Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Shop in Bartlett, TN?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mogara, May 25, 2006.

1. mogara

mogara

Last year at the Columbus, Ohio Goodguys show, I saw a hot rod (I think it was a track raodster) with a "Mikey's Hot Rods - Bartlett, Tennessee" decal on it. Does anyone know of that shop? The owner wasn't around to ask, and I didn't get a picture of it.

2. the-rodster

the-rodster

Don't ring a bell with a SOKY MIDTN guy.

Bartlett is near Memphis, maybe a Memphis HAMBer can chime in?

Rich

3. BigT

BigT
    from Memphis

Nothing in the Memphis phone book. I haven't heard of it but I guess that doesn't really mean anything.

4. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

i know theres a rod shop in cordova right outside of memphis.i stays in north ms.,the rod shop in cordova tn,is a bunch of gold chainers ,and they build billet rods with new bodies toyota suspension and all the high priced junk you really dont want.i went in there one time to check them out and they where ,just assholes.:cool:

5. mogara

mogara

The car this decal was on wasn't a gold-chainer ride. I really don't care about the shop, though, I just want one of the decals! Everyone calls me Mikey, so I thought it would be a cool decal for my ride.

6. Why? It isn't your hot rod shop.

Anyway, doncha know that EVERYONE has a hot rod shop now. Make your own decals & presto, you're in business.

JH

7. mogara

mogara

True that. I guess I don't really need to show off my handy work with someone else's shop name on it.

It is pretty sickening all of the new shops popping up. I am probably just jealous...one of these days, I'll quit my real job and joind the bandwagon and start a shop myself. The level of craftsmanship at some of these new shops is terrible. If you can't just bolt it together, some guys really struggle. I work on a race team, and most of the people here could fabricate circles around most of the "pros" that have television contracts.

8. FireDogs

FireDogs
    from Memphis,TN

No such Hot Rod shop. I live in Cordova and drive through Bartlett all the time. Prolly just some guy named Mikey from Bartlett. But, when you think about it. If you build your ride from the ground up in your garage at home....you technically have a hot rod shop. haha.