Register now to get rid of these ads!

opinions paint for 57 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57ford/60thunderbird, Jul 10, 2012.

1. ok i sold my project 69 roadrunner that i had owned since 93 and never driven to my friend who is an awesome bodyman

i got 2000.00 in cash and 4500.00 in body/paint work on my 57 ford sedan

so now i HAVE to decide on apaint color for it and i d like some suggestions DONT TELL ME ITS MY CAR PAINT WHATEVER COLOR YOU LIKE ,please

i know it will be two toned and white with silver pearl will be the secondary color on it its a 57 custom not the custom 300

i have narrowed it down to 4 colors i think

(these are 57 ford colors)

the salmon or coral color

the light green

the light yellow

or royal burgondy(sp?)

the car was originally black dont want black

if you had a57 ford 2 door sedan what color/ colors would you paint it?

2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

3. Burgandy is OK I suppose. When I was little I really liked cambels soup orange, and salmon was also a color that floated my boat. Maybe it was just the names.

Let me throw another color out there it is not doubt out of your price range. I have seen a few '57 Fords candy red and loved them. So for your consideration and to muddy the waters a little more how about candy red.

4. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Light Green.

Would you do the 2 tone?

Seafoam Green & White sure look nice.

5. Squablow

Squablow

Is it customized, a hot rod, mostly stock, or? What kind of wheels? The feel of the car will determine the paint color.

There's a pic floating around of a '57 Custom 2 door post with dog dish caps and blackwalls and the car is all black, looks incredible.

If it's a lowered, customized one, maybe with wide whites on it, I'd like the light green. I've seen a Turnpike Cruiser that had that light green but the secondary color was black, was really striking. I've also seen a '56 Chevy that used that coral color two toned with black and that looked amazing as well.

I like the burgandy but only if it's all one solid color, not as a two tone with white. That would look good hot-rod style with some mag wheels and redlines or something, or as an ultra-smooth custom.

Not really a fan of the yellow/white two tone.

6. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

yellow body, white roof, or solid burgandy would be my choice. Not in your choices but I've always liked black with a silver roof.

7. froghawk

froghawk

I'm kind of partial to the "Coral Sand" color. "Inca Gold" (aka light yellow) would be great also. The light green ("Willow Green" in Ford-ese) is a too much like a washed-out pea green for my taste. I couldn't find a burgundy shade on the '57 Ford color charts. They did have "Silver Mocha Poly" which, IIRC, is an interesting maroon/brown metallic.

Are you doing the typical Custom tu-tone with the secondary color on the roof, decklid, and quarter panels above the side molding?

8. One of my favorite color combos.

9. squire don , yeah if i do the seafoam green it will be 2 toned with white

beaner ,while i love candy red im going to steer clear of any of the reds,blues,oranges that you see amillion of

squablow i guess the best term would be a cross between a 60's junior stock and a restified (stock body minus front bumper/gravelpan built driveline) it will be up in the air a bit with a rake and more then likly will have chrome reverse rims on it

oh and im thinking since the back half of the car will be white that im gonna go with a creamish interrior

10. froghawk, yeah royal burgondy is what my 60 t-bird was originaly , and yeah it will have that style two tone job (think 55 chevy)

11. The cars of this era look good in the bright light colors, sort of pastel. I would go with a yellow/white or a cream/orange.

12. suede shoe

suede shoe

Here is a light green/white one I saw at Back to the 50's a few years ago. I like it, the white looks like more of an off white. Yours would probably have more white on it though. The blue looks pretty good too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

I like the light green in a two-tone, with either black, dark green, or white as the second color. If you use dark green, the two colors have to be matched pretty well or it will look weird. The warmth and saturation need to be right.

15. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Before we can render an opinion... 500 or 300 Series and which trim package... I never cared for the high contrast two-tone... loves the Buckskin Biege and the Coral - Tropical Rose and Colonial white... look through the photo section of 57ford.com by model and then chose a color gives you the contrast... better yet, post a photo of the same model and ask someone to PhotoShop the colors you are thing of... Best of luck

16. You ruled me out from the start,,,how about dark black!:D

Yellow and white would look good.HRP

17. Square One

Square One

It may to too customized for your build, But I really dig this!

[​IMG]

Rik Hoving Pic

18. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

19. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

My personal factory favorite sedan color combo was two-tone blue... Ford just seemed to pick the right colors to match the car... I just did a quick search - and it is 1957ford.com

57 ford paint 01.jpg

57 ford paint 02.jpg

57 ford paint 03.jpg

57 Ford paint 4.jpg

The wagon is mine... and if I think if I ordered one new it would have been this color

20. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

21. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

22. suede shoe

suede shoe

The light yellow was called Inca Gold, on the '57 Ford color chart.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  23. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Comp appearing should be one color IMO

24. indyjps

indyjps

Burgundy and silver would be nice. These cars do look great in pastels light /medium blue, light green, yellow

25. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

That would be Dresden Blue...

And if you use a white...GM has a Bright white that is a refrigerator white, that alone would add a brightness to any other color...while Ford's whites were actually off whites...

May I...toss in another color for your consideration: turquoise...Packard '56 and GM Bright white...a great combo.

R-

27. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

57 Thunderbird vanilla shake. Then put a Cammer in it.

28. cosears

cosears

The new soft blues like Mustangs or dodge trucks with Grey top,hood and trunk. compliment the color with a rich grey interior either lighter or darker than the paint color.
    Perfect for the 57 Ford

29. 40studedude, im planning on painting my t-bird torquoise if it wasnt for that this thread wouldnt have been started i love the torquoiseand white combo

exstreamliner yeah the doeskin tan is like my 5th choice

im just wanting the car to stand out...... but, its not like when i go to a local cruise-in theres allready a 100 57 fords there but the ones that usually do show up are black or solid white

30. How about 91 Dodge Black Cherry metallic?

Lee