Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Video: Back to the 50's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiker, Jun 28, 2012.

1. spiker

spiker

Here's the Back to the 50's video link. We drove 3000 miles in 7 days, and it was well worth it. I would dare say this was one of the best show's I've been to. Just under 12,000 cars, no awards, great weather, and the fairgrounds are unbelievable. Every car imaginable was there, even a street rodded John Deer sh-t spreader. Great show, hope you enjoy the video. The video was so long I really didn't bother editing it.

http://youtu.be/tfpUsBnBCC0<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

2. spiker

spiker

3. buflochp

buflochp
    from Minnesota

Thanks for sharing. For shooting on the fly, you did an exceptional job. I enjoyed sharing your weekend.:)

Buflochp

4. Beau

Beau

Good work! I love it!

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Good video ! Thank you!

6. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Spiker, I,m so glad you visit was positive, we as a club strive to make every one as comfortable as possible, almost ,we did not plan the road construction we are thankful for all of our attendees. are concerns are good value , good fun, and comfort to each of you this is a monumental task all done by our wonderful membership a large part almost all of it is manned by volunteers you made a great video very well representative of what Back To The 50,s is about I,m glad you and you friends had a good time Gord Schwarz BOD Minnesota Street Rod Assn.

7. I made one also, I need to edit it and post it.

8. spiker

spiker

One thing that really stands out is how nice the people of Minnesota are, as well as everyone else at the show, (though you guys talk funny, Oh, I'm from Maine, they might think I talk funny, LOL ) The fairgrounds are the best I've seen, plenty of car vendors, and all the food vendors you want. Two of our wives spent the day at the Mall of America, you know how to make a woman happy. We were amazed at the amount of 56/57 Olds there were, and we've never seen so many 57 Fords in one place. Out here the're rarer than hens teeth. This was the biggest cross section of cars that we've seen. There was something for everyone, from rat rods to customs. I would recommend that anyone who likes cars, put's Back to the 50's on their bucket list. Like I said before, we drove our street rods 3000 miles, and it was worth every mile. I know it looks like I'm sucking up to you guys, but the truth is the truth, I've been to a lot of shows, and this is the best show I've been to.

9. spiker

spiker

10. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

11. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I gotta get to this show! 12,000 cars... Nice...

12. 30TudorSedan

30TudorSedan

Great video! Thanks for sharing! Glad you enjoyed the show!

13. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks for sharing the shoot!

Some look like the movie "Blair Witch Project", but yours was easy and fun to watch...............

14. titus

titus

GLad you guys made it out and had a great time, im spoiled in the fact that im from here and have been to everyone since ive been born.

15. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Inlaw, I seen ya but did not get a chance to talk to ya we spoke last year at 50,s I was thinkin about checkin out melt down how is it for old broke down retired racers,that spectate the way you have you truck set up is too cool I cannot wait to see yer vidio

16. zoomma

zoomma

That was a lot of fun to watch.
    Great video. Thanks!

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great job SPIKER!!!---A tremendous job of "AMERICANA", showing a cross section of so many different ideas & splitting up the scenes from cars to people & inside shots too!!
    You really have a talent for steady, panning, intresting videos!
    I watched your video from start to finish non stop, & still amazed how well all the footage seemed to flow together.
    Again---Great job!!--& thanks for sharing!!!---Don

18. Thanks for all the effort.....really enjoyed the vid....

19. Lil32

Lil32

20. TerryT35

TerryT35
    from Minnesota

Spiker, You did a great job!!! Thanks

21. Great video! Thanks

22. spiker

spiker

Thank you all for the great comments. I enjoy making them. I've got quite a few videos on Youtube. If you do a search on Youtube for 37spiker, you'll see them all. I did quite a few when my wife and I where in Florida for the winter. Again, thanks for the nice comments.

23. you managed to get a shot of my car at 26 minutes , 40 seconds

24. All American 6

All American 6
    from Sumter, SC

I came across this on Youtube. I knew it would be posted here on the HAMB. Good 1.5 hour video. Spiker has several good car videos posted on YT.

ttt,
    AA6