Register now to get rid of these ads!

opinions paint for 57 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57ford/60thunderbird, Jul 10, 2012.

1. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

there are two running around here. one is just plain gray. the other is pale yellow with a white top. they both look good. you didnt say if you were building it custom or racey. custom would be some sort of dark red for sure. race i think would be some type of tan with a white top.

2. This is your answer...

3. That is the problem I am struggling with right now. My Custom was originally that awful doeskin and white, and I had intended to paint it white. Then I fell into the "me too" trap and wanted to paint it red. I am now leaning more toward the yellow that was on my last Custom. This is a good thread...keep it going.

4. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

60's Ford "Heritage Burgandy" / Lincoln "Royal Maroon Metallic". Bitchin' color !!!!

4TTRUK

5. im building as sort of cross between a 60's junior stock and a 80's style restified stock body minus front bumper and gravel pan basically stock interrior built driveline 390/c6

and since i have an extra one laying around i might put a 60 t-bird hood scoop on it or go with my first choice which is a glaxie size teardrop scoop

it is a 70a custom 2 door sedan not a 500 or a 300 its the plain jane version one step up from the business coupe

6. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

And the color choice is?

7. coral sand base clear and uhem toyota/lexus white with silver pearl 3 coat paint

thinking of adding some fine gold flake in the coral

8. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Id paint it light blue & white like the 427/425 powered Custom 300 I had in 1965. I like the factory 2 tones. Saw a beautiful red & white one at Bonneville this year

9. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

It took me a while to pick a color, found a gold that I liked after spending a couple hundred bucks at the paint shop getting customs samples made up. After a life time at the body shop its soon coming home, then the fun starts putting it back togeather. Should be a fun winter!

10. I know you decided not to do Black. Thought I'd post a Black and silver with Flake in it to help you stick to your decision. Also my 59 is Aztec Gold and white. I just think these 57-58-59 Ford's need to be 2 tone and look grate just about any combination. Looking forward to seeing yours in Color. Good luck.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

11. pist-n-broke your 59 looks great , thanks for the encouragement

12. Thanks, that is a 76K original mile Virgin. The only stocker I own.
    Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

13. Dakota Boy

Dakota Boy
    from Racine, WI

House of Kolors Deep Lilac Pearl ;)

14. I like (and rarely see) the yellow and black two-tone. I'm pretty sure they had a soft yellow in 57 kinda like GM's Springtime yellow. That would be cool with yellow roof and lower body, or vice versa.

15. Willy_P

Willy_P

Go to the google search page, select the "images" tab, and type 57 ford.
    LOTS of color combos there- the blue/ white seemed to pop for me
    My 2x

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. mine was originally black and white.

Attached Files:

17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Saw this one at a car show this past weekend. Cloudy out when I snapped the pic but when the sun hit it, it was very nice. It was a metallic and kinda pearly. Lippy

[​IMG]

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back in the Mid 60's a friend of mine painted his 57 tudor post 57 Pontiac Lime Fire Green and that was one of the best looking 57 Fords I've seen until this day. I'm not sure what series it was but it had the gold trim down the side.

19. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Im partial to the colors in my avatar. I believe the blue on my car is a Tbird blue possibly used in late production but dont really know. Its too "blue" to be Starmist blue. Any of the choices you mentioned would be good.