Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ernest Borgnine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nomobux, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the post, nomobux.

Seems like those who really have a passion for traditional hot rodding also have a very healthy passion and respect for everything and everybody that has come before us...our history. There are images, sounds, people, etc. that will never be again. And when a piece of that history is taken from us...and Mr. E. B. was certainly part of that history...we feel the loss.

God bless Eernest Borgnine.

2. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Thanks for the post, this is the only way that some of us would find out about Mr. Borgnine's. You see 99% of us on here are like family, we tell each other important things and share our lifes with each other, and the hell with the other 1% that doesn't like anything....Ray...Rest in Peace Mr. B., you earned it....

3. Loved McHales Navy of course, but always looked forward to his later recurring role on Home Improvement when he was teamed up with Jack Elam. Shame those two didn't get to work together more often.

Rest in peace, Mr. Borgnine.

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May He Rest In Peace. He was a kool cab driver in Escape to new York and a great Actor.

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No more Mermaid Man.

6. robertsregal

robertsregal

R.I.P. Ernest, always enjoyed your work!!

7. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Chief Petty Officer, United States Navy. Not too many people know that about him.

8. rest in peace MR Borgnine i liked him in convoy, and airwolfe and just about everything else i saw him in awesome actor

9. WCD

WCD

One of the best fight scenes ever between his character and that of Spencer Tracy. Equally as good as that found in the original Manchurian Candidate. Far more plausible and realistic than the fantasy fight choregraphy that goes on in todays releases.

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

Want me to bring this thread on topic?...Ernest's license plate number was Borg 9...there, now this thread relates to cars...fucking crybabies...R.I.P. Mr. Borgnine...

11. slammed

slammed

[​IMG] "nobody messes with the Duke, everyone knows that"

12. dadsdreamcar

dadsdreamcar

He was a great man and a great actor, he will be missed. I may be a Fng, but there is more to life than just traditional hotrods

13. AMen. Thanks for your post. RIP Ernie

14. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

15. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Worked once on Airwolf with him. What a nice man. R.I.P. Mr Borgnine:(

16. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

OH,I don't know--maybe he was a great actor from our childhood,when our parents or ever ourselves drove ON TOPIC cars to drive ins which stared Ernest Borgnine & many others,

REST IN PEACE Ernest Borgnine

Attached Files:

17. teddyp

teddyp

another great gone he was a great actor if you get the chance to see marty and then see him in the evil roles he played you will see what i mean R.I.P ERNEST BORGNINE

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

McHale's Navy was funny, but it was the 10 years he spent in the real Navy that helped make Ernest Borgnine such a great guy, and a guy who never let Hollywood go to his head. He never forgot the military men he served with, or those who served later. Not many left like him.
    RIP. A true American legend.

19. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Here's something to lighten the mood.

And a bit of his On The Road series.

20. What an incredible man, who entertained so many of us all, during his very long and respected career. R.I.P.

21. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

First Andy and now Ernie, we will never see the likes of them again. Their generation was one of kind, the greatest.

22. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

Great Actor. R.I.P.

23. von zipper

von zipper

Maybe he's not connected to Hot Rodding, but what a great actor/person! I could only wish I can have a resume like his!

24. Muttley

Muttley

This sucks, I just watched The Wild Bunch on Friday.

25. nexxussian

nexxussian

Erinie's gone ?!?

Damnit!

26. Grumbler

Grumbler

I've never forgotten watching Flight of the Phoenix late at night around 1970 on a b&w tv when I was a teen. I sure as hell won't remember anything Tom Cruise ever did.
    RIP and thank you sir

27. Ooops, yeah I should have checked that before posting, still very funny stuff!

28. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

My personel favorite Borgnine movie. Dutch Engstrom character was made for him. He was one of those actors you would say "he was in that movie too?" R.I.P. Dutch

29. deeddude

deeddude

Also not known by many Mr. Borgnine was a Freemason and a 33rd° Scottish Rite Mason. The Supreme Council awards the 33° as a way of honoring outstanding and selfless work performed in the Rite or in public life.

30. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

By the power of Neptune, RIP mermaid man.