Register now to get rid of these ads!

project double nickle tickle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doublenickletickle, Jul 3, 2012.

1. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

So as of recent had been doing the whole drifting thing(got to admit- sideways is funnnnn) but I yearned for the pleasure of building hotrods and old steel.. Posted my corolla on craigslist and what do you know the next day was driving out to pick this up

[​IMG]

Sat in a field for 5 or so years with no passenger window.. Needless to say wasent to pretty

Got a charged battery in her, some fresh gas and some water(I know I know- has proper coolant now) and off she went smoking a bit and loading up the plugs anytime I tried to stop which ment revving at lights to stay running hahaha what can I say I'm 22 and just don't give a crap

[​IMG]
    Looked pretty enough to drive home, got lots of looks and nods haha

Car is more of less original- has original column,glass,pedals,motor mounts,bellhousing,carpet and rear seats

But in place of the 6 and 3 on the tree its a decent little 350, a 5spd from a camaro or firechicken(in the original bellhousing no less) 4.11's in the back and a spool which reminds me of my corollas welded diff so its staying forever muhahahhha
    [​IMG]

And to top of the last of my first post- one of MANY to come as I build this into my daily/weekend warrior(hoping for low 12's once I'm done- n/a sbc of course)
    Some soap and water did wonders
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice start, welcome to the dark side!-MIKE:D:cool:

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

nice score. good to see more younger guys around here. im also 22

4. I dragged my 55 home when I was 15. It's addicting. Make it safe and have fun with it. There's a ton of parts available for them now.

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would love to have that 55 ! Nice score!!

6. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Cool, but will it drift? ;)

7. Diggin the engine color.

8. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

It will drift- proven already(spool makes quick ease of 15yr old 255's) thanks for the good words guys

Expect much work in this build, going through the brakes,steering and suspension this week

Not sure.. But probably chopping the front apart and tossing a straight axle under it- I know its a 4dr but so what

I just want to go to woodburn and od every test and tune all summer long

9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I dig it!...Keep tinkering with it. Also keep in mind it does not have to stay a 4dr forever, several guys have turned 4drs into 2drs. I think there are even a few post here on some of the conversions.

10. Butch M

Butch M

straight axle now your talkin that will real cool. any way cool 55

11. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

Since its the 4th- drank some beers and cleaned lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Cool...I'm diggin' the factory Z-28/Chevelle wheels too...

13. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

Cool wheels and paint! Spray it with clear coat and keep the finish. The stance looks good as is...

14. Master of None

Master of None

Is that crowd control I see under the driver's seat?

15. Hellbentrodder

Hellbentrodder
    from Cotati

I wouldn't come to Cali. With that next to the seat!

16. Model A Fan

Model A Fan

Probably a hold over from having to deal with the tuning crowd...

17. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

Its probably gonna get a primer coat soon, I'd clear it if the paint wasent house paint(literally worst idea ever- whoever did it should be slapped... It falls off if you sneeze at it) I'm not going for a show car, but its so straight and has almost 0 rust so I want it to not look like my usual shitty corollas hahaha still gonna be a drag car style so paint is whatever

And yea its crowd control- I may be 22 but my mom must have dropped me on my head so I think its 1956 or something... White guy with chucks, blue jeans a white tee and slicked hair hahahha you can guess I carry a butterfly knife and The usuals with me.... I'm laughing typing that.. A lot of import friends hate me for swapping so I guess it is a way of saying it stays for good hahaha

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  18. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

Hahahaha thanks!

So today doing some tuning on the #1411 750cfm eddy that's on the sbc in the car.. Everything works great on primaries and as soon as I come onto secondaries it lean pops out of the carb.. Checked timing, air leaks etc. Seems I'm just sucking in a shit ton of ait before it gets the chance to fuel it properly

Keep reading that this style eddy dislikes rumpity cams- and I'm nearing the 300-310* degree and some up in the high upper 400's of lift(calling guy I got car from to see if he has the exact specs still because without them I hate guessing and shit)

I just don't understand how its running lean, checked jets and all passages for debris- getting consistent flow of gas where I should be(and if I pump it with the motor off a few times, then start it- I can rev without it lean popping once or twice then its back to not enough gas it seems)

Ideas?

19. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

While yer "choppon", chop off those 2 extra doors!!!!! HAHAHA.......seriously though, nice score, and congrats on reaching automotive manhood! :)

20. Quickest 55 I ever rode in was a moredoor......

21. jack orchard

jack orchard

i hear they are called crew-cabs now..jack

22. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

Those are the plans, low 12 daily with no cares for comfort but a backseat in case my girl feels frisky

Just got to figure out the stupid motor situation(so used to hooking up to a wideband and tuning)

Lean backfires scare me lol

23. dude . id swap my 32 ford truck project for it right now.

24. n847

n847

I can dig it...4 doors means no regrets! Run the shit outa it!

25. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

Rawr... Still figuring out gremlins(got EVERYTHING else to work great though, its even fun on primaries lol.. Getting a holley this week and seeing if that helps.. Stupid eddy)

So that makes the only things missing- original column linkage, passenger window and driver turn signal..
    Almost 0 rust and more or less runs fine!! Now that its all sorted and I know I'm keeping it

Fun Time Begins

26. zep058

zep058

27. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

hahaahahahahaha I just heard from him what happened- but no I'm not him- he is like family though

(Also very new to forums of not corolla nature so he just posted- that baller caddy will soon be a 30's pickup on the ground though.. Static of course as he always does haha he just didnt read the rules I'm assuming)

28. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Nice score. Love me some tri-fives. Had mine since I was 15. Keep hammerin n drive the wheels off it!!!!!!

29. zep058

zep058

haha, I recognized the tail end of your car in his photos.

great car, keep us updated on your progress.

30. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

Out of boredom and lack of being able to get the motor running properly... I fixed my rear seat up
    [​IMG]

This way I can trick my girl back there easier, didn't work when the seat wasent covered(it had like 57yrs of filth on the oem seat, aint getting me no where lol)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012