Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GOODGUYS QUESTIONS???? What Do You Want To KnoW????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

1.) Whats the possibilities of bringing the Drag Events back to the Lone Star events.
    2.) Would like to see better lay out of the vendors in the buildings. It is so crowded in the buildings that it's hard to hear or talk to the vendors, I get frustrated and leave. I walk through the building where they sell wind chimes and purses and nobodies in there except for a few Nancy's.
    3.) If we are really GoodGuys what kind of things do we do to give back to the Communities besides a little boost for the Hotel earners. Maybe some free rides around the track for kids that have MS or such things.
    4.) Never go on Sundays because I am an Old Fart and my ass is dragging after Friday and Saturday but, I agree with the guy that said limit it to cars that are least 25 years old.
    5.) Do you like long walks on the Beach and what color eyes do you have?

Great art work in the Gazzette. I also enjoy the articles, even your articles are kinda okay:)

2. You already have my suggestion ;)

3. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Why wasn"t my car on the heartland nats t shirt this year!!!!

4. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

is there any way i can drive the truck my deceased grandpa left me (a 93) around the speedway at kansas, if i enter it in the super sunday show? my grandma would love that!

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

1. I didn't know we used to have them. I'll ask.

2. I agree, but I don't know if there is alternative other than being outside. As "Nancy" as the craft stuff is, it gets a lot of wives to the event.

3. We do that type of stuff as often as possible. At many events we bring in bus loads of students for free. We also did a couple years as big contributors to Ronald McDonald House. Some of internally are working on a charity that we want to be run separate from Goodguys, but Goodguys will be donating to it.

4. I hear you.

5. Yes. Dreamy.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Normally, yes, on Sunday, but this year the track is under construction so no track cruise.

7. broey

broey

I think the 25 years or older limit is a better idea for super sunday than allowing anything american powered onto the lot. its bad enough when I go to a local car show and it looks like a chevy dealership with all the new cameros and vettes. its even worse when I pay 25 bucks. 25 years or older will still fill the lot.

autocross is pretty boring to watch. can you add a jump please?

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Hell yeah! How about figure 8 with two cars on the track?

9. broey

broey

10. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

I have been attending Good Guys events for years and usually leave on Sunday mid morning for home. But when I go to NSRA nats north I stay till the end. Why? Because after the trophy stuff they have Sunday only drawing for all that wasn't claimed Fri. and Sat. in the give away. At Colunbus this year, 12:30 Sunday a women showed me a stack at least 2" thick of unclaimed give aways. What happens to them anyway?
    Been going to NSRA Nat North since it was in Detroit and have'nt won a drawing yet but I keep stayin till the end. Even when Kalamazzoo was flooded with rain for 2 1/2 days of a 3 day event cars were still there and waiting for the Free, Free, drawings.

Not much of a fan to see new cars there on Sunday. To see a bone stock Soltice crusin around the grounds does nothing for me. Maybe up'in the years to mid 80's for Sunday would be OK as long as it doesn't get flooded with Dicks drive'in Donks

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

We do keep drawing until they are all claimed.

12. 2002p51

2002p51

I asked you this once before, and I don't want to start a whole "trailers/no trailers" pissing contest, but the fact is that some people must trailer and I know you always have a trailer parking area at every event, but;

Some folks who must use a trailer would prefer to park the trailer at the hotel and leave it there for the weekend and drive the car back and forth to the venue.

Can you find out which hotels would be "trailer friendly" and have room for that sort of thing and make some indication of that on your hotel list?

Unfortunately for family and other reasons, we haven't been able to attend an event since '09, but just the other day my wife and I made the commitment to ourselves to go to Charlotte this year. Rooms are booked and registration is paid, and we can't wait! :D

13. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

Why don't you use the GG website for your data? You would find people who care there.

14. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Well I 'm not sayin I don't beleive ya but the woman showed me a whole lot of green tickets that she said were unclaimed and the way I see people blow outta town Sat evening and Sun. morning its not hard to beleive that there would be a lot of unclaimed. If it happns at NSRA I would think the same happens at GG's.

15. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Back in 1990. It was a one time only deal.
    They ran at the Motorplex on Friday,and the show was at Southfork back then.

16. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

Infocomercial.

17. pastlane

pastlane

What ever happened to Byron Edwards?

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

It's always a conspiracy for some of you. This is me answering questions. If you knew me you'd know that's how I am.

19. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Selling advertising.

20. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Why so many events at race tracks? There must be other locations that could provide a better atmosphere. DesMoines is a good example.
    I miss the show at indy raceway park with the drags, can it come back?
    kansas city attendance is dropping quickly, any plans to improve or eliminate?

21. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

I think its infomercial....and good thread Kirk!

22. Fenders

Fenders

Lame question....
    What is at the core of any event where admission is charged?
    To give the public what they want and make money by doing so.
    Is that so wrong?

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

Just like any good business.

24. KIRK!

KIRK!

They have space for the show and plenty of spectator parking. It's hard to find both. Of course fairgrounds usually provide this too. Des Moines is the coolest place we go. I wish there were more places like it.

I don't know if the show will return to the drag strip or not. I'm sure it will at least be discussed when the contract for the Brickyard is up.

For now, no plans for changing KC. It's not a big success, but it's a great part of the country for an event.

25. BCR

BCR

Just an opinion, but the show at KC being on Labor Day weekend has to affect the turn out. This is the last good weekend for the lake in Kansas and I have several friends and customers that do not attend because of this (and the heat at the track). If I remember it use to be a few weeks later and it seemed the temp was nice, more cars too.

26. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

I don't think this is a conspiracy by you.I have met you [47 Ford]. I enjoy your pictures and your enthusiasum. I have gone to Goodguy events and probaly will again. However they are not traditional rod and kustom shows and that is what this site is suposed to be about. And Goodguys overcharges Canadians for membership regardless of reasons given L.O.L.

27. 61falcon

61falcon

make the event thur fri sat and leave sunday for travel. it just makes it easier for the working crowd to miss a few days of work in the same week than to take the following monday off. dump the auto cross, dont like it and i know alot of older gg members that dont like it. super sunday is not what gg members and walk in spectators want to see. most associate hot rods with drag racing, therefore gg events need to be at dragstrips not fairgrounds. i miss gg at irp in indy. the sounds of the cars running down the track, the smell of burning rubber and race gas in the air. its the perfect setting for real hot rodders. not sitting in a parking lot for three days. the auto cross is hard to watch, cant see whats going on standing at ground level and who wants to stand for hours on a hot day hoping to catch a glimps of a car as it goes by. and now for my question, why did gg pull out of the blue suede cruise at norwalk?

28. BCR

BCR

When did they ban traditional rod and kustoms?

29. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

I seen you on a golf cart twice! Never offered water or nothing!

30. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went to Nashville for the second time this year. I drove in to the site on Sunday and after a quick walk around, I hit the road. The show was over....for me. There was no reason to stay. You must come up with a reason for people to stay or they will hit the road. Many do Friday and Saturday, then go home. Perhaps if you shifted things a bit, they would stay Sat and Sun and then drive home on Monday. That would keep spectators coming in on both days.

You may be shooting yourself in the foot two ways with Super Sunday. The entrants AND the Sunday spectators may decide its not worth it. If I paid to come see pre 72 cars on Sunday and all I had to look at we're Mustangs, Camaros and Vettes, I would never come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.