Register now to get rid of these ads!

@#(@! Radiator Thieves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PhilJohnson, Jul 8, 2012.

1. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

My friend and I were working on his 63 Ford and his radiator had a leak in it. I went to look through my radiator collection and found that a few were missing :mad: I had a nice huge radiator for my 50 Chevy dump truck and a couple of radiators for OT AMCs. Stupidly I had left them outside (they've been sitting there for like a year). Some jackass just waltzed away with them. So I've installed some security cameras, put up a few signs, and going to get some custom rounds for my shotgun loaded with rock salt (along with some slugs if that isn't a good enough deterrent). Also got a ton of locks too. I've came home with random people in my driveway in the past. It's time to hide all my stuff from view so curious idiots don't come knocking on my door.

Tomorrow I'll be calling a few local scrap yards. They are required by law to write down people's license plate numbers when taking in non-ferrous metals so hopefully I can track the asshole down.

2. henry29

henry29

I hope you find them.
    I had two newly re cored radiators for my 48 and 57 chevy's stolen, along with about 5-6 other good used ones. not to mention about $2,500
    worth of tools, no telling what else they took.

3. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

Dang man that's rough :eek:

4. 72hd

72hd
    BANNED

had a good rad. stolen about a year ago. Let the word out that sometimes i sleep in the house-----sometimes in the garage- armed in both,all the thevin bastards need to find out is where i am

5. squirrel

squirrel

I kept my old radiators in the barn, had about 20 of them...I scrapped them before any of the methheads found them. Good money in radiators.

6. 62rebel

62rebel

gotta have a card from the Sheriff's office here to sell anything other than cans.... not that it makes anyone more honest, just a way to track 'em.

7. dadsdreamcar

dadsdreamcar

I like the way they do that Rebel! They have started stealing bronze plaques from cemetery's around here. It's all just wrong!

8. I hate a thief!!! Hope you can find the scum that took your radiators.

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

They have been after radiators for many years so its not a recent thing,back in 74 or 75 thieves got the radiators out of our trucks we had at the family cabin in the middle of nowhere Michigan,we were not the only ones that got hit as I found a field of cars years later that had been there since the 60s and none of them had radiators and the owner said they were taken about the same time as ours. You have to lock them up if you want to keep them

10. Gary in da UP

Gary in da UP

Some theives cut the cores from a dozen dump trucks and pieces of heavy equipment stored over winter in a gravel pit near here..... probably came in on snowmobiles... appears they had a cordless sawzall and cut the cores out and left the radiator headers and side straps in place. Sneaky bastards.

11. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Keep it locked up and out of site, no one that I don't know comes in my shop ESP. People from Craigslist! A good dog works wonders, as long as they bark who cares how big it is. People who come into my place at night might be surprised, some people carry on a daily basis, practice at the range and know their rights. BAM!

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

some people are just too stupid to hold down a job.

13. Black Primer

Black Primer

I hope you find out who the low lifes are. I have random people in my driveway quite often too. It seems "no trespassing" signs don't mean much these days.

14. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

The other thing these douchebags do around here is cut the catalytic converters out of pickups..easier to get under..., they do it at Walmart, movie theaters etc using cordless sawzalls. They sell em for the precious metals that are in them, so if you have a big truck park it where it can be seen, out of the shadows. You are right, these lowlifes don't work, collect from the state, steal the property of hardworking people, they all need a fierce ass kickin!

15. henry29

henry29

A good friend worked at a newer funeral home here, which hadn't built there garage yet. Someone stole the converters of the new Cadillac hearse and new Chevy van.

I seen a brand new Impala yesterday, with temporary tags driving down the road with no exhaust.

16. cheveey57

cheveey57

round my way the " metal collectors" use shopping carts. So not sure how that would work. I wish you luck though.

17. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

My dad was on the radiator business. He too kept cores for scrap. Saved them up till winter time and used that money for his hot rod hobby. These days in our area, if it is not bolted down, it will not be there for long.....

18. jaymann

jaymann

Damn low life scum!
    I had the entire front clip stolen from one of my OT cars. fenders, hood, nose....gone. I had just removed it to work on the front suspension and frame. I came home it was gone. Quite awhile later I found an ad for my fenders online. I called and got a description and they were mine. I called the cops who said it's my word against his. I think they spooked him 'cause I could never contact him again and never got an address.
    Just yesterday I was looking for a door window I had in my stash and the driver's side glass is gone...passenger side still there. I don't even know if anyone would know what it would fit!

19. Model T1

Model T1

Sad but true most everyplace! What's odd is these scumbags can't work because their back, arms, ass hurts. But they can work their asses off stealing things welded, bolted, and otherwise hooked down!
    Our local scrap yards ask for ID. But these crooks all have ID too. Maybe ours. Guess it's happening everywhere. Gotta get drug, smoke, and beer money someplace.

the cops who said it's my word against his.This one sounds normal too. Hell the cops know all the crooks.