Register now to get rid of these ads!

Insurance Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikemo, Jul 12, 2012.

1. mikemo

mikemo

Who do y'all like for insurance on your HAMB friendly rides? I have used Haggerty on several classic autos, and still do. Never had a problem or a claim for that matter, however when I got a quote for my 50 Club Coupe they really hammered me because it was "modified and looked like a hotrod". Actually it is basically stock as far as drivetrain, their determination was based on the fact that it had flames. I'm hoping to get my 36 pickup completed soon so I'm looking for an insurance company that won't mind if it is "modified" and that I will be driving it daily.

2. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Condon & Skelly are Hot Rod & Kustom friendly.

3. sic-nic

sic-nic

myself as well as a bunch of guys i know use grundy. very reasonable.

4. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

Hagerty here, reasonable rates and less restrictive.

5. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

i was under 25 when i got my classic car policy and zehr was the only company that would insure my cars

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

also, you could do a search here on this subject that has been covered many times

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I have all my stuff, newer and older, with State Farm.........been with them for over 50 years.......no issues........but also few claims.

Ray

8. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I have State Farm, I have a stated value and agreed value policy. I wouldnt trade them for the world.

I had an accident while out of state on vacation, and they couldnt have treated me better. My house was hit by a straight line wind, did $60,000 in damage, and I was asked by my neighbors who I knew. I have been treated like royalty.

I have State Farm for everything, and so do my family & neighbors now.

9. mattraff

mattraff

Saw the Grundy thread and decided that I need to start thinking about insurance...

Called Safeco today for a home policy question and ended up insuring for my unfinished 26T I valued at 7K. $19.50 for 6 months and they are sending me a $75 refund check for bundling my home & auto.

Not sure whether I should be happy or worried that something isn't right... :/

10. Several threads on this very subject. SEARCH truly works here, it does, really!

11. mikemo

mikemo

Thanks guys, Jalopy Joker/patrick66 rest assured I did the search thing as I generally do on a daily basis, but in this case I did not find the answer I was looking for. I do appreciate all who responded with options that I can check out.

12. Many of those threads address the very questions you posed. mikemo.

13. mikemo

mikemo

WTF, patrick?

14. If it is not insured they will not pay you for it if the house burns down.

I still put my cars on my homeowners policy with an agreed value. They don't bother me about if they are modified or not and we are both happy.