Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Ford F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

Looks good man makes me miss my 57

2. Blake84

Blake84

Looks super good! I wish I had the skills you have now let alone at your age....great job. I want to see a video of it when it's all done and back together!!

3. Looks great man! Now the fun part begins :D

4. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Looks great Jon..now get to the wiring and get that thing fired up!!

5. shadams

shadams

Hell yea dude!! Kick ASS!!

6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DHi Jon.Lookin` good.Not a big fan of most Chrysler products.BUT you can`t go wrong with that 318.Its like the battery bunny.It just keeps going and going and going.Forever.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

7. Jon, your truck looks bad ass! It has come a very long way. Congrats

8. Looks good Jon. You should be very proud of it!

9. Well sunday I traded my old wheels and tires for a 50's caddy "batwing" air cleaner..hope it fits. I remember seeing a pic of one on a fridge but can't find it. If anybody has a pic post it up.

10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey if nothing else I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make an adapter if need be.

11. No my concern is the back of it hitting the firewall..I already have the bottom piece.

12. Well I have installed some lakewood traction bars( they were free), waiting to order a ignition relay so I can fire it up. Yesterday I bolted my hood and fenders up because after I fire it up, it's goin home!

Attached Files:

13. Blake84

Blake84

I can't even imagine how excited you must be to drive that bad ass truck around

14. oh wow. that looks amazing! i know how you feel with the running part. sooo close to getting mine to run. gotta install brand new Holley carb and a few electrical things here and there, and she's good to go! i can't wait!!

anyway, that thing looks good! just a suggestion, but maybe for paint green flaked scallops and flake the roof to match??? i dunno, it's your ride.

15. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

looking good like how your bringing it back. Good job.

16. Thanks guys, and I think I might paint the roof pearl white.

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Yes.. paint it!:D

18. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

[​IMG]

I know those may not be HAMB friendly, but I love the look of them trench diggers! :D

By the way, do you still have the slot wheels? If so, what size are they and would you be interested in some horse trades? ;)

19. acombs22

acombs22
    from Lubbock

Truck looks good. Roof with be sick painted white.

20. Didn't know they weren't non HAMB friendly..oh well. And yeah I still got em..what kind of stuff do you have for trade? 15x8 I think...I'll check

21. Little bit of an update. Had to buy a new starter($40) and the starter solenoid I needed was actually $8! So we got everything all wired up and got two little 'cough' videos but I'll post a better one soon. Found out I didn't have an ignition key so I got one outta 59 in a junkyard for $15 but it's a modern style so the little chrome ring won't go on it. Also bought a door latch and striker plate for $25, I installed the latch today and now my door stays shut.

Got the gas tank bolted in today just need to wire it and run a fuel line. Also got some headers last night that I painted, just need to remove the original tranny xmember so they will clear...and painted my batwing air cleaner that will be getting pinstriping soon!!

Attached Files:

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Its good to see that you're getting closer Jon. That ought to be one sweet ride when you're done. One thing though, I sure hope the picture of your wiring all over the place is an "in process" picture. Loose wires will cause big problems when you least expect it, as I know from experience. Eli

23. GMM

GMM
    from Buhl, ID

Nice, I have a weak spot for those years of Fords! Keep up the good work!

24. Yeah the wiring will get buttoned up when I'm done.

25. Today I finally got the old striker plate off and installed new one(took an hour!) and cut the hole in my floor for the battery box and drilled holes in box...
    stay tuned for tomorrow!

26. Got the battery box and lid made and installed, also put a oil and voltage gauge in and have the whole dash all wired up.
    We brought it home yesterday and I put the chrome grille on with the half moons, put mooneyes stickers on lower fender corners, blue dots and my CjCool sticker..and rolled it in the garage til more work gets done. Today my girlfriend and her dad are gonna come over and help me put in my shifter.

Attached Files:

27. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

28. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

[​IMG]

i posted on here in feb, and good god this truck has evolved !! absolutely bitchin man. similar style to where im going with my apache. sick build. keep it up :cool:

29. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looking good Jon!