Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roll Bars Pictures regarding style and installation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Backpacker, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Backpacker

Backpacker

Going to put a roll bar in my 1927 Ford Model T Roadster. Need some photos for ideas of style. Also if possible how they are installed. Thanks. Rick

2. You should be more specific.

Something that looks traditional or something that will pass NHRA or IHRA tech?

3. bobscogin

bobscogin

I think a roll bar is one of things whose form and design is dictated by it's function rather than by "style". What's the purpose? Something NHRA compliant, street use, or?

Bob

4. Bob
    You and I are on the same page when it comes to form following function and roll bars. I do believe that a lot of them are not actually as functional as say the cage in a funny car.

here is an example of a '27 roadster that belongs to Don's Hot Rods.

[​IMG]

5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is how I do it, not NHRA approved, but good enough for vintage racing and affords some protection on the street.

6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Sorry, here are the pics.

Attached Files:

7. Another thing that is probably worthy of mention is if the roll bar is not stuck sufficiently above your head the use of a shoulder bely/harness should be questioned. you want/need to be able to duck down below the roll bar if it is doing to save your neck. I say that because if you are very tall a roll bar has got to stick up there pretty high.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Marty, you build a mean little track t there. Those are just so well done. :D

Don

9. Backpacker

Backpacker

Not for racing. More for looks. Just going around town with my wife or one of the kids or one of the grandkids. Also to help me get in and out of it. NO doors, fiberglass body. I'm a large six foot two.

10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Beano is right about the shoulder harness aspect, that is why we only use a lap belt. With a fiberglass body I like the protection the side bars give on the street. Thanks for the compliments Don, here are a couple more shots of my cars.

Attached Files:

11. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I went with a little higher bar... and, it might look better lower...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CoolYourJets likes this.
  12. Streamliner, that's a nice hot rod !!

13. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Streamliner, I wouldnt change anything there, well done!