Register now to get rid of these ads!

Washer bottle thieves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cutlassboy68, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Fact: If you own something, no matter how insignificant, there's some asshole looking to steal it.

2. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Here's an example of something close to it.

My father is an old school rodder that is honest as the day is long. Back in the late 70's - early 80's he sold his 31 Chevy to a fella...a doctor I believe from Texas. Well my dad (an Illinois guy) didn't want this fella to have a problem on his long trip back and not have any tools in the event he had an issue. Well I watched my dad go thru his tools to build this guy up a tool box for the trip. He agreed to send them back to my dad when he got it back to it new home.....that never happen. I couldn't imagine looking at that tool box every day and knowing I ripped a guy off that was doing me a favor! Damn shame it's this way.

3. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";7938601]Caught the bastards trying to break into my buddys truck down the street and called the cops. Then I went out with a shot gun to confront them and they were gone. Took the cops 45 minutes to show up![/QUOTE]
    Next time, call the cops second. They will get there faster knowing you have the thieves at gunpoint. ;)

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

One guy on here has a strange story...his Dad had a VERY high-end restored Buick classic from the early 1930's....a real rare car that's worth several hundred grand....
    Anyways, about ten years ago, this HAMBer and his Dad had the car at a snooty concours with all the judges with the white gloves.....you know really wealthy cats....so, anyways, there's a couple of young ladies all dressed to "the nines" hanging around the front of the car......really looking weird....just sort of looking around and hovering around the front of the Buick.
    One of the ladies takes a cloth handkerchief out and starts to try to remove the radiator cap...a very rare radiator cap.
    So, this HAMBer, approaches them and says..."what are you doing?"
    The answer,...."Oh, were just polishing this radiator cap"....
    and they quickly disappeared into the crowd of other rich, swanky folks....

5. lol i agree catch them first them first with shotguns, Then call the cops!

6. kscarguy

kscarguy

On my COE, I planned on dual aluminm flip gas caps, but I am afraid someone will try to steal them. Any ideas how to thwart the theives?

Attached Files:

7. XXL__

XXL__

While theft is illegal, so is setting booby traps that could mame or kill said criminals.

In CA, the law looks like this--

Every other state has something similar.

8. Yes, but a minor cut on a finger it's going to be a wash in the court... what's he going to do, call the cops and say "I tried to steal this guy's stereo and he had it boobytrapped with razor blades" ?

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Years ago when my Sons were in their teens we were home one night and I heard this ruckess coming from the living room and my Son Don was yelling. When I came out he had some guy thrown on the living room floor and was chewing him out. Turns out my Son went to get into his car that night and found this guy laying on the seat taking his stereo out. He told him if he didn't drop the screwdriver he was going to make him eat it.

The kid said he was staying at a friends house and just thought it would be cool to take it. We called his Parents , who were both Preachers, and told them what happened and they agreed to pay us for the damage if we didn't call the cops, so we let him go.

A week or so later their check hadn't come so I called and got their answering machine, so I left a message that basically said "This is the man whose car your Son was stealing the stereo out of and you promised to pay for the damage, but we haven't seen it yet. Please call me." A few minutes later the Mom called me all panicky and said "When you left that message our answering machine was on loud speaker and it was broadcast throughout the church while we were having service." :eek:

They sent the check, but just knowing their congretation knew their Son was a theif was the best part ! :D:D

Don

10. tjmercury

tjmercury

Great idea! or get some of those exploding dye packs. If that stuff got on anyone elses car, you wouldn't be the only one beating the crap out of them!

11. Get some plug valve grease, real stickey stuff, and put it on the back side of the item. The person trying to get it off his hand or out of his pocket will be easy to spot.

12. Master of None

Master of None

Its the reason why I safety wired my tri- bar moon cap to my moon tank on the front of my truck. Make them work for it at least.

13. Product of my environment, I'm not a trusting person. I don't even leave my windows down at Tuxies, cos the interior will be flooded with flyers. People reach in stealing ashtrays, cigar lighters, horn buttons.. an so on. They stole a 59 El Camino from the Home Depot in Loma Linda, Ca. Gentleman came out, to find it gone from the parking lot. I never thought I'd own a car, I couldn't drive and leave anywhere. My daily 57 has the dash shaved, so they don't see the ign switch on the dash. What they don't see.. they dont take! Cos my stereo is completely hidden and never been stolen. Funny how that happens.. or don't happen, actually

14. railroad

railroad

See, it does not say anything about carrying extra battery acid in the washer bottle.

15. 117harv

117harv

My WOW was directed to the poster who came out of left field with the political post, HAMB rules...no political, religious or racial posts...

That being said, my 44 mag is ready to go:cool:

16. Anybody that has NEVER stolen anything, raise your hand.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We don't do politics here fellas...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.