Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do we know this 32 Vicky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SCOTT GILLEN, Jul 1, 2012.

1. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

I was at the fathers day show and was with my daughter, we had the best time she's 7 and a hot rod lover at that....Well I was looking for a new toy and ran across this 32 Vicky. It had a stance to it that looked great, very simple but very bad at the same time. I tried talking to the guy that had it for sale but was over taken by some guy that was trying to cut the low ball deal on the spot. I didn't want to be rude so I backed off and waited, my Daughter was getting hungry so we walked away. One thing led to another and I never went back. So My question is, whats a 32 Vicky in great shape worth.....no rust no patch no crap, just a clean car that has some cool things going on. maybe a halibrand rear end, maybe a Hemi, maybe nice paint, maybe a slight chop.....do we know this car? post some pic's please and lets add to the thread all the Vicky's we think are still around and look great.....Their might be a price for best photo. Can you find this one.......

Scott Gillen

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Found this one.

3. 28rpu

28rpu

I saw one this year at LA Roadster Show from Florida with a hemi, 3 pedals, quick change, spindle mounts, black paint and bitchin stance. Very nice hot rod. I also saw a 125k tag on it.

4. You mean the one with the bitchen wheels?

I saw it at LARS... and man, it looked COOL!

The only thing I'd change on it is the filled top... the shape looked a little funky. Might have just gone with an insert...

Sam

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

6. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Is this a poem????

8. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Sorry my bad.....but that was the car up above.

9. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Well I found some more pics.....

10. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Still trying to load these pics

11. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Found this story about the car.....

One of the reasons Red Stauffer bought this Deuce Vicky almost 30years ago is that he needed a ride home. He had driven a '29 sedandelivery to the Nats West in Merced, California, sold it at theshow, and needed wheels to get himself, his wife at the time, andtheir two boys back to Florida. "I saw the Victoria with a small'For Sale' sign on it," he remembered. "I thought it was beautifuland bought it."
    At the time, the beautiful Vicky was wearing an ugly shade ofgreen, '57 Eldorado wheels, and a cheap Tijuana upholstery job-butthe body, with its chopped top, was perfect. Red added a bumperhitch to haul the luggage trailer and started for home with thefamily. The bone-stock flathead blew a piston within a few hundredmiles, but Red was able to drop in a new one at an L.A. gas stationand didn't have any more problems until a cylinder head cracked inthe middle of the desert. A good Samaritan in a '56 Nomad helpedout with a couple gallons of water and a bottle of Stop Leak, whichgot the car back on the road with no more problems until it ran outof gas a block from home.

12. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

And one more.....Cant believe this cars for sale.

Drivetrain
    We got a real surprise when we first peeked through the louvers and found a pristine 270-inch Dodge Red Ram. The owner-built Hemi looks especially clean and mean with the mid-'50s Offenhauser manifold painted black with the lettering in red to match the valve covers. The Offy intake is topped with a '54 Carter WCFb four-barrel carburetor and a Stellings air cleaner. A Vertex electronic ignition fires the engine, and exhaust exits through Hedman headers. The oil pan decal advertises the Schneider cam. The T5 five-speed is shifted with a B&M shifter.

Chassis
    The frame is built off the original '32 'rails, boxed, and with a front crossmember and tubular k-member added by Red. The front suspension includes hairpins, a monoleaf spring, and Pete & Jake's shock absorbers. A Vega box handles the steering, and Wilwood discs were mounted in front. Ford drum brakes are used in the rear, along with coil springs and Aldan shocks. The '60 Ted Halibrand quick-change was running a 3.33:1 gear ratio. At the Nats, Red met with the guys from Winters Performance, who swapped the standard straight-cut gears for a set of their helical-cut gears, which he says run quieter and bumped up his fuel economy a couple of mpg.

Wheels & Tires
    The spindle-mounted Halibrand kidney beans make a clear statement about the character of this hot rod. Red paired the 4-inch front rims with a set of rear 8-inchers, finished with a pair of homemade knock-off adapters wearing a little bit of red paint. He mounted P235/75R15 uniroyal tires in the rear and 165R15 radial skinnies in front.

