Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest SamIyam's son Nathan Dies in skateboard accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, May 9, 2012.

1. CathyH

CathyH

My heartfelt condolences go out to Sam and his family as they deal with this horrible loss. Remember all the good times!

2. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Wow. My condolences to you & yours. I'm going to hug my 16 year-old & tell him I love him, whether he likes it or not.

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Very sorry for your loss man

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow. Just saw this. Hard to comprehend how this must be affecting the parents, family and loved ones. Prayers from Indiana.

5. NathanStrubesCelebrationOfLifeService.jpg
    Nathan's "Celebration Of Life" Service

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  6. CruZer

CruZer

I'm sorry for your loss, Sam. Loosing a child is probably the worse thing a parent can go thru.
    It's happened to me twice in my life. Hang in there.

Glenn

7. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

So sorry for your loss
    Prayers go out to the Family
    FRANK

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sam, Just look at all of the posts that have been sent on Nathan's behalf. If that doesn't show you that your loved by this sometimes disfunctional family nothing will. And as an extension we also loved Nathan. just look at that picture of him holding that skateboard. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm betting that if he had the priveldge of a longer life wheels would have been an important part of it. Take pride Sam in his short life as I'm sure he would have made you more proud with each passing year that he will not get ot live. As long as your memory of him goes on he will always be a part of your life. My condolences to you, your wife and the rest of your family and friends, May He Rest in Peace.

Frank

9. 52pig

52pig

Looked like a beautiful day to say goodbye, Once again I am sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Nathan.

10. man... my prayers are going out to you

11. Colville

Colville

terrible news, sorry to hear... Long time skater myself. Had a step brother pass at 14 getting hit by a car when skateboarding... my prayers go out to you and you family

12. 1 BAD DLX

1 BAD DLX

This is such a tragedy. This kid was way to young to pass on. My prayers go out to Sam's family. Ride In Peace, Nathan! Rest In Pinstripes, bro.

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences Sam and family, so sorry.

14. Manimal

Manimal

Wow, I just read this. I am sooo sorry for your loss. I could not imagine. My condolences to your family.

15. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My sympathies Sam, I don't know what else to say.

16. There are just some things that can only be made right on the other side.

God give your family strength during this trying time...

17. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

Sam,our prayers are with u and your family...im a transplant recepient..in 2009 i received a pancreas from my donor kyle...he was a skateboarder who was thrown from his board days after becoming a donor...that was a very important thing for him...chuck

18. Been away for a while only to see this tragedy... God Speed and prayers for your family...

19. =mike=

=mike=

I'm sick to my stomach as I write this man . . . so sorry to hear about this . My heart goes out to you and your family .

20. Ebert

Ebert

Sam,

Prayers, thoughts and a whole lotta love from my family to yours in this difficult time. You should be very proud of your son as I am sure you are. Godspeed. E