Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. RayMiller

RayMiller

Hey bob if it's cool me too, I'm way interested in that station wagon good sir, thanks for all the info too. How did that match race come out in the end?

2. BobG

BobG

I'll find a good number for you guys,

We had a good time there we won 2 runs and Donnie Reeves won 1 in the "Fasination" Camaro
    We ran a match race in Dallas Ga on Saturday night and then Calhoun on Sunday
    Both tracks have a great history of A/FX, early Funny Cars and Super Stockers.... Otto told us stories of Richard Petty running his Barracuda there and Sox & Martin, Mr Norm, Arnie Beswick, Malcom Durham and others.... what a nice guy Otto was.

3. BobG

BobG

This is the only number I can find for the track 706-629-6161 When you call them you might want to tell them that you have a friend that had talked to Otto a while before he passed away about buying a few old projects.
    Otto told me the 55 wagon had a lot of extra parts in a shed close by where the car is sitting.
    I was told Otto's son and daughter run the track now.

One of the cool trasures there is in one of the garages... they have a 37 Studebaker Hearse in original condition with all the dingleballs in the windows and everything... I was told they wanted $6500 for it.
    That place has several treasures.
    Otto told me he used to buy old cars and projects from the local people when they needed money.
    I stumbled across an AC Cobra fiberglass kit body laying in the weeds and a newer style Super Gas Corvette race body and chassis
    He had a 50's Anglia roller with a narrow Ford 9" and dropped axle project for $1500

Hope you guys save some of this stuff... good luck

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  4. Irishman

Irishman

If someone would just send me next week's lottery numbers, I'll buy some land, build a shop and take in these poor creatures. I'm pretty sure I can get a tax break if I register it as a sanctuary.

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

too funny

6. Apenaut

Apenaut

Behold - the Studebaker factory graveyard!

Most of the cars are still there - what's left of them. The prototype four door woody wagon's restoration has just been completed. The two door wagon has supposedly been saved too, but I haven't heard about it in years.

The location is the middle of the Bendix test track near South Bend.

Imagine if this was a forest full of Ford or Chevy prototypes...

Attached Files:

7. Bo Duke

Bo Duke

Found this in a blow out on the inlaws ranch.

Attached Files:

8. Model T1

Model T1

My wife's oldest sister and husband had a small 40+ acre farm N.E Peoria, Illinois years ago. It was mostly hills and gullies. I remember dozens of 41-48 Ford complete runable cars in one of the gullies. I believe mostly 2 and 4 door 46-48 sedans. In fact, we got a few running one time and drove them around the hills of the farm.
    The farm and all the surrounding land was sold to a large company who makes yellow worms. I can just imagine those cars being buried in the gullies.
    I had a chance to drag some of them home free. But had no place or use for Ford sedans.:(

9. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That is incredible! :eek:

10. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Hey I see you are in AZ - I am here in NV where we're spoiled, having little rust...

Prices have come way down on the ones I see out here. So why try to get that '55 2-dr wagon that a used-up race car body from a rusty area?
    Somet hing rare, I can see the transport expense.

I have passed on a (way better) '55 2-door wagon project in UT in the last year,
    and another solid, original paint '56 2-door wagon "builder" in the last year due to lack of storage space...both under $2500. and little rust.

They're around.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  11. RayMiller

RayMiller

I check cl locally and here in az guys still think there cars are gold so that's why I asked, plus driving to Utah sounds boring lol

12. slamnfreak

slamnfreak
    from Washington

Here are some taken at a yard nearby (almost everything is for sale, but some of these pics. are a year old, so some stuff is already sold).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. slamnfreak

slamnfreak
    from Washington

14. RayMiller

RayMiller

Man that 63 wagon is cool, I love that hamms beer sticker too

15. BobG

BobG

There's you a white 55 two door wagon in one of those pictures looks pretty solid too.
    A lot of good projects in those shots

16. RayMiller

RayMiller

Don't know how I missed that one bob but your right on the money, and it's up on top so possible not to bad!

17. slamnfreak

slamnfreak
    from Washington

A lot of these cars are dry...gotta love the high desert. I pulled several pieces off the '54 GMC for my wife's truck. As for the '55, I'll have to check that one out next time I'm there. It may already be gone, though. There are several '56's there, including one decent wagon. Not a '57 in the entire bunch, although there are a few '58's and '59's. The car with the Hamm's sticker has a black California plate that I can't get off for anything.

18. Bart78

Bart78

[​IMG]Dont now how the pic came out like this.

19. Bart78

Bart78

[​IMG]
    Same with this one

20. Here's a few I saw the other day...ooooops...I suppose there is only one for the H.A.M.B.ers. The 1940s Plymouth.

Attached Files:

21. manhugos my bitch

manhugos my bitch
    from nor cal

22. Sitting for 8 years... Was running and driving, and then just neglected.

Attached Files:

23. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

just found this in the woods

Attached Files:

24. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

Ha Ha ! You got that huh? What did you have to give Rick for it?

25. [CJ]

[CJ]

Found this the other day.

Attached Files:

26. Jbann

Jbann

These are just sitting around my area of Northeast Pa.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. lukey

lukey

Found this one at my pop-in-laws. Its holding up his garage near a creek.

Attached Files:

28. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

29. The_Monster

The_Monster

LUKEY!! Are you kiddin us?? SAVE IT!! Find ANYthing else to prop the garage with. Pull it outta there!!!

30. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

I found the following link on a mountain bike site, showing various abandoned vehicles along mountain bike trails. There is a lot of newer junk but also some classics left to rot in the woods. Some of them may have enough information to where you could get to them and salvage any remaining parts if you were local. I saw at least one good Buick grille someone could save.

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/abandoned-vehicle-thread-716247.html