Register now to get rid of these ads!

What car stuff do you hide from your wife?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kscarguy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

The only thing I hide from my wife is the keys...

2. In the studio... some things are just best left... in the studio.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Bugshift

Bugshift
    from Ogden Utah

I buy tools to build my cars or to trade for parts. She just thinks I need them for my job.

4. moonman29

moonman29

I dont hide anything from her. As long as she has what she wants and we both compromise on what we want and when we get it, I have no problem with getting what I want. However I may get some stuff first then tell her about it, better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

5. moonman29

moonman29

Woohoo!!....... that last post bumped me up from a Newbie to a Grenade Inspector!!! sorry guys.

6. Blake84

Blake84

I don't hide anything but I may say something was half the price!! Otherwise I'll hear," you spent $2000 on your truck so..........."

7. Billy

Billy

Right now, I am hiding a 1960 Falcon that I bought her for her birthday... She gets it tomorrow, and I can't wait to see her face!

8. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

I hide nothing. If she wants toys she can buy her own. In the last 8 years since my shop was built she has been in it less than 5 times............I tell her the stripper pole is for festivus

9. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

I only hide what I'm planning. For example, when I bought my 55', I had been planning to get it for months, but I never said a word to her. When it came home on the trailer it was too late.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

10. HIDE?????? in a house thats 25 x 35 with a 2 car carport aint no plase to hide shinola .............. lol

11. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

No wife...that way I can do whatever I want. Which is just the way I like it!

12. Let's see... been married 39 years. I gave up hiding stuff 38 years ago.

Now if any kind of project car shows up at my house, even somebody stopping by showing me their new project, Mrs. Lowkat comes out and says "Is that yours?"

13. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

gasket scrapings. i hide those. but not just from her, from everybody.

14. Blowers and anything Magnesium. And a front engine dragster but she walks by all of it every day and hasn't said a word. I love her.

15. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Former wife, former problems, God is Good!

16. I hid my wife from the car stuff... oh shit that reminds me, i need to go to the storage unit and feed her.

17. RJC

RJC
    from hope bc

All of this is hallaries, i keep mine in a bubble, as i have 23 cars and trucks . sprede all over in storidge

18. fbama73

fbama73

I wouldn't say that I "hide" the Chevy fund from her. She knows I have it, and I'm pretty sure she knows where I keep it. I don't volunteer how much is actually there, nor have I ever volunteered the combination to the safe it is in. I've never refused to tell, I just haven't felt the need to broadcast it.

19. Lil32

Lil32

I hide nothing from her,when we married I told her I was semi retired,only going to work maybe 25 hrs a week, we decided to build Lil32 ,she agreed, hon we need $5000 or hon we need $10000,OK of to the bank she would go. She loves riding in the coupe.Comes to LARS every year and like wandering around with me .Yes I do Shop Malls with her but I guess thats fair after she has walked for six hours around Pomona Swap Meet

20. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

[​IMG]

Er,...my gold chains.

21. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

How much I spend on parts. She's on a need to know basis. [​IMG]

22. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Nothing, I stay single. Been engaged twice and saw where it was heading both times, before actually getting married, the last fiancee started telling me I was going to have to sell my old cars, and I should take the money and buy one good new car with a warranty, cause I spent way too much time working on the old ones and she wasn't riding in a old junky car anyway. Three days later I had a U-haul truck with all her stuff packed in it and she was heading down the highway. Still have most of my old cars. Best decision I ever made!:)

23. lucky ink

lucky ink

I have a buddy that rents a garage his wife don't like things around the house lol...He has cars trucks parts she has no idea what all he has...Good for him i say...

24. chopped

chopped

Me, nothing. My wife used to hide money. I found out about it when she dug into her stash to buy me a boat. I could never work up any anger over it.

25. This flies in my house. Any money I made on the side is mine, but most winds up getting spent on things on the house or going out.

The best story of all... one of my wife's friends throws out this old plant in the den. About a week later, the husband asks what happened to the plant? Turns out he admited to having $8k hidden in it somewhere.

Bob

26. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

The only time I tried to hide something was when I was recently married. I bought back my old motorcycle from a friend and didn't mention it to her because I thought she'd freak out. I went to "visit" him and returned late that night with the bike in the bed of my pickup. I parked next to my wife's car.

I figured she'd see it and we'd discuss it after she came home from work. That day I took the bike and put it away in my "spare" garage. That evening she never mentioned it. Turns out she walked right past it and never noticed it.

About a month later (after fixing and tuning) I drove it into the driveway and she said "whose bike is that?"

I told her the story and she laughed. I learned something.

27. B Blue

B Blue

Nothing. There is no "My money" and "Her money". Yes, she has a stash of money (I don't) but the only time she has spent it on herself was for vein surgery. I'm okay with that. She has never nixed spending for any of my "stuff".

She knows that working on shit is a huge part of me and that it takes money. In addition, she loves the car. Maybe more than I do.

Bill

28. outlaw256

outlaw256

i dont like her to hide shit from me or tell me lies so i dont do it to her.we been togetger for 34 yrs and she has never told me i couldnt do something. if i want something and i can pay for it i get it. if i want to go somewhere for a few days or weeks i go. just tell her what im doing. no problems that way.i love her enough to be truthful with her. its called respect.

29. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

That's the thing that drives me nuts! I tell her she can have whatever she wants, I will even work more for it.. I just want the same in return.. I am waiting to take my RN boards, and after I do some of my side jobs WILL be for my old car habit... The funny thing is, someday I am going to die. She and the kids will have my life insurance, AND some cool old stuff to sell although I hope they keep the old car/cars to remember their old man. i have had no car money for three years and still managed to squeeze a few bucks here and there. It was definitely worth it to not have any student loans.. Like I said, old car budget and there will be no reason to lie to her anymore... We will both be happier.

30. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Nothing. I married the right one!
    J