Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jalopy Journal #2 - Packaging

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Got mine the package was a mess the flap was barely there, the book has a small wrinkle on the binding but other than than that it is a great book, and I will live with the wrinkle - gives it patina I guess.

2. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

what i want to know is, why anyone from Austin or Texas for that matter, would order the book when they could have gotten theirs on the run? :D

ryan we all thank you for the fun we had, and the all the effort you three put into the book.

thanks.

-danny

3. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

All is well with the packaging, really neat book. It will go well next to my bound Hot Rod Spotlite books.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

it appears that my son is waiting for the book to be delivered so that he can be delivered. smart kid. He has some killer bed time stories coming soon.

5. razorback

razorback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Sweden

My book survived to Sweden, envelope ripped open but the book were in great shape. GOOD reading!!!

6. Philbilly

Philbilly

USPS says I should have mine Monday. Maybe it won't be damaged.

7. Mine was in perfect shape from what I could see when I opened the envelope. But my 10 year old daughter snatched it from my hands and started flipping through it. As I waited my turn, so eagerly, she said " Dad is this book supposed to be upside down?" I looked and the cover is on wrong. Ryan says he will make it right (Damn straight he will)but now Im thinking maybe mine will be worth more than the other copies, sometime in the next 300 years

Love the book either way, Thanks for putting it together Ryan

8. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

got mine today all the way to toledo ohio. the new envelopes hold up perfectly!

thank you very much for the extra effort!

george

9. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

You mean there are words in this book?? I wasn't looking for an education, is it too late to ask for my money back??

10. damnfingers

damnfingers

Mine arrived today...packing torn but not too bad. Great little book!

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

All of these positive reviews will fall into the shitter once the unsuspecting audience reads the words that spewed from my keyboard. It was these words, after all, that were actually the biggest risk taken in this publication.

It's not a hot rod book... and that creates a certain amount of awkwardness. And its this awkwardness that really draws me to the book. I fear, however, that it will also drive some up a wall - loony.

For good or ill, I love that. And I'm really proud of the book.

12. It is super cool Ryan. The problem with it is it leaves one wanting for more. It's painful to wait for the Rodder Journal for months it is going to be excruciating waiting for the next edition of this.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Having a pretty good idea of what is going into the next issue, I assure you - the wait is more excruciating for me. If I had all the time and money in the world, I'd do a book a week.

14. msalamanca

msalamanca

Well, I sad to say the least when the package arrived.
    Sliced down one side, with no contents in the envelope.

15. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

wait wait wait.... #3 is already in the works?

16. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

If I had all the time and money in the world, I'd do a book a week.[/QUOTE]

Whaaa????

You lied!
    :)

17. -Brent-

-Brent-

Man-oh-man... I've been following the tracking like an anxious child. It says it's been delivered but USPS has been to our office twice and there's no package for me.

According to our Office Services people, they say it's normal for that to happen. It's simple in my world, delivered means delivered. If someone is pranking me in the office, they're going to learn quickly that they chose the wrong item to mess with. :mad:

18. Mine arrived today in PEFRECT condition! WOW, What a great book. My ass fell asleep on the crapper reading it!! Can't wait for number 3. Todd

19. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

That's some funny shit right there!....I think between your post master, my post master and the damn UPS man ......you got yours strung up in the closet....I got my two hangin' in the back woods on a tree limb!

20. Another postal success to report and GREAT job to all involved in the JJ#2. And add me to the waiting list for #3 Cheers

21. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

But but but... where's miiiiiiiine???

:(

22. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Very cool to see the K & L streamliner on the contents page and page 14.
    Roy Leslie and Bill Kenz were in The Denver Timing Assn. when they were the first American hot rod to do 200 MPH, 250 MPH and I believe 270 MPH.
    Ron Leslie is still in the club ( and still owns the streamliner), as is Cal Kennedy. Cal drove the push truck for the streamliner. I'm going to ask him if he knows who the guy in the DTA jacket is on page 14.

23. -Brent-

-Brent-

After multiple calls to the post office and a bunch of he-said-she-said, the package confirmation reads delivered but there's no package. The postal worker can describe the package perfectly but somehow it's been lost 50 ft from my office.

The Office Services people have no clue about the package, they've "never seen it." I had them check everywhere - nothing.

Un-freaking-believable.

I had to edit what I wrote at least five times because I'm so aggrivated.

24. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

No problem , to Ontario, Canada

[​IMG]

25. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

My package arrived today in Petersburg IL with the book, toppers and decals all enclosed, Thanks

26. Got mine today. All I can say is WOW!!!!! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks to Ryan and the crew for putting it together for us to enjoy.
    Later,
    Dick

27. X a bunch, mine too arrived safe & sound, I'm looking forward to a couple of cold beers and some great reading, oh yeah!

28. Just got mine in perfect shape

Attached Files:

29. flathead okie

flathead okie

Got mine yesterday...no issues at all.

30. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Mine arrived safely today and I have already read it cover to cover. A great piece of work Ryan, John, and Jeff.

Congratulations!