Register now to get rid of these ads!

Derek's 1950 ford coupe shoebox build and introduction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 5, 2011.

1. Spoon

Spoon

Superb build. All 38 pages of it. Top notch work. Keep it up man. I'm totally on the edge of my seat watching every step.

2. Ha ha good stuff man I'm trying it's 720am here on a Sunday and I'm in the shed workin on it. Do u think I have a problem??? Ha ha. I'll post some more pics today cheers

3. 562roadster

562roadster

Excellent craftsmanship. The shoebox has come a long way.

4. Thanks Brother that means a lot appreciate it.it has come along way alot further than I a originally planned to be at my this stage
    Des

5. My dash is smooth ready to paint

Attached Files:

6. thewaxhead

thewaxhead

Wow. I finally got through reading this post from start to finish- taken like 6 hours!. Even added ya on Facebook in between. Inspiring, all credit to you guys and good luck.

Looking forward to seeing it in 2 1/2 weeks here at Motorex!

Matt

7. Ha ha ha hey Matt cheers dude. Thanks for the compliments on Facebook. Ur Val is too fuckig sweet. Really looks nice mate I've had to vc Val's now that is one cool wagon. Catch ya at motorex
    Des

8. thewaxhead

thewaxhead

Thanks Des, really appreciate the compliment! Hope one day i can take some of the tips from this thread and apply them to my own project.

Keep shredding it up, once again lookin forward to seeing it!

9. Pics I took the other day not really an update as theres heaps goin on with it and all
    Coming along nicely

Attached Files:

10. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

looking good shit tits, have fun in sydney while I'm freezing my balls off up here

11. 68wagon

68wagon

great work des and yep i hate u 2 :)

12. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

13. Ha ha ha suck it morgs u amateur u should be coming.

14. Ha ha ha ha thanks.
    Des

15. Doin some welding and sanding to get killer door gaps along with a million other things. I'm gunna post a video cause aparently my air bag setup is a little quicker than I hoped and with no weight in te back of the car it actually jumped off the ground I think I'm gunna have to slow this baby down.
    Des

Attached Files:

16. Phat Bug

Phat Bug

This thing is Bitchin!!
    Hanging to see it in the flesh at "Chopped"

17. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Lookin' sano Des!

Trash oooonnn!!

HC.

18. Great work Des, it just keeps on getting better and better.

19. More progress

Attached Files:

20. 68wagon

68wagon

Should turn a lot of heads in Sydney des wish I was going dam it I'm guessing we will see a ton of pics when ya get back cheers Scotty

21. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

awesome progress, great car

22. EHBoy

EHBoy

Des you are a ruler, this car is hands down the nicest car in oz bar none and by far the best i have seen on the HAMB.
    awesome chop perfect proportions and top notch workmanship.
    I cant wait till oct so i can see this car in person at chopped.

PS. not trying to blow wind up your arse but i did just spend 5 hrs reading this start to finnish and am in awe

23. Ha ha ha wow. That's some big calls and I'd have to disagree with some of it but hey I'll take the compliments thanks man god damn there is a lot of new people goin to chopped this year. Cannot wait for choped for some dirt drag madness in the car again. Ha ha i domt think i could read myself for 5 hpurs its gettin too long ha ha but im glad that it keeps some people interested enough to read thw hole thing. Best in oz massive call and best on the hamb even bigger call. We are just a couple chumps in a shed ha ha. Thanks alot.
    Des
    year

24. Yeah Scotty
    I plan on takin a shit load
    Of pics up there and will up
    Load all the progress up till next thurs when we leav at 5am shiiiittttt not
    Long left but gettin there none the less.
    Des

25. A couple pics of the man the myth the legend.
    Ahron Jeffree.
    And yeah my headlights work cause all the brand new wiring is finished too. Those e to z wiring harness are money in the bank and peice of mind. So good to install.

Attached Files:

26. EHBoy

EHBoy

yeh big calls i know but i saw it in person at choped last year and it was nice then, and it has come a very long way since then. good luck in sydney man hope you get there and back no dramas

27. FLX

FLX
    from Germany

Wow, it looks great!
    Do you already know the color you gonna paint it?

28. Ha ha thanks brother I will make it I'm Een gettin it ready enough in the next week to drive a bit of the way, well someone else will cause I'm the dumb Fuk who lost his licence ha ha.
    But we will have a bak up trailer for breakdowns and to put it on so just a couple hours crusin hopefully I'll put a shit load of pics up of the cruise
    Des

29. Oh yeah well I'm thinking about starting on the body work and spraying a base coat on so I can cruise it lookin satin while I do more work but the end plan is real traditional gloss black, white fire wall with a candy gold nailhead with lots of chrome 97's white tuck an roll interior with gold piping gold carpet and a pearl white days with some gold striping that's the plan anyway.
    See what happens as time goes by

30. I gotta take a lot more photos but I'm just so flat out killin myself I don't stop but I will tonight and do a scent update in works time on my phone ha h.

Attached Files: