Register now to get rid of these ads!

have you seen the "NEW" hot rod magazine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57ford/60thunderbird, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yes i did a search

just got my new issue of the updated revamped hotrod magazine?

have you seen it?

what did you think?

i think its just the same shit just more of it

2. I heard it will take a little longer to read it,,I DROPPED IT YEARS AGO,,it just didn't appeal anymore. HRP

3. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

The one w/ the Camaro on the cover?
    Yawn.

[​IMG]

4. henry29

henry29

I haven't seen a new hot rod magazine in years, what's changed?

5. no the new issue has a RR and a lambo on the cover that they drove each around for like a day to see whichj one would get more attention

6. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like they are easing away fom the trad craze and back into muscle cars like they did back in the 70's.

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really? So they are trying to be Top Gear?

8. henry29

henry29

A LAMBORGHINI AND A RAT ROD!!!???
    Guess it'll be a few more years before I pick one up.

9. droped them also years ago
    when i think i want to see one
    i go to walmart its free there while i stand there still no intrest

10. squirrel

squirrel

There isn't much trad stuff in the new issue....there is a feature on the AMBR winner, and a pretty long story about Carroll Shelby

11. bigs merc

bigs merc

^bahahahaha :D

12. chopt49

chopt49

4 yrs or so ago I got 3 years and a hat for $10! and when that ran out I stopped getting the rag.... ten bucks and a hat, why not?

If they send me another deal like that I may bite, I need a new hat for around the farm....

13. aircap

aircap

Yup. For the price, I like it fine.
    The smaller fonts make it harder to read, though.

14. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

you can't expect them to only cater to one crowd all the time can you? you think billboard magazine only talks about one style of music? or fishing magazine only talks about fly fishing? i mean some magazine do specialize,(juggs) but thats not main stream!

15. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

havent gotten mine yet but i watched roadkill on youtube. . .not really standing by the mailbox if you catch my drift.

16. Surprised they are still in business.

Hi Janet. :D

17. thebugbox

thebugbox

They don't cater to our tastes, but for a few bucks a year, it is a nice filler in the mailbox vs. junk mail. That and I never know when I might get inspiration from something. So for that alone its worth the price of admission.

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Haven't even wiped my ass with a Hotrod Magazine in years. Let alone buy or read one!

19. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Rodder's Journal and Rod and Kulture get my money this year. Them, and Hop Up.

20. U-235

U-235

Not near as bad as the latest issue of "Street Machiner" with the 57 Chev on the cover and full coverage inside. Now I like 57 Chevys, as I used to have a very nice one, but I don't expect to see them covered in my "rod" magazine...why not "Hot Rod" or some Chevy magazine.......oh....and theres an add for the new "classic shoebox" bodies....grrrrr !

21. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

The only Hot Rod mag worth reading is HOT ROD DELUXE, The other one sucks.

Picking up a HOT ROD mag reminds me of the days when you had to buy a whole magazine and there might be ONE car in it worth reading about and the rest were all tweed lined Easter egg painted balls of billet shaved smooth enough to pass through your anus like the shit they were. Im glad the hot rod revolution took us back to traditional rods and kustoms, hopefully the world never looks back. I can't stand any build style that includes the word "pro".

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  22. TheFalkenKid

TheFalkenKid

HOT ROD DELUXE is one of the better mags out there.

Posted from Jalopyjournal.com App for Android

23. Yes, but the name of the rag is "HOT ROD"!:rolleyes:

24. I just got 13 boxes of Hotrod magazine from 1948 on up to the 1980s. Also speed age from the late 40s to early 50s, Motor trend, Hot Rodding, and Hop up, plus many other issues that are pretty much every month of the years listed. Some have really cool articles. I think the best thing is the well established companies today were just starting out back then.There was an article on Gene Winfield in a 1951 Hotrod book that had an old flathead on the salt flats. They called him Gene "Windy" Winfield!!! LOL!!!

25. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

the term "hot rod" mean alot of things to alot of people. i think it's this crowd that has a unusally narrow view on cars. thats not a bad thing, i think it's good in that it keep us focused, but unfortunately not open minded. technology, accessories, manufacturing technics are allways moving forward, but alot of people here like to wear blinders, unless their showing off their "TIG" welding expertise. when you're running a magazine, you cant keep regurgitating the same photos of the same cars, or show the same old dragsters getting rebuilt, etc. even though i love all that stuff to.so come on, become a "T" and"A" man! and if not, don't put down a man who is.

26. slammed

slammed

'Janet' back at that rag again? Scrambling by the look's of the last dozen issues. What is the hip new trend and who do we tie into ad=$? (1) Rod and Kulture (2) Rodders Journal (3) Big Un's an Al Bundy favorite!

27. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica

I use Fred Meyer as a screening room, if I see something I like I buy it. Problem for me is I'm into so much, from CKD to Grassroots Motorsports to Guns & Ammo...plus a billion more lol. I'm a magazine slut. But I have noticed the change across the board to a new "fresh" style...Hot Rod is still OK in my book.

28. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

The subscriptions are dirt cheap so I save them and give them to the vets down at the local VA hospital. They just love em.

29. If I had a dollar for every issue of HRM,,CC,,or PHR that had an article on "how to hot rod the small block chevy" or "building your first engine" I could buy a huge Casa in Cancun-----------

30. edweird

edweird

would it be dumb to ask why the HAMB doesnt have a magazine, i know it must involve alot of time and cash,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.