Body & Paint
    Red didn't have to do much to improve the looks of the Victoria body. The top was chopped 2 inches and filled when the car was originally hot rodded in the late 1950s. Otherwise, a pair of '37 Ford taillights is about as radical as the exterior mods need to be. During the recent rebuild, any sheetmetal wrinkles were ironed out before butch Adams of Winter Park, Florida, shot the shiny black finish.

Interior
    The interior is probably close to something you might see on a show rod from 40 years ago. The unidentified buckets were discovered in a local salvage yard and upholstered in red leather by Tom Johnson of Longwood, Florida. The Auburn dash houses a range of Auto Meter gauges behind one of Vintique's 17-inch reproduction '40 Ford steering wheels. genuine old-time components include the '39 Ford pedals and the Allstate turn-signal switch, manufactured in the 1950s. There are a few contemporary accessories, too, notably the power windows, Vintage Air A/C, and a Pioneer sound system-all the right stuff for the next long trip.

Read more: http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com...s_1932_ford_victoria/index.html#ixzz1zg2bncSX

13. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

14. cool vicky, so have you bought it?.
    Al.

15. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Will today......I love Vicky's.

16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Really like Reds car. Probably would have kept my vicky if I had chopped it??? Good luck on your purchase.

17. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

I found this one online

18. scott so have you got it home?, cool vicky.
    Al.

19. FLATHEAD VICKY

FLATHEAD VICKY

Sweet find i would love to know how many other seel vickeys are left ive never seen another one in person. Here is a pic of mine. Dont ever let that car go. And drive the shit out of it

Attached Files:

20. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

No its still sitting in L.A wait to see the cost to make the small changes I want to do.....hope to get it home this week.......Very Happy to have seen this one at the show.....Red has turned out to be a real nice guy...old school and that makes it much better than most of witch you meet today.....the vicky above is nice......

21. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

I gonna put this is the Vicky......Gotta have it in there.....I am sure those will say no but even Red said yes......

22. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

1932 Ford Vicky AND a blown ARDUN? Congratulations, that is one fine automobile, have fun with it. Bob

24. Weren't the production numbers on a 32 vicky something like 800? I know an old timer who claims to have cut one to pieces with a torch back in the early 60's...I believe him.
    PS, Nice car(both of them)!

25. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

There the same car.....

Weren't the production numbers on a 32 vicky something like 800? I know an old timer who claims to have cut one to pieces with a torch back in the early 60's...I believe him.
    PS, Nice car(both of them)!

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

The '32 Vicky body I had was cut in two so the neighbors wouldn't see it.:eek: Bob

27. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

I thought maybe this thread might just become the road to nowhere.....You all placed the car so fast that that the thread just slowed down.

So I went to the Primer Nationals today to look for a car.......I found a few that would be just right to add to the collection. I tried very hard to buy this 1932 Roadster, all old and shit it was great.......Not for sale. I saw this other car 1933 3 window coupe Salt flats car that was just great also, looked at it for a long time and waited for someone to come back, to see if it was for sale.....Everything's for sale you know......But after I waited for the guy to come back I decided to take a few more looks and leave a note. One look later, I see the car is glass.....What a great job for a glass car but not for me....PASS.....Then I saw this other car 1932 3 window coupe chopped very nice. Car was very correct and all redone, had nice parts that had been gathered along the way.....All and ll a great day, if you don't talk about the parking lot crap and the charge of $45.00 bucks to park on the payment with that fence that all the vendors set up next to....But thats a different thread....So lets just make this one a thread about the one that got away......send all the pics that you gathered from whenever and tell me.... the "One That Got Away" So the pic's are all there that I post'ed and see for yourself, if there's one that got away......Oh by the way the last pic of the 32 that's next to my Vicky, is the 32... that I did not let get away....Yup, I bought the car and thats my buddy that drove it home.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  28. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Here's 1 vote for Brookville to produce these... Hot damn those are some fine examples of hot rodded vickys!

29. McFly

McFly

There's a nice build thread on here of the 3W you bought. It's a very nice car. Congrats!