Register now to get rid of these ads!

posting to classified threads

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by gasser john, Jul 3, 2012.

1. gasser john

gasser john

i understand we need to send a pm to members selling in the classifieds, we used to be able to post a simple"pm sent"on the add page . has this changed or am i doing something wrong. i can post to forum threads just fine. just trying to understand if something is locked out in my account, thanks. p.s. i have been sending p.m. to sellers without trouble.

2. fordpatina

fordpatina

you are ok new rules

3. squirrel

squirrel

Can you not reply to classified ads? That is by design. We want to keep the classifieds fair by giving each ad it's due at the top of the forum. If you have a question about an ad or want to make a purchase, simply private message the user who placed the ad. You can do that by:

Step 1: Click on the username of the person who created the ad.

Step 2: Click on "Send Private Message"

Thanks a ton,

Ryan

4. barslazyr

barslazyr

New rule inforcement, no posting on classifieds.
    Damn type to slow.

5. Beau

Beau

If you want to make sure the seller gets you message you can also request a "confirmation".

I have noticed that when I use the "quick reply" the messages don't seem to get to some of the recipients. You're better off doing the "reply" instead.

6. fordpatina

fordpatina

now is about sendind PM not posting in the ads

7. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

What was the point of saying PM sent ? …. Is that easier to see than the blinking red flag in my face no matter what page im on :rolleyes:

8. F&J

F&J

I never understood the need to post "pm sent" ?

As anyone logs on to hamb, they will get an instant PM message alert. How can it get any quicker to the seller than that?

I used to say in my ads, that "PM only because I will see it right away" and also, that "I never look at my ads" Why would I look, I said "do not reply"?

But they replied there anyways:confused::rolleyes:

I am glad it was just changed. JMO as a seller or buyer. Both of which Idon't do much.

9. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

check it out----->http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7782368&postcount=1

10. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I think it's a territorial response, publicly declaring first dibs.

11. 117harv

117harv

It's better now, but the PM sent shows the other parties that are interested what time you sent him the PM. This way there wasn't any..i PMed him first bs going on.

As it is now, if a seller recieves several..i will take it PMs, it's up to the seller to be honest and sell to the first one recieved.

Now if we can just get members to BTT just a couple of their adds per day, instead of BTTing a dozen or more at he same time. Two of the multiple listing sellers doing this at the same time wipes out the first page.

I hardly ever have more than a couple of adds at one time but from now on i will put multiple items per add....some do this already..thanks.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  12. F&J

F&J

He may declare that he has first dibs, but he has no idea if 10 people already sent a pm.

I always sold to the first pm, no exceptions. I never played better offers or any of that stuff.

13. gasser john

gasser john

most of you hit on my sentiments to the issue, i now understand that responding to adds is not possible, thanks for the input. thought i was doing something wrong, as always i will gladly abide as i appreciate this site and the need for certain regulations. thanks to all, john