Register now to get rid of these ads!

What car stuff do you hide from your wife?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kscarguy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. dw123

dw123

I'm into cars, she's into horses, I think I've got the better deal....still think I should have bought those cars in Texas and not told her until they'd landed..

2. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

That just reminded me of this joke:

Jack was going to be married to Jill, so his father sat him down for a little fireside chat.
    "Jack, let me tell you something. On my wedding night in our honeymoon suite, I took off my pants and handed them to your mother, and said, "Here, try these on."
    So, she did and said: "These are too big, I can't wear them.'"
    So I replied: "Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and always will." Ever since that night we have never had any problems."
    Jack thought that might be a good thing to try. So on his honeymoon he took off his pants and said to Jill: "Here try these on."
    She did and said: "These are too large, they don't fit me."
    So Jack said: "Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will, and I don't want you to ever forget that."
    Then Jill removed her pants, handed them to Jack and said: "Here, you try on mine."
    He tried and said: "I can't get into your pants."
    So she said: "Exactly. And if you don't change your attitude, you never will."

3. Larjk9

Larjk9

Nuthin. I keep her and the kid fed, warm, safe, happy and loved. I work my self half to death doing so. She doesn't care what I do car wise as long as the above goals are met.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  4. I don't "hide" anything. I forget to tell her quite a bit.

5. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Here is a Better Question for those of you who HIDE stuff from your Wife ....

WHAT is she Hiding from you ????

She may not know about your Private Stash Located at another Location, But YOU may not know about HER Private Stash at another Location.

Be Carefull what you brag about on the InterWeb ...... These Women arent completely Oblivious

6. ussrjeppi

ussrjeppi
    from Iceland

nothing she ewen alowes me to
    store car parts inside the house , i fell in love with her even more when she told me she had been driving this old lada since she got a license . we split the bils acording to the precentage of our income then we have left the money to play with . she is just lovely likes cars ,and when ever my anciety and depression gets realy bad she orders me to work on my car becaus that is the best medicine i can get . tell the truth to her if you can not tell the truth find your self another partner .

7. I only hide th 18 year old in the back seat. :rolleyes:

I don't hide anything. My wife has always been on board with the cars and bikes.

8. adam401

adam401

My wife doesn't care. She 'll listen and be polite if I tell her what I bought or sold because she knows it makes me happy but she never has an opinion either way. Honesty is the best policy. Just better hope she's not hiding the pool boy under the bed while your checking your secret stash of rusty crap:eek:

9. I have no problem either but did when first married. I figured it out somehow. If you dont rain on their parade, they wont rain on yours or if they do you have a least a leg to stand on. If your a tight son of a perch and always say "You Dont need that!" to your bride you deserve every bit of crap you get.
    Don

10. elvis2

elvis2
    from midwest

you got that right !! Lots a guys,never see the forest for the trees.when thet pik out a female!

I have 8 kars all done but the 55 chevy,including out family kars. Mines just a good woman about stuff like that.Or she don't give a shit!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  11. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

It took about 3 years after we were married for her to know the actual number of cars I own. She would occasionally find a car title here and there in my paper work. One day she asked:

Her:"How many cars do you own?"
    Me:"Running or non running?"
    Her:"In Total"
    Me:"9"
    Her:"Why didn't you tell me you owned 9 cars?"
    Me:"You never asked."

Now she asks me about once a month "How many cars do you own?"

She's cool about it. Doesn't hassle me about my car stuff. As long as the bills are paid, and we put some away every month, she's a happy camper.

12. There's absolutely no reason to hide anything from my wife...When it comes time to pay the bill that I racked up, she is nice enough to pay it in full for me...She's a car nut herself and we spend lots of time cruising in our rides...She definately "gets it"...I am truly blessed....I wouldn't ever want to add up all my receipts !!!

13. Jamoke

Jamoke

My Wife is the best !! after 309 cars I have owned she still buys me parts no problem here . I did have a first wife that was not in to my cars I divorced her ASS !! Second time around is a charm I will be married for 20 years in a month . Nothing any better. I really feel sorry for guys that have their balls carried around in their wife's purse

I have a friend where his wife has the say so on what they drive WOW !!!

14. swsimon

swsimon

Why would you need to lie to your wife. If that is what the relationship is based on i think its time to find a more understanding wife. How would you feel if she lied and hid stuff from you. Scott

15. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

I honestly don't see the point in it. She's either your partner or she's not.

Hopefully when you marry it isn't all because of her eye candy. Marry someone that "gets you" and you "get her" and you'll be much happier.

16. Ha Ha!

Okay, you're redeemed! :D

17. Gromit

Gromit

Not hide so much as.. don't disclose... She knows I have stuff. SHe doesn't mind so long as I bring bacon.

18. Moloko

Moloko

I'll have a truck cab and frame that will be arriving shortly that I'll attempt to hide... we'll see how long that lasts.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nothing is hidden, everything automotive is in plain sight, after a while she doesn't notice it. I'd just love to find the MOON tank for the Lyndwood that is in there somewere. Bob :)

20. Why hide stuff form your wife? That indicates several problems. You don't trust each other, for one. Let's say you die. That car or stash of cash you have hidden from her is something she is unaware of. Don't you think that cash, or the ability to sell that car to raise cash would be helpful to her in HER time of need (you're dead, remember?) And that "secret" you kept from her does no one a lick of good.

My wife digs the cars, so why would I hide anything from her? Two of them are hers, anyway!

Seems you need to sort your priorities out, doncha' think?

21. choptop40

choptop40

hey hey the hell with most of em..paycheck on the table every week. my car shit was side jobs , buying and sellin stuff..etc,,they like em finished ,,most dont give a rats ass whats involved to build one, my ex realizes now after 5 years and wants me back...no way jose..see ya.

22. I Drag

I Drag

I do have one truck stashed at a friends place for the last year and a half. She doesnt need to be burdened with knowing about it. But Im embarrassed at how many cars I have around here unfinished. After I sell a couple off Ill bring the truck home.

23. 48ford

48ford

We have been togetherfor 25 years now,She squaled at first but I reminded her it was a package deal.I had old cars when they were not cool!
    She was squlking and I looked her in the eye and told her that her first husband colected girl friends! and when i'm finished with my 'bitch" I can get some of my money back. You always know where i'm at.
    That was 24 years ago,shes still with me and even likes them now.
    I know ,I'm not a nice guy

24. My "X" was asked what I did for a living when the guests were staring at my collection of cars, boats, motorcycles, and aircraft and she told them I was in Transportation! (Not Real Estate!) Hahaha...

She never had to worry where I was at during the 11 years I was with her... all she had to do was look out into the garage to find me.

25. I skipped my first marriage.. cheaper that way!

26. RayMiller

RayMiller

Exactly, I used to stash stuff I bought and not tell her about it and one day we had a serious discussion about money and why we weren't on the same page and it almost lost my marriage over it so now I don't hide anything. She is my partner and best friend and I make sure she approves of all of it.

27. raidmagic

raidmagic

28. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

I hide the fact that the HAMB used to be about Traditional Rods and not Oprah or Dr Phil.

29. thehazguy

thehazguy

Don't hide it She knows I'm a motorhead and after all these years has accepted it. Shes happy, I'm happy she has her QVC and I have my stuff. She thinks I have cars stashed but pretty much as a joke. She does not understand this stuff until someone tells her those things are worth something. Then the gears start turning in her head. The bills are paid and we get along.

30. outlaw256

outlaw256

FUNNY, BUT TRUE i was thinking almost the same thing but i wrote a answer anyway instead of what i was really thinking.