Register now to get rid of these ads!

L A Area welding classes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skeezix, Jul 3, 2012.

1. worn shoes

worn shoes

Try Cerritos College. They offer a great welding program. Take the GTAW (TIG) class it was a blast and they use brand new Miller Dynasty 350 machines.

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

If your in Northern California, try looking at Community Colleges and Trade Schools. They are a lot cheaper than places like UTI. In the L.A. area, there's Trade Tech and El Camino. Both Junior Colleges and inexpensive, however, your first semester deals in Metallurgy. The weld comes later.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

I highly recommend "The Fab School", Troy Johnson is one of the best instructors and his school produces top notch fabricators and welders. Look him up at www.thefabschool.com

4. College of the Canyons in Valencia. One of the best

5. El Camino College (torrance), Cerritos College (cerritos), LA Trade Tech (downtown LA).

take you pick. all excellent facilities.

6. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Mount SAC in Pomona.

7. dirtcop

dirtcop

Almost all of the California community colleges offer traditional type "shop" classes for not much money. They are typically offered during the day and evenings. Sometimes there is a required progression because often the classes have a certification at the end of several classes.
    I took a couple of welding classes at a community college in Salt Lake City when I lived in Utah and it helped a lot.

8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With the budget mess in CA getting into a class might be a bitch. Also check out the ROP classes offered by the local School Distircts. The junior colleges in my area no longer offer summer classes at all due to lack of funds.

9. Oh man !
    I work in Valencia this is great thanks

10. OLLIN

OLLIN

Glendale college had a good one too.

11. 36rustrod

36rustrod

I actually attended the welding course atLA Trade Tech and it was great. I highly recommend. But i also recommend Cerritos and College of the canyons but i believe ithere is a waiting list for both. At trade tech they offer TIG MIG Fluxcore Gas As well as Blueprint reading and mathematics. Good luck

12. 36rustrod

36rustrod

Oh, forgot to mention thatit is a testing facility for LA City welding cert so it makes it very convenient.

13. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

Yes they do-