Register now to get rid of these ads!

IS anyone getting anything done in this heat?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDAH, Jul 4, 2012.

1. skyrodder

skyrodder

I can only work in the garage on a cloudy day, after about 11 am the sun is directly in my garage. should of bought a lot across the street instead :/

2. Deuces

Deuces

Pics of the dead rattle snake or it didn't happen.... ;) J/K :D

3. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

HRP is in Upstate SC
    It is HOTTER than that here in the Capitol City :)
    The tourist board even promotes the city's reputation for heat by saying

" Columbia SC ... Famously HOT "

The heat has been whipping my hiney. Heat index has been 115 degrees.
    At night it is still over 80 degrees at midnight.
    At age 64 with a past history of heart attacks ...

I am going to have to break down and buy A/C for the shop.

[​IMG]

Mitsubishi MUY GE 15 NA
    About $1500 ..
    a friend has one and his works GREAT :D

4. indianhead74

indianhead74

Wow, workin in my machine shed, re-building a poncho motor. Just drippin wet. I have a big fan that moves a lot of air but ,it is just crazy warm here. If we don't get some rain the corn -bean crop is gonna be hurt'in. You guys better stock up on veggies now.Indy

5. lawman

lawman

105 in my new barn today no work and just a few "Cold one's".

6. Dizzie

Dizzie

I installed central air in the shop late last summer. We upgraded the unit in the house, and I kept the old one. Really enjoying it this year with the extreme heat. Cleaned and painted some small parts today for the '34 pickup.

7. 103 IN the shed with a fan moving hot air around. sweat just thinking about going out there . Got a buddy raggin me to get my junk sliding again. think he is gunna have to wait some more .

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Yes, I'm getting lots done. I'm learning to wake-surf behind the Chris Craft on my new board, and I'm on my 2nd Vodka, lemon and tonic. It's 99 in the shade here at the lake, but I'm Cool McCool...

Brian

9. Definatly not here, its -6 degrees c at the moment, id gladly do you a trade for some of your warmth

10. Yeah, I hear ya. I live on the peninsula and it's very pleasant here today. I'm not planning on moving any time soon either.
    I've been working on the passenger side floor pan of the Plymouth.
    The grommet between the heat control valve ( 1st picture) and the hose connector in the firewall failed and filled up the floor pan with coolant. I bypassed the valve until I find a replacement. Definitely going to get rid of the foam carpet padding and replace it with some jute padding. Carpet cleaned up OK.
    I accidently erased the pictures of "Coolant Lake" and the stripping process but here's how it looks now. That damn factory sound deadner is almost impossible to remove. After removing the rust with vinegar solution and mechanically stripped the metal I brushed on 2 coats of Rustoleum "rusty metal primer" and used a rattle can of Rustoleum almond which is kind of close to the body color. It's going to be covered up anyway so a perfect match wasn't necessary in my opinion.

Attached Files:

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

our big parade just concluded, now it's BBQ time...
    Sloppyseconds and his girlfriend stopped for a visit..
    very nice day...

Pasadena, California

at 13:46:00 Pacific Time on 4 July <table align="center" cellpadding="1"> <tbody><tr> <td width="175"> Temperature </td> <td width="175"> +76.3 °F </td> <td width="175"> Humidity </td> <td width="175"> 36 % </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="175"> Wind Speed (Gust) </td> <td width="175"> 8.7 MPH </td> <td width="175"> Wind Direction (Gust) </td> <td width="175"> 172° (S) </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="175"> Wind Speed (1 Min Avg) </td> <td width="175"> 5.6 MPH </td> <td width="175"> Wind Direction (1 Min Avg) </td> <td width="175"> 222° (SW) </td></tr></tbody></table>

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have been working outside behind the garage in the shade where its cooler then in the garage.

13. Just called it quits at the shop and came home to suck up some air. Was wet from head to toe. Been changing out some wheels and tires on the 64 409 car. It \'s 101 here right now.

14. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

swapped torque converters in the driveway today. at least one half of the car was in the shade. lol lots of tools dropped from sweaty hands. but i got 'er dun.

15. 067chevy

067chevy

nope Its 100 and feel like 205

16. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Yep been getting a lot done....drinking a lot that is!

17. Here does this make anybody feel better.........

[​IMG]

18. robertsregal

robertsregal

Has been slow going on the car since wife fell & broke knee cap in three places, glad we had early spring and I was able to get car painted Memorial day weekend.Should be able to sand & Buff and get bumpers assembled & installed, trim polished and hopefully installed if I can locate some of the old T moulding clips to work with the side stainless mldg's

19. I'm gonna go in to work at 1 a.m. 7 is regular,work my 8 and skate! Coolest part of the day...I tink I better get used to it looks like it's gonna be warm for a spell....

20. cool

21. fbama73

fbama73

Damn skippy I am! Got the big ol' honkin fan going, and made new cowl braces, and got the driver's side installed. Taking frequent AC and water breaks

22. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Got s bunch of camping and swimming done.

23. 2935ford

2935ford

85+ degrees may not be that hot to some but up this way it's warm.
    I'm trying to sandblast my '32 frame with hood and coveralls!
    Can't see out the little window of the hood wth all the sweat and humidity inside the hood.
    Cooler weather is expected Friday and hope to get 'er done!

24. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

99 got my insides done!!!

[​IMG]

25. I changed oil on my lady's daily at 6am. did that and said fudge it I'm done for the day. To hot. realy got to get back out there. heat or not.

26. 108 today....installed the new timing chain and gears on the hemi......been in the garage ever nite with the heat,,,,,very small jobs gettin done....no welding though.....

27. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I hate the friggin' heat..............
    But I'll be back in the game in no time!

Attached Files:

28. No thanks, I will take this heat. That photo looks horrible to me....

29. Wuss!

Man up! :D

30. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 20 Miles north of Brainerd Minnesota, and it was 96 here today! I bought a 30X40 unit in a storage complex up here. The 30X40's are all insulated and they expect you to buy an $800 heater for $2500. I know I'm a "candy ass", but since I spend my winters in Florida, I opted out on the heater. I was at my shop tday, and it was 70 degees inside. I gotta recommend insulated walls. I spend most of my time in the shop. Somebody's got to do it!:D