Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tommy Ivo T-bucket on the Mickey Mouse Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Six-Shooter, Jun 28, 2012.

1. robber

robber

Tommy and Norm inspired me very early on. I had the pleasure and good fortune of meeting Tommy back in the 60's @ Lions. Since we are reminicing about TV and Tommy's car back in the day, what about 77 Sunset Strip (the "Kookie" car). Anybody remember that... no wonder I love these T-buckets!;)

2. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

x 3....cool old clips

3. snaptwo

snaptwo

Tommy Ivo is a credit to drag racing and just one hell of a nice guy. Several years back they had the back room filled with Tom's stuff, even had a video set up with some of the acting from his child hood days, My friend Richard Heath was working the museum that week and remarked to me that Tom felt so honored ,that he was there every day bright and early just talking to the patrons , no pretense, no phony, just how it was and why the Nailhead was his favorite mill. In his prime as a driver , he was one of the best "leavers"around!!

4. Confirmed in the interview with Ivo in the Sept 2012 issue of R&C.

5. firingorder1

firingorder1

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

This just in:
    Ivo's own words spoken to me in person now have been confirmed by a magazine....

7. Mooseman

Mooseman

Thanks for those awesome clips. The story of Ivo's model T are really neat, especially how he snuck into Grabowski shed at home to get dimensions because Norm wouldn't let him.

The 50's must have been awesome, way way way before my time but just looks neat love the modest way girls dressed back then, I am 24 and I find that there really is something good about leaving things to the imagination.

Only thing I am not a fan of is the singing, I never have been much for musicals.

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

If you go to some of the "Back to the 50s" type of car shows you can see the girls still dress very modestly and leaving a lot to the imagination. Annette hides her arm, body and leg tattoos very well. And thankfully she combed out the hideous short fringe before filming.

9. Mooseman

Mooseman

haha now thats funny.

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Guys...in 1946, Tommy Ivo co-starred in a series of Movie 'B' pictures, (think there were 4?)
    The series was called "Bomba the Jungle Boy." Bomba was a 12-year old Native boy that lived with the apes, like a young 'Tarzan'. Tommy played a little 6-year-old child that survived a plane crash, which killed his parents.
    Bomba took Tommy under his wing, and they had some great jungle adventures.

I used to see one of the selected movies along with a western in '51 and '52... The Santa Clara theater ran a Saturday Double Feature, until around '65.

11. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Johnny Sheffield was Bomba the Jungle Boy, This actor was personally picked by the actor Tarzan acoording to IMDB.

12. Mooseman

Mooseman

I just watched some more of these annette videos and I am cracking up, it really makes me laugh, the stuff the adults in these videos say about young people in the 50's is the same stuff said about young people on here today haha. Nothings changed.

13. Cecil

Cecil

Tommy's T was also in Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow - Dragstrip Girl - The Choppers - and Live Fast Die Young. Know of any other's ?