Register now to get rid of these ads!

Central Ca. is waking up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Coalition, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Central Ca. has always been a hot spot for car enthusiasts. In the late 40's the So Cal kids would come into town to race and often be taken back by the passion they encountered in Fresno when it came to the men and their custom cars. As the hobby began to slow down the average age of the local hot rodder grew older. In recent years a band of guys formed Hot Rod Coalition, a company dedicated to restoring the mystic of the Central Valley hot rodder. Join many H.A.M.B members as they continue to plant seeds in the Valley to restore the legacy of what was. HRC has monthly events drawing over 440+ cars and 3500 spectators. These are casual community gatherings that don't cost a penny. If you are within a couple hundred miles it is worth the drive to see all that is happening in Fresno. Check out the site and come out and attend the August 3rd event that will focus on "Hot Rod Inspired Art" as Fresno Underground Art showcases their talents. If you are from the Central Valley hook onto this movement and make it your own!

Attached Files:

2. a little to far to drive mine :/ wish i could join ya

3. Muttley

Muttley

It's about time something decent happens around this dump.

4. Went for the first time this past Friday. What a GREAT time. I will be back!

5. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

I really enjoyed this event, and will continue to attend. The turnout was great with many fine cars. Also a great idea to have them every month. The Tower District and Riverpark shows are a little far apart.

6. PonchoJohn

PonchoJohn
    from Fresno, Ca

Cool! I was looking for something to do last Friday- too bad I missed it. I look forward to Aug. 3's show!

7. John, you'll love it!ale sure to stop by the HRC booth and say hello

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

9. skooch

skooch

I'll be darned.

10. JxCentralCal

JxCentralCal

Looks like a good time.

11. Fresno is showing up by the masses but we really want to host the entire valley. If you or your club would like to check it out let me know and wr'll secure you some spots.

12. Freemoe

Freemoe
    from Fowler, CA

My dad and I will be there.

13. This Friday night "Rods on the Bluff" is going down again at the Park Place Shopping Center. Fresno Underground Art brings their crew to showcase their "Hot Rod Inspired Art" and a slew of A and B gas race cars will be on location. We'd love to have all the hambers out there representing. Its also a free event so come out and chill and enjoy over 400 cars.

14. ravedodger

ravedodger

I laughed so hard at this that I choked! Yup. Still laughing....

15. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Is it Fresno only? Or the outlying area? Seems we only see the same cars a little farther out.

16. ravedodger

ravedodger

I laughed so hard at this that I choked! Yup. Still laughing....

I look forward to going someday. It won't be soon because I'd look pretty silly lugging around my huge pile o' parts and calling it a hot rod.

17. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I love that 40 convert. I tried to buy it for several years from the previous owner Tee-D-US. I bought my last 48 convert in Fresno.

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

See ya there!
    [​IMG]

19. another show tomorrow night

20. Alright, last month "Rods on the Bluff" blew up. There were 556 registered cars and over 3500 spectators. A ton of local fabricators, painters, etc came out and showcased their talents. It was an absolute blast and tons of guys came in from out of town. October 5th will be our last event of the series and we'd love to see everybody out there. If you have an HRC logo on your car you are free as always and for any newbies it is a stagering $5.00 to participate:) Vendors are welcome to set up a booth for a minumal fee. Ask around about this event, I think it speaks for its self. I hope everbody has a great day. If you have any questions just ask and lets continue to make this series the hottest new tradition in the Valley.

21. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great--wish I was closer--Fresno has always been a hot bed for the car scene--remember the late 50's-early 60's on Main, Stan's drive-in, Mars drive in and the Drags at Madera and Raisin City.

22. June 7th is our next "Rods on the Bluff." Don't miss out and if you haven't make it out yet let us know and we'll personally save you spot.

23. SlamIam

SlamIam

Thanks for promoting car events in the Central Valley. When I was a kid we raced at Raisin City, bought parts at Eddie's, cruised Belmont and Blackstone, raced nights behind Roeding Park. We honked a salute to Billy Vukovich every time we passed his grave on Belmont. I could never have imagined Fresno being as dead at night as it became over the years. Anti-cruising ordinance had a lot to do with it. Glad to see things changing for the better.

24. The scene here in Fresno is still going strong. If you are with in driving distance, next Friday, Rods on the Bluff is going off. The brand new Brad Bosworth built Streamliner will be on display as well as some HAMB dragsters as we heat up for Eagle Field. You can also see many hot rods that were once owned by local enthusiasts. We will unveil our "Hot Rod Heaven" gas pump, where friends and family can honor their loved one by added their name to the side. This event will again bring out over 500 hot rods and 3500+ spectators. I hope to see all locals out there!

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank you HRC for continuing your efforts to keep the Hot Rod Community united! See you Friday Night. Rocky