Register now to get rid of these ads!

I overheard a conversation about my Sedan last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 8, 2012.

1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DNice ride.My only comment about the idiot that made the rude remarks is this.
    Opinions are like a**holes.Everybody has one.UNFORTUNATELY,his is located about an inch below his nose.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

2. You handled it well. had similar situation where a comment was made about a 55' belair owned by a friend at a show that was unrestored but a driver so fast foward 3 years later after car had frame off done to it and it's for sale and i'm their when a guy shows up to look at it and it's the guy that commented "what a heap" about the 55' at the show. I tell my friend don't budge a inch on the price and the guy falls in love with it and has to have it so the deal i made and my friend tells te guys to come back next week and he will give him some old pic's he has so guy shows up and starts looking at the pic's and is shocked because it's the same car he commented about and then confessed he had told his buddy he would never give a dime for that 55'! well he was right their was no dimes involved just lots of FRANKLINS!:D:D

3. adam401

adam401

Hotrodprimer, sorry that guy was a jerk to you. These posts are weird to me because this stuff never happens to me. Ive had my car called a rat rod before but its because I think people don't know we consider it insulting. Ive never had someone get nasty about it, at least not within ear shot of me.

I don't care when folks make the mistake because when you think about it car guys are such a small % of the population, trad hot rod guys are a small % of that group. The general public can't be expected to give half a shit about how we catigorize cars can they. I view cruise night guys as kinda not really car guys too. I'll explain.

Cruise night guys are guys I picture owning the same boring uninspired car for a very long time so they can go to cruise night and participate but they are stagnant. No impact, no imagination, no life. Same car, same lawn chair. Who actually gives a fuck about 3/4 of the cars at general cruise nights. The norm is usually off make cars with bad undersized chrome rims with lame paint, 80's car ineriors and everything else that makes a proper abortion complete.

Your sedan is rad, that guy is stupid, cruise nights are lame. By the way the tell tale sign was when he liked the 4 door better than your car which is also lame.

4. Master of None

Master of None

Don't feel too bad, I came home with OUTSTANDING RAT ROD trophy with my truck on Saturday. It takes more time to explain our cars to people than its worth at times.

5. HA, HA, HA!!! Yep, he probably lives in a gated community and paid someone with talent to do his work!
    I drive my roadster and regularly someone will say RR. These are folks, I'm thinking, who just don't know the difference?? Once you explain it to them most seem to get it. But, you would think a car guy would know that difference...

Your sedan is right on the money!!! Beats any "Charger" past, present or future!!!

6. deucegasser

deucegasser

Dannys a rat pilot,Dannys a rat pilot!!!!!!!:D

7. Dontiac

Dontiac

Looks like a POS to me, where POS stands for "Purty Ol' Sedan".

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Most muscle car guys don't get it. I used to be one of those guys. I know that I must have put my foot in my mouth and pissed a few guys off as I learned the difference. At least I KNEW that I liked traditional, I just didn't know the difference at the time. Glad many of you are patient.:eek:

9. People often refer to my Model A as a RR. I stopped trying to explain. I tell them it is a High Class Rat (that is how I came up with my name).

10. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So I guess the question is "when are you going to paint it?" Remember Rat Rod is a semantic issue and the uninitiated see things through their own eyes. Stay among the initiated and you'll never have to explain yourself. Venture out and explain, as you did so well. Regards, Ron

11. Think,,The Fast and the Furious" :D

Shaggy,I built this car a long time ago and it was going to be a Resto Rod,,retaining all the original body parts but updated suspension for that time and yes 4 bar/coil overs and radial tires,,Blasphemy :D

I am fortunate to have it in my possession once again after the previous owner passed away and I couldn't be happier.

Less talk and get to work on that Deuce coupe! HRP

12. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Call it whatever you want... I would be more than proud to have it sitting in my garage.

13. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

The only thing wrong with it is..........it's not mine!!

14. More parts for us all with people like that, they cast off good parts and we pick them up.

15. John Stimac

John Stimac

The Charger guy obviously had the dough to buy the Charger, but probably doesent really know cars. Anyone can see that Your Deuce is the real deal, unless they dont know cars. I admire all cars, especially when the quality is up, but I usually walk right past blown Chargers and the like, and stop dead in my tracks when I come up to a Deuce like yours.
    You need not ever be insecure about the sedan, its Bitchen.
    Stimac

16. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

You know I'm no different than any other car guy, if it appeals it appeals. I just move on if its not my cup of tea. Everyone has their own taste. I dont start putting down others rides.

I would gladly take the tudor any day. I wish my fordoor was as nice.
    -Jim

17. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

My Farther-in-law used to say of things he saw that he liked, "I wished I had that and you had a nicer one". I think this thought fits nicely in this situation. Your Sedan is very cool.

18. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Guess it's just become such a common thing for anyone to identify a car that's anything shy of a full custom as a rat rod.

I even hear it on this one..............

Attached Files:

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love your car. Talkin' shit is the easiest thing, and a very popular pastime. Good that you kept the civil attitude, and schooled him a bit instead of getting hostile...lol.

Nice RR Sir Woosh...:D

20. You handled it better than I....maybe you taught me somethin? nahhhhhh.... Good Job none the less!

21. i like your sedan a RR it is not , but id like to see the blown charger if its a REAL b-body charger i like those also

22. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Just curious_____With your P/U in Hot Rod primer and your old 4dr shiny did you catch much grief about the truck being a rr 'cause it wasn't "as nice" as the sedan? BILL

23. That is ok
    i get it here with my truck
    started in 69 and made leagle to drive in 74
    it has radials on it and a flat bed ( the truck was orignaly a flat bed)
    so i do not get any more pm's i removed it from my page
    i am still driving it

24. Like your sedan,really like the look. I hate when situations like that come up,kinda ruins your whole night. Just thank goodness we all have different likes and dislikes. People should keep their opinions to themselves if they have any negative things to say,because our cars are a personel reflection of our abilities and desires. I bet that guy will remember that akward situation for some time to come. Hats off to ya for speaking your peace in a productive way !!!

25. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

I'm diggin your car. I would'nt even notice a Dodge Charger if it pulled up. But then...there's lots of cars like his on the road!

26. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

POS means Pretty Outa Sight.... man
    tell him you overheard something about his wife last weekend...

27. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

I would kill for a nice 32 like that, hats off for keeping it cool.

It works the other way too- I recently overheard a couple of "hardcore traditionalists" hammering on my dad's 32 Tudor parked next to their super overchanneled, crudely primered, rockabilly express Model A Tudor.

Godamn disc brakes and all:

dad front.JPG

28. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

I'm kinda wondering why that bozo's opinion even matters. I think he just has a major case of penis envy, and bought himself a big shiny dick to prove it.

29. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Ignore the Charger boys of the world ... they're a waste of your time and energy. If that '32 was mine, my neighbors would refer to me as "that weird guy with a shit-eating grin on his face who sits in his old car all day".