Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Northeast Ohio - 1930 Ford Model A Roadster

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 28-31, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 28-31

28-31

Hello All:

I've been lurking for quite a while and thought it was time to say hi.

I have a 1930 Ford Model A Roadster that I'm building as a traditional fenderless hotrod -- as close to 1930's / 1940's period correct as I can.

Right now, drive-train is 100% stock Model A, down to the mechanical brakes. I plan on keeping as much of it as I can (including the 4-cylinder) and adding Winfield high-compression head (cast iron original), Winfield intake and Winfield Model S downdraft carburetor (I'd love to use 2, but so far only have one). Transmission will be left stock for now, but I'd like to add a Mitchell overdrive. I have an early Halibrand quick-change rear end for a Model A that I'd like to use too. Wheels are stock '32 18-inch factory wires. We'll see how the rest goes.

I don't think I'll have time for a full-on build thread, but I'll see if I can post some pics at some point along the way.

The HAMB is by far the best resource I've found for traditional hotrodding. Thanks for all of the info I've already received from the archive and thanks in advance for all of the questions I will have going forward!

-Jeff

2. Welcome from New London Twp, Oh. The car sounds cool!
    Bill

3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

5. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Welcome from Bainbridge OH!!

6. 28-31

28-31

Very cool! -- I'm in Burton (grew up in Auburn)

7. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Welcome from Kentucky! That's about as traditional as it gets! Sounds cool. Keep us posted.