Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shiny - hiney carpet!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BetsyVanDeVille, Jul 11, 2012.

1. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Is this a good company to order molded carpet for your car from? I have been looking at different places online! It's the cheapest at $140. Just curious and wondered if anyone knew about them!?

Goodguys sponsors them so I would think so!

http://www.shiny-hiney.com

2. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Never heard of them, but dammit, now that I have I don't think I'll be able to forget them! Lol

3. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Thats what I am saying! Shit I was stuck for a while on only finding the lowest at $160! I am thinking this is a find! I HOPE!

4. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Keep in mind, they probably don't mold their own carpet in-house. They probably get it from somewhere else, and perhaps are trying to undercut their competitors' prices. IF you decide to order from them, start a thread about your experience, take pics of the carpet and the install, etc. You might be partially responsible for helping to launch another resto parts supplier and get their name out.

I'm in the same boat right now. Was looking for a carpet for a while, ended up taking a risk and bidding on a carpet on eBay. It was a NOS Arthur Fulmer carpet, and I ended up winning it for 24 bucks. Here's the down-side... I am working on a '53 Chevy 210 four door, and the carpet is actually for a '58 Poncho. I figure, if I have enough material to make it work, rock on. If not, well, I'm only out 24 bucks. But I may be in the market for a carpet myself if it doesn't work out.

What's the shipping going to run?

5. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

When I did a fake checkout or only took it as far as I could, I read 25$ I am not gonna jump to fast into it, cause I have a little more work to do, but I like to be prepared, but $140 ----- kick ass!

6. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I just pulled up the carpet for my car and it said $151 and some change. Still not bad, but $175 after shipping. I think I saw one on eBay for $165 shipped. Wish they had head liners though! Can't seem to find one of THOSE reasonably either.

7. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

I just was looking and it says something about different percentages added on depending on the quality and make of the fabric! Boo! Good for me tho! Ebay is where I saw the one for a pretty good price! I could have sworn they have headliners! BRB I will check!

Nope you are right! No headliners! I just kept google searching for shit and typing in prices until I found something!

8. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

I would check into them as much as you can. I am always leary of web sites that aren't updated regularly. The way I read their web site, it hasn't been updated since January of this year.

9. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Good thought, thanks Old Tin!

10. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Government Actions
    BBB knows of no significant government actions involving Shiny-Hiney.com.

Advertising Review
    BBB has nothing to report concerning Shiny-Hiney.com's advertising at this time.

Additional Information
    BBB file opened: 04/11/2005
    Business started: 11/03/1997
    Type of Entity
    Partnership

Contact Information
    Principal: Mr. Wade Crise (Co-Owner)
    Ms. Karla Crise (Co-Owner)
    Number of Employees

Business Category
    Auto Parts & Supplies-New

Products & Services
    This company offers auto lights for custom vehicles and motorcycles.

Alternate Business Names
    The Crise Company

Looks pretty legit to me. Couldn't find any customer reviews through Google though.

11. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Stupid question, how did you check them out?

12. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I put "review shiney-hiney auto" in the Google search bar. There are at least a half dozen other Companies with that name making everything from bidets to soap to fishing lures. :D

13. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

14. 51Fourdoor

51Fourdoor

Betsy,

I am Wade Crise, owner of Shiny-Hiney.com. Our biggest selling items are LED taillights for classic and muscle cars, but if you cruise our website, all of the exterior trim, interior trim and lenses come from Trim Parts. They are located in Lebanon, OH about 5 miles from where we are located.

We have absorbed a number of price increases along the way, not to undercut our comp, but to remain competitive. Pricing for carpet depends on the style and material you choose. If you go with the standard 80/20 loop (original 60's style) there are no adders.

We typically charge a flat rate on the shipping, but if actual shipping costs are more than $5.00 from what you are charged at checkout, we can refund the difference. If you have any questions, you can reach me at [email protected]

Best regards,

15. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Betsy, it's always great to get a direct response to your post from the owner of the company and find they are a member of the H.A.M.B. I would think you could buy from them with confidence. Hope you enjoy your new carpet. Drive that Ford and have fun.

16. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

OUTSTANDING! So glad to hear their items are made right here in the USA, too. THANK YOU, Wade, for keeping it here in the homeland.

Well, that was pretty much the deciding factor here! I guess if the carpet I bought doesn't work out, MY hiney will be shiney as well!

17. Correct me if I'm wrong but a quick look at the web site and I didn't see a listing for a '54 Ford or any Ford for that matter. HRP

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  18. snelson57

snelson57

Doesnt even look like you are going to have to take that rocket ride, Betsy.

Thanks for the response Wade....Good to see you on the Hamb.

19. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

man i think that was mr. shiny hiney! he was like a regular guy! i wonder if he goes to the same kind of restaurants and eats the same kind of food that we do!

20. wondering if you have a showroom where a person close by could pick up items instead of shipping them

21. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Guys! Shiny Hiney is amazing! Love them and they are worth every penny! They rock! Here are photos of the the process to get the carpet laid out all nice! PLEASE be kind this was my first time doing this!:p

22. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Here we go!

Attached Files:

• 1a.jpg
      1a.jpg
      File size:
      255.4 KB
      Views:
    • 1b.jpg
      1b.jpg
      File size:
      254.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2a.jpg
      2a.jpg
      File size:
      299.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2b.jpg
      2b.jpg
      File size:
      354 KB
      Views:
    • 3a.jpg
      3a.jpg
      File size:
      392.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3b.jpg
      3b.jpg
      File size:
      195 KB
      Views:
  23. desotot

desotot

Well, the carpet looks good,, have to admit I was afraid to click on the shiney hiney link,, thought I might get mooned.

24. rld14

rld14

Carpet looks great! Now, my 54 Customline could use some new carpet............

25. 51Fourdoor

51Fourdoor

Betsy,

Thank you very much for posting your experience with us here on the HAMB! We do our best to take care of our customers.

I am happy to hear the carpet laid down well, looks great!

Regarding the other posts; we do not have a showroom for pick up and yes, I am a regular guy that eats regular food. My current projects are just outside the HAMB years; '67 Pontiac Bonneville station wagon and a '65 Mustang for my son.

26. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Wish they had some FORD truck carpet!

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

Read that again. They are a GoodGuys MEMBER, whcih means they paid some money and stuck the GG logo on their website. It's meaningless. It's like saying Facebook sponsors them because the FB logo appears below the GG logo.

That doesn't mean they're good or bad. :)

28. Blacktop VooDoo

Blacktop VooDoo

Hey, Nice job on the carpet Betsy!

29. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

51 it looks like you have a good product, are you an Alliance vendor?

30. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Too funny. I clicked on this thread because it made me think of a dog doing an ass-drag across the living room. Shiny Hiney