uncles so i better get going!

27. Blackie

Blackie

Awesome story on the find. I love when you walk around a corner in a place you'd never expect and BINGO!

Sent from a pay phone

28. brady1929

brady1929

29. Lil32

Lil32

nice buy , good luck with build