Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. fordflambe

fordflambe

One more thought.....Its much easier to add a little more metal if the cuts are off...........Cant do that very well with wood.

2. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

Here is a new build I put together in the last few months, car is all steel and wood! using nothing newer than 1952,

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      501.5 KB
      Views:
  3. TomH

TomH

How a few more pictures ?

4. NOVA66DRAWMAN

NOVA66DRAWMAN

I have a 1932 chevy 5 window that I would like to share with all the Chevy guys on this forum. Some may not like the chrome,alum. and stainless. Please look at the build it may help someone. The body was nailed with 2x4 and 2x6 when I picked it up 7 years later it all most done. I have 100's of pictures I will post if you would like to see the build from start to finish.
    Dean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
    mgtstumpy, fordflambe and jgrohio like this.
  5. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

I like your '32. Been working on mine on and off for four years now. Pretty much a basket case when I got it, so maybe in a couple of years I will get it on the road.

Which brings me to my reason for this post. Hopefully someone can help. I need some rear fenders for my project. Started life as a chevy '31 5 window. Can someone tell me what fenders will fit. Do I have to look for only '31 fenders or do I have some other options. I would think PU fenders would fit, how about 2 door sedan fenders?? Thanks, Joe.

7. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Nice coupe. I'm working on one of these and if it turns out anywhere this good, I'll be very pleased. You ought to do a build thread - hint, hint.

8. Rear fenders you can use 31 or 32, but 32 will have the little tear drop in the back. You can use 32 fronts but will have to use a 32 hood as there are a few little differences. Coupe, coach, or open car are all the same. 32 Trucks used 31 pass car fenders. 33 trucks used 32 pass car fenders. hope that helps the search a bit

9. NOVA66DRAWMAN

NOVA66DRAWMAN

Thanks Tom, Putting pictures in the album is that the best way to post them? If so I will try to do that this week end. What would be best first the build or completed car?
    Dean

10. You can post them in your album or start a build thread from the beginning of the build to the completed car. Your choice. I would start by posting an introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" area since your new. Then if you did a build thread more would see it than a post in your album.

11. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

mgtstumpy and volvobrynk like this.
  12. Any idea what it sold for? Just curious.

13. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

WOOD, I guess that is why there is no interest in this 32 Chev. 2-Door that I have for sale. If it was a FORD it WOOD be gone!!!! LOL :confused:

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  14. would have loved to get my hands on this one

15. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

Called the lady back at the auction place and she said the roadster did sell. Couldn't tell me for how much exactly, but that it had gone for over $5000. Joe.

16. easily worth it...day late and dollar short....story of my life

17. A few nice Chevys I saw at the Goodguy's Show in Springfield Ma. Spent the day there on Saturday with my daughter. Had a great day and met some nice people.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  18. Ghost28

Ghost28

Nice stuff being posted. Really good looking projects going on.
    I got stuck playing with a bunch of cute nurses for over a month in the hospital, seems they didn't like how my blood was working or not working. It will be a little while until I get the all clear to work on my 27 chevy but game on when the time is right.
    It's good to be back on the HAMB.
    If ya need anything just give me a shout

Your friend John

19. John,

Great to have you back!

Tom

20. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very true. I found that no matter low I turned down the welder, I still could not get a good bead. I just kept setting the stuff on fire.

I'm working on partially de-wooding a '30 Coupe for a customer. The driver compartment, sub-rails, roof and floor are all on the list.

21. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

22. now i really wanna see what it sells for....

23. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Starting the mock up stage (determining engine placement) on the '34 just before I pull body and start building the chassis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy likes this.
  24. Cool, another old Chevy going to be back on the road. Good luck with the build and keep us updated.

25. Ghost28

Ghost28

kreepea 1 That little chevy is gonna be bad ass, and has the right attitude allready. WAY TO GO EVEN IN THE MOCK UP. HEMIS RULE

Attached Files:

26. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Thanks, TFoch and will do!

Thanks, Ghost28! I got a bucket load of tips from your theads that are going to be a big help when I start working on the body. That Hemi looks good. What's it going in?

27. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

Update on my '31 coupe turned roadster. Still looking for a set of rear fenders. Thanks, Joe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy likes this.
  28. ken1939

ken1939

I have a 31 Landau Phaeton if someone is interested, I can send pictures and such. Just PM me.

29. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

30. hi guys Im in also got a 31 chevy 2dr.got out of south dakota. bare bones project. i tried to post pits but some reason wouldnt let me will trty again/. bruce