Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Two thumbs up.Bubba's Ignition Service(GMC BUBBA)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metal man, May 7, 2012.

1. metal man

metal man

So me and the dog are in the shop today,building frame rails and listening to VanHalen, just a normal Monday. Then it became a great day when the UPS guy showed up with a box from Bubba's.

I went to Wilmington last Saturday for the ECTA event and handed off my old Mallory YL distributor for a rebuild. Four days later it was finished. I actually had to ask them to wait a day to ship it, since I was going camping and didn't want it left on the porch.

The people at Bubba's are super friendly and professional, and I could not be happier with the out come.

By the way, this is for the DeSoto 330 Hemi in my '29 tub project. Now I really can't wait to hear it run for the first time!

Thanks, Bubba.

Attached Files:

2. Willy301

Willy301

Can't wait to hear it run, I am going to have to come and visit so I can see the tub!

3. metal man

metal man

Any time. I work,eat,sleep here.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you didn't show a pic of Bubba's Hot Sauce...I thought he put a bottle in every box...unless he ain't doin' that anymore.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. I bought two flathead distributors from him and didn't get any hot sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

6. railroad

railroad

I ordered a mallory for a flathead about a year ago, hello.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'd call Jim and see where he is on it...he doesn't usually ever drop the ball on orders...

8. metal man

metal man

No, I didn't get any hot sauce. Damn it! I want my hot sauce.:D

I can't imagine what the deal is with the guy who has been waiting a year. Mine took four working days...and I went to Bubba's in the first place because of their great reputation.

I'm stoked!

9. railroad

railroad

In Jim's defense, he sounds like he is covered up. I ordered the mallory and got a chebby. I told him I would keep the chebby and still needed the mallory, a couple of times. I offered to buy a used mallory and send it to him, but he said, he just needed to work some up for me. I just gave up.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

He's the only ignition guy I'll ever use. Just did a mag for me. In fact, Jim did that thing ship to Tardel yet???

11. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

No the mag has been wall art at the shop . I will get er shipped to him this week.....

12. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Dont ever give up , sometimes you got to stay on me a bit..:eek::)

On the hemi we got done so quick, my part time guy Wally fell in love with it and got it done. Plus it was on top the stack when i unloaded from Willmington.
    I am behind in getting the Mallory flatheads done and have a few on the waiting list. Resend me a pm with your info and i will get er done.....:eek:

On the hot sauce we are making a new batch for this year , just remind me when you order and we will get some in the box....

13. dart165

dart165

Just talked to Jim, seems like a good dude. will be sending him my ol' flathead Mopar mallory Dist/coil for a refresh.
    :)

14. worked out a trade with Jim, and he got it done, and bout did he... The dizzy looks like it is NOS!!! I also didnt get any hot sauce, but the dizzy is well worth not getting any.

Thanks Jim!!

15. GMC BUBBA: He IS the "DIZZY MASTER"...
    he did mine,,,,Never ran better.....

[​IMG]