Register now to get rid of these ads!

Follow me along and help me get a 34 roadster ready for a wedding!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jan 14, 2012.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh thank god!! I didn't want to be that guy that says "where's the hood" because by all means this car is so rad as it is but a '33-'34 just looks so much better with a hood. I think we talked about that in Austin right? It's like having an ice cream sundae which is certainly delicious by itself but if you can get it with a brownie under all that ice cream is just makes it more awesomerest ya know? :D:D:D

2. I like 33-34's with full hoods for the most part...few exceptions but man they just look so streamlined! I was waiting to get the hood handles back from the platers... Now just need another set of hands to get it on. You free tonight??

3. Chris, your roadster is looking great man. Very well done. I see the "Donelan" roadster has found a new home....cool. Does it live close by so you still rip it around?

4. Yeah, my good friend Devin bought it. He only lives about a mile from me so I can see it more offen :) hope to see you guys at Amocat

5. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Nice pair there buddy!....If I only lived closer.....!

6. VonKool13

VonKool13

In my best But Head gigle," Huh,Huh,Huh,Huh Hot Rods Rule!"

7. Thanks guys, got the hood on today, it's really starting to look like something now! The hood handles do clear the headlights...barley!

[​IMG]

8. brad2v

brad2v

Again, wow. Just when I thought I couldn't love it any more. It looks spectacular with the hood. nice job.

9. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Looks amazing CS.....happy for you as the dream comes together....!

10. That's funny, I thought it was really starting to look like something a while ago!

It looks great Chris, congratulations!

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What does it feel like to have your DREAM CAR there in front of you and driving? Seriously I wanna know. :D:D:D

Sorry I couldn't stop by yesterday. I was low on gas money.

12. Thanks guys! Since the windshield and hood are on it just looks a lot more like a complete car. Now I'm down to final bugs like aligning it a little better, adjust the brakes a little more, and I have some bad clutch chatter that's driving me nuts. I bought a nice USA made (spendy) clutch and it chatters. I don't want to pull this thing apart but it's driving me crazy. This thing drives like a pig compared to my wore out 33 pickup :D

13. Chris,

I expected it would make a huge difference with the hood but that really cleans up the lines and stretches it out.

Maybe the "wore out" pickup is really just getting worn in like a favorite pair of shoes.

14. I call that truck the "magic truck" because everything, and I mean EVERYTHING just bolted on, wired up, fit right and worked perfect the first go round. When I put the hydraulic brakes on, I installed em, adjusted them, bled them once, and have not touched them since and they work PERFECT! So now I expect that kind of action every time and we all know that ain't happening :D

And yes, the truck is breaking in nice. I can't wait to get the new engine and 3.54's in the back so it will be a little more highway friendly.

15. VonKool13

VonKool13

Have I ever told you "I hate YOU!" :D

16. It's pretty rad. But weird too. I mean, this is a nice, rare and somewhat expensive car but I still slam the door and flog the shit out of it. I need to tell it I'm in control ;) I was driving it home late last night, it was a nice cool evening after a scorching hot day. Dark back roads, no noise except the exhaust bark and I was just smiling.

Back to reality the trans is coming out soon, that clutch chatter is driving me crazy and while we are have 100 degree heat I am not driving it much so may as well get er fixed!

17. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

such a rad frickin' car.

i'm going out to work on mine.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What I'd be afraid of if I had my dream car running is that the other ones would never get driven from then on. I'm afraid that once I get my '33 on the road the '35 is going to take a back seat.....maybe not though since the '35 will be a bit more comfortable.

Get that trans fixed!!! You gotta get to bonneville!

19. I still drive the 33 pickup. It's more all-weather and I use it as a truck :D But the engine is coming out of it very soon as my Bother bought it for his A roadster. I have a new 59AB for it. The 41 convertible is down for the count anyways as the throw-out bearing has been making noise since I got it on the road...well I think it finally locked up and besides that, the trans is shot anyways. I have a rebuilt one, I need to yank it and install the good one by why mess with that ol boat when I could work on the 34 ;)

Man, I just realized I will be going from having 3 functioning cars to zero functioning cars! I better get me ass in gear!!!

20. greaser

greaser

Sounds like ya line 'em up and do 'em all at once....just like Henry's shop!

21. I've been putting the miles on the ol car for the past couple weeks. Working a few bugs out and such. Overall it runs excellent and goes down the road great.

[​IMG]

This weekend I decided I have had enough clutch chatter and leaking tranny...so out it came. I think I can see what the chatter was from: I have recently learned what the term marcel means in a clutch disc...this one does not look like it has any! The inner "spring" is flat!

[​IMG]

On a side note- this past weekend was the Spokane Swap meet. Sunday right before it closes I see this T RPU with this message on the door:

[​IMG]

I ask what the bottom dollar was and the guy said he did not want to take it home, so 400.00 later it was mine.

As I was carting it off I got an offer I could not refuse for a friend of a friend, so off it went! Would have made a great hotrod project but I really didn't need it ;)

[​IMG]

22. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Probably the last time you'll see a T RPU powered by an Emperor!

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Was I that friend of a friend? I didn't think so....damn it. I was hoping you could build it for me and store it out in the PNW for when that one year I actually can come to the E V. W runs.

24. That's a good one Jack!

25. Could it be the new Emperor's model T rickshaw?

26. 2935ford

2935ford

Good luck with your clutch.

BTW....being a truck guy....who's is that blue one in the back ground?

Attached Files:

27. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

The "big" flathead trucks did not have any marcel plate/spring.
    But the Marcel plate makes driving much nicer in the lighter vehicles.

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

While you were goofing off at the swap, this snuck out of Spokane.

[​IMG]

29. I thought you got that in MT? My buddy has a 26-27 tub for sale as well, wish I knew you wanted one! I think I sold my 23 touring too...got a guy coming over this week to look at it. T's are falling out of the sky!!!

30. -Brent-

-Brent-

I met them in MT. They drove 3 hours to Missoula to cut some time off my trip.

What's the condition of your buddies? This one is cancer free just needs some love in the way of a seat pan, firewall and toe boards. I've got that stuff coming to me during speedweek.

Back onto topic, when does the trans get dropped and the clutch straightened out?