Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tommy Ivo Dragster Trailer Picture's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cecil, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Cecil

Cecil

Anyone have any picture's of Tommy Ivo's Dragster Trailer's from over the years ?

2. knotttty

knotttty

3. Ebert

Ebert

One that I found and saved!

Attached Files:

4. mj40's

mj40's

5. robber

robber

Wow! I haven't seen the pictures of the glass sided trailer in years... marketing genius from a true showman who happens to be one of the most famous drag racers ever. And how about his "T"? I doubt if any "T" ever won more trophys then Tommys. Not only was it in demand for TV, movies and magazines, it kicked butt at the drags with its Buick Nailhead.
    The dragster trailer: one of the coolest ever! (more of a car hauler than a trailer).

6. Ebert

Ebert

I agree. I first saw the glass-sided hauler as a kid at our drag strip...Muncie Dragway... when my dad would book him and Garlits for match races. Did I have the life....and didn't even know it!

7. robber

robber

Just a side note... I heard the trailer had lights in it so that you could see what was in it when it was going down the road at night!

8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Check this out

Attached Files:

9. Cecil

Cecil

Ebert .... When Tommy got Inducted in the Motorsports Hall of Fame Don Garlit's told a story about Muncie. He said he was match racing Ivo one night and they pulled to the line to make a run.He said it started to drizzle rain real light.He said about that time Ivo staged his car then it really started raining harder.Garlit's said he thought he must really want to win this race lol. So he shut off his dragster and got out nd Ivo went straight down the strip with no problem.He said it was pouring the rain in his lane and dry as a bone in Ivo's lane.Garlit's said that never happened again.

10. robber

robber

Sweet... I met both those guys in the 60's at Lions. Now your taking me back; I wish I could go back. Cool picture!

11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I found that picture on a r.v. website.Go figure

12. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

As I recall, Tex Collins purchased the Ford glass hauler in the early 70's, I was working at my brothers speed shop in Scottsdale Az. Tex Collins had his Allison powered Funny car in the back. The truck and the funny car was going to be painted by Tweety.

13. Ebert

Ebert

Cecil, Thanks for sharing that story....I had not heard that one before! My Dad loved those guys...they would always put on a helluva show. I am so blessed to have seen (and met) so many of my heroes...I just wished we could have afforded a camera!!!! Thanks, Cecil! E

14. swifty

swifty

Ebert, I've got a pic of a separate glass sided trailer which Tommy was using at the Nationals in Indy in 1966. And we were told that it had lights inside to show off the rail when travelling at night. Don't know what he was using to tow it, maybe his push car?

15. Cecil

Cecil

He used a Cadillac to tow that trailer.I remember it well.It looked like a showcase at night all lit up at night.What a class act !!!

16. That's so cool.

17. Cecil

Cecil

When Tommy took his first glass trailer out to go on tour. It got hit twice by people in cars trying to look at it while they drove by.

18. Cecil

Cecil

Any picture's of Tommy's Red Rod Shop Funny Car Trailer ?