Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tragedy avoided at car cruise today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chrysler, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Well done sir.
    Tom

2. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

I do thank you for sharing that story. Proves car people are good people, and proves you made a wrong turn for a reason...

3. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Thats great!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn it! Just when I'm feeling like the world is full of a__holes that don't care about anybody but themselves, I read a story like this that restores my faith in humanity!

As far as I'm concerned, everybody that stopped to help the guy out is a hero. Too many people don't want to inconvenience themselvs to get involved. Thank God for the few remaining people that care, like you guys.

5. Thank you for sharing the story and It is quiet apparent you guys were in the right place at the right time.

A inspirational story.God does work in mysterious ways!:) HRP

6. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Karma. That guy has most likely helped other poeple in neeed during his lifetime. His payback came when you all stopped and helped.

Good on all of you. I also think you check back on him. Just to see how he;s doing.

7. rld14

rld14

Talk about being a Mensch! Good job man! :)

8. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Very cool. Now days most folks would just keep going with all the carjackings and shit going on. Good Karma is in your future

9. Nice to hear there is good out there! Way to go guys!

10. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

good job! definitely be cool to follow up and see how the guy is doing...

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Agree...Great of you fellas to stop. Dropping back by would brighten that gent's day...
    No doubt he's thinking about you guys, that lady, the chair...and the other cool cars that stopped.

Don't let it be a memory. And, Bless you guys.

12. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Good Deal, you guys are true heroes and that is why I always carry a first aid kit in my car- God only knows when you will be in that spot- good job and well done-

13. Just goes to show God knows what He's doing.

14. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

A happy ending....we need more of them in this world...thank you for sharing...

15. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Neat story. Made making the wrong decision on the poker run the right one for the guy with the injury

16. Goodlife

Goodlife

Heart warming story, good on you my man, thanks for sharing!

17. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks for sharing. We seem to hear only the bad things. There are still good people willing to help others. You all did a great thing. Definately stop back and see the guy. Maybe you can get him to take an interest in his old truck and even join the HAMB.

18. We can't always agree with what happens but God works in mysterious ways. You guys did good!!

19. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I called the hospital today but privacy policies wouldn't allow them to give me any info. They just played dumb even after I explained who I was and that I was one of the people that helped out.
    I do understand and respect the privacy thing but I wish they would at least tell me that he is ok.
    I would go to his property and find his house but I live 4hrs away.

20. ken1939

ken1939

Good things happen from Good People.

I try to explain to my younger nephews about being a stand up person all the time, even when no one is looking. You never know when you will get "the call" to stand up and take action.

You passed with flying colors. The story of the good samaritan was about you!

21. Thanks for sharing this. Let it be inspiration for the rest of us to stop & check on our fellow man more often.
    Chuck

22. we should all look out for one another a little more, this world would be a better place..... having said that nice job and hero like for sure.......

23. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Nice save, poor old guy

24. Very cool story.

25. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

AWESOME!
    You guys did a good thing.

you guys should keep in contact with the old man I am sure he has a lot more to share with you.

26. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Great story. Sad thing is, this probably won't make the evening news. Thanks for being the kind of people who give a shit about their fellow man.

27. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

Might be a chance to add a another truck to next years cruise. Good job

28. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Amazing story. Thank you for sharing.

Please do what you can to follow through on finding out how this guy is and post the news update.

29. Good for you guys and the lady. You all deserve a well deserved thanks and pat on the back.

30. Damn Greg (55Dude) called me tonight and said hell of a job Bob I am thinking WTF?
    I see my best friend sold me out Lol Love ya Bro. I did nothing less then any of you would do, I know that in my heart. I hope to see Mr Clark later this week. Our uncle Sam gave me good training to use and thats all I did. I did however have my black NW HAMB shirt on Lol thanks for all the kind words.