Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Legion" is for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldandkrusty, Jun 26, 2012.

1. johnod

johnod

That's a really nice car, is that etched brass for dash panels?

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yep.

3. One Finger John

One Finger John

I had the privilege of watching the Legion come together, from start to finish. The fit and finish are superb.
    I must ask, how did you come to the asking price? To be honest, it seems low. Seriously.

Hope it stays in the USA, but whoever gets it will get a very unique automobile.

John

P.S. Did you do any long distance trips and how were they? How does it drive?

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

Actually I had no idea about the price. When we started adding up the actual hours and trying to put dollars to them it was INSANE! I came up with a number way lower that I'd be happy with.

5. One Finger John

One Finger John

So couldn't you reconsider the asking price and up it to, say, 30K? You can always come down.

6. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

Kirk, very impressed with your automotive talent, but now even more impressed with fatherhood talent!

Enjoy them while you can, they grow up QUICK!

Attached Files:

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

It hasn't met the reserve yet.

8. One Finger John

One Finger John

You have almost 6 days left, there's time.

Also your daughter is a sweetheart, you are a wonderful dad with your head in the right place and in that one photo of you and your daughter working on the front end of a ???, you look ALOT like a younger Jesse James. Was that planned?

Kidding, best of luck, John

9. Hellbentrodder

Hellbentrodder
    from Cotati

This is the exact reason I am building a Tudor! I want to cruise with my 8 year old daughter and 4 year old son.

10. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Wow, a beautiful car and a beautiful daughter. I had a two seater and four kids....sold it and bought a 39 Buick special..they all loved it. After they were grown I sold. The sedan and bought a 33 Nash 3W and had that for many years, working on a 30 ford modified now,you are right, your daughter will love a new car, one she can ride in. You know how a dog comes running when it hears its leash being jingled...time for a walk? My kids would bail out of the house whenever they heard a hot rod fire up...always ready for a ride with Dad!
    I'm sure you will sell the Nash as it is a work of art and there a lots of folks who would love to have it...good luck on your future project.

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. I hadn't seen Legion. Glad I did before you sold it. Very cool build, Kirk!

Sad to see it go. Sometimes somethin's gotta give...I've learned that in the recent past. But kinda fun to move on to something else, too. And so cool that you'll be able to have such a special passenger along. :)

[​IMG]

12. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Well done on SO many counts!

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Same reason I sold the Peter Beater. Hot Rods are replaceable. Future memories with your kids have yet to be made. Awesome car.

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Exactly!

15. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see a Powerpuff-themed roadster in your future. ;)

16. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I too was initially wondering wtf when I heard the legion was going away....

My thought was...."what MCD first....now this?"

Though your reasoning is spot on....I honestly wish I hadn't torn the 49 down for a frame off 2.5 years ago now....I've lost valuable cruise time with my son.....he used to ask, "daddy when you gonna get my truck done?" awhile back he quit asking scince it's been so long....which quite honestly depressed me.

I've been working night and day to get it done so we can start cruising together again....though at least he's asking about "his" truck again....

Good job dad.....

17. psyclesinc

psyclesinc

One of my all time favorite modifieds. I agree too, price is way to low. You deserve a hell of alot more. What is the overall width in the engine bay, cockpit?

18. 2002p51

2002p51

Ya know, when I was following along with the build thread on that car I knew you were a family man and I was wondering about how you were going to handle things with the wife and kids. I just couldn't picture you cruising around without them.

Great decision "dad".

19. Muttley

Muttley

Apparently you werent around when Kirk had "My Little Pony". :rolleyes: :D ;)

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Oh but I was.....My kids happen to have over 200 MLP's. HAHAHA

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think it's sold. looks like it's going to San Diego.

23. Now you can pay some resids to the Lonely Island guys!

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Almost brings a tear to my eye. I have a 3 1/2 yr old who "loves Model T's". The other day she says "babies dont like model T's" and I thought "Oh crap, shes already changed her mind". So I asked her if SHE still liked Model T's. She looks at me like I am an idiot and says "Daddy, I'M NOT a baby anymore!" Cracked me up. Beautiful car. Wheres that quad gauge from?

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

As far as I can tell it's a marine gauge from the the mid '50s by Stewart Warner.

26. And that bike is sweet ass BTW.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hell of a nice piece.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

wow, this is one of those cars where the longer you look the more you see. Whats the gas cap from? Did you cast it? Outstanding build.

29. KIRK!

KIRK!

The tank and the cap are both from The Hot Rod Company. I think they're even an Alliance Vendor.

30. Labold

Labold

Kirk! the car is great but your avatar photo is the best!