Register now to get rid of these ads!

What gauges are you using on your Original A dashes.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpkiwi, Jul 7, 2012.

1. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Am now looking at using the original dash and instrument panel on the 29 sedan.What setups and gauges are you guys using.I am now looking for the oval speedometer to mate up with the 700r4 if that is possible.Do they make slim depth gauges for this type application.Pictures appreciated.Thanks Roger

2. Fenders

Fenders

Left, 56 Chev ignition switch -- top, oil pressure (mechanical) -- bottom, temp (mechanical) -- right, voltmeter (mil surplus).

Gas gage is mounted under the dash way over on the right side....

Not sure why you need slim depth, I cut out everything behind the instrument panel. Lotsa depth.

Oh this is 30 -31 but earlier is similar....

Attached Files:

3. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Fenders thanks for that,I am back looking at using the original fuel tank so depth of gauge is important as there is not a lot of room.Had some interesting wiring and lots of tape behind there to prevent shorting from the previous owner.

4. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

I like the aristocrat...an early aftermarket plate that would cover the stock set up and allow for two more gauges. They're being cheaply re-popped but if you did some engine turning it'd look pretty rad. JohnnyA

[​IMG]

Heres an original which are pretty damn rare

[​IMG]

And heres a repop...kinda chinzy but theres ways to dress it up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    tony starr likes this.

5. I'm still using the gas tank with stock fuel gauge and speedo, aftermarket amps, oil and water. I made the auxillary bracket, but they are available from Macs.

[​IMG]

6. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

I don't have a picture handy but i welded a 1/4" strip of metal to mine to get more depth.I used electric gauges to keep it simple.

7. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

8. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

That aristocrat looks pretty nice,especially the original.Doesn't look like it has any more depth though.

9. tucknroll

tucknroll
    from iowa

i am running stock gas tank and it is real tight behind stock gauge panel. i used stock gauge panel for my speedo and stock gas gauge and mounted a old hilderbrandt gauge panel into the stock dash for my oil-temp and tach. mounted the ignition in the front of seat riser out of sight along with headlight switch. easy to reach.

Attached Files:

10. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Thanks for the feedback,it all helps.Roger.