Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any HAMBers in or near Freeport ME? Goldenrod Garage.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoof, Jun 22, 2012.

1. hoof

hoof

My dad has charged me with buying him a Nash Metropolitan that he found on Hemmings. It is for sale at Goldenrod Garage in Freeport. I am concerned with buying a car sight unseen and was wondering if there were any Hambers close who would be willing to "kick the tires" on the old girl for me?

I don't want to hire an appraiser, but if someone thinks a few bucks for gas money is fair that is fine too.

Thanks,
    CHAZ

2. CDXXVII

CDXXVII
    from Vermont

I am not close enough but I have been there and looked at his stuff. I would definitely not buy sight unseen. The owner has bought a full page ad in every Hemmings for about 35 years. I am thinking that's over $500,000 in ads. He must be gettin it from some place.

3. Roger53

Roger53

He is an a//hole . When to look at a car said he wouldn't pull it out if I wasn't going to buy it. Other people I know have had simliar run ins with him.

4. racemad55

racemad55

Brings overpriced crap to Carlisle every year.

5. ralphie9n

ralphie9n
    from new jersey

I will be in Freeport next month. If you cant find anyone before that let me know and I will swing by for you.