Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for engine mounts conversion 54 belair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54onzs, Jul 4, 2012.

1. 54onzs

54onzs
    from yuba city

Does anyone make bolt in mounts for newer 6 cyl engines to a stock 54 belair frame? Thanks in advance

2. I got mine from Waltons. I do have to say I had to put them on the mill and extend the motor mount slots a TON to make them fit. It was like the frame mounts were too far toward the motor, so had to mill the bolt hole toward the frame rail. I think I milled almost an inch on each side, was nowhere close. As well as the right side 3 bolt pattern was too close tolerance so had to drill that out a bit as well. Like everything in our business, nothing is usually bolt in, even if its "bolt in"...These mounts saddle your frame and you weld them on and use a ford biscuit type mount(flathead style). There isn't much room in the engine compartment lengthwise, but you can do it without hammering the firewall or moving the radiator. You do have to remove the radiator to change your water pump though as you have a half inch or so of fan clearance when installed. After the modifications to fit , it is a decent, sturdy mount though.

http://www.waltonfabrication.com/49chpacar250.html

3. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

4. 54onzs

54onzs
    from yuba city

Thank you fellas

5. Langdons stovebolt I used them in my belair for a 292 chevy