Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Andy Griffith passed this morning at 86

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by damagedduck, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'm two years older than Ron Howard and I grew up watching him and Andy. Still love the reruns. RIP Andy.

2. Sad day in the Garcia household. We've all been fans of the show since we were kids watching re-runs. Almost feels like a member of the family has left us.

Alot of folks may not know that there are words to the Andy Griffith Show opening song. Great words that remind me of good old days fishing with my Dad when I was a kid. It always warms my heart when I hear Andy sing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PVUit1-0Ck&list=FLuLOOOf21TtnZ-P8cQbhhMg&index=12&feature=plpp_video

Vaya com Dios Andy. You will be missed. Say hello to Barney and Aunt Bee and Floyd and Otis and Goober and Ernest T and Mr. Darlin' and Helen and....................E

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

Andy Griffith as an actor and a human being made this a better world. He will be missed.

4. Rob68

Rob68

5. chevy2junk

chevy2junk

In the right places today that statement could cause him to find out if anyone would cry over him!

6. chevy2junk

chevy2junk

30 minutes of peace,sensibility,no cussing,and genuine humor.Something we will more than likely never enjoy on tv again.Thanks to Andy as well as everyone who made the show what it was.Rest in peace sir with the knowledge that you actually made a difference in many lives.

7. Eric H

Eric H

Great film! Great loss.

8. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

9. Heard the news in my truck at work today. Sad news for sure. Almost had to stop. If I remember right Ang, was Model A kind of man. A definite car man none the less. We bought all the seasons back in 2006 and have been watching an episode everynight at bedtime since.

Attached Files:

10. I was born in 1954 I cant remember life without Andy and Barn, even in the 60s long hair short hair hardhat everybody loved Andy and the the town of Mayberry, it was a welcome brake back to a time of being happy and doing the right thing.

11. Rob68

Rob68

That is a fantastic picture!

12. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

Thanks Andy! You impacted so many lives by maintaining the style, dignity, and self respect that so many entertainers have forgotten...you will definitely be missed but not forgotten...Godspeed fine sir...

Attached Files:

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

So long Andy,................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. utahdodge

utahdodge

My dad remembers a comedy skit about a trip down "number one street" to the "island of nausea" anyone else remember it or have access to it?

15. If you watch a few episodes one time the show is entertaining. You might even think that the show was simply based on "hillbilly humor", but it was never, ever, that mean-spirited. After watching the same episodes 5 or 10 or 20 times you began to see more new details of how the show really worked. You realized that you actually knew people like Barney, Aunt Bea, Floyd, Gomer, Earnest T. Bass, Otis and even Mr. Schwump. And it didn't hurt that it had a rare combination of excellent writing, wonderful characters and some great physical humor. And Andy Griffith knew when it was time to just stand back and let the rest of the cast do their jobs.

Andy Griffith made Sheriff Taylor a likeable and believable character. In "A Face In The Crowd" he made Lonesome Rhodes a despicable and equally believable character. Not a lot of actors are able to pull that off.

Farewell, Andy Griffith, and thank you.

16. toucan

toucan
    from sc

why do we all love mayberry? simple ,easy, the people are good! miss ya andy!

17. toucan

toucan
    from sc

aunt bea, call the man!

18. I spent a lot of summers up in the great north woods of Wisconsin as a kid in the 60's. Around dinner time in the cabin, the Andy Griffith Show came on. How great that was at that time and being in the woods. Every time I see Andy and Opie with fishing pole in hand in the introduction of the show, floods of memories come back.
    I was like Opie, spent a lot of time fishing at the Lake in the woods. It was a time of innocence.

19. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Bless his soul...and rest assured, he is up there annoying Aunt Bea as we speak !!!
    Cheers...

20. edweird

edweird

no, miss peggy was hot!

21. classicfins

classicfins

One of the best....

22. He did a pilot called "Girl in the Empty Grave" in 1977. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2W6jbR75Oo

The 29 rdst pickup was mine. It had a B motor, Cook 4 port and 2 Winfield updrafts. Car was a bit hot for the movie so they disconected one carb. Beauty of a log manifold.

Think the car shoes up about minut 34

Tim

23. Lil32

Lil32

we enjoyed the show in Aussieland, R.I.P. Andy

24. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

I'm not in my 50-60's,but Andy has always been in my life...for 42yrs

There is a time for love and laughter The days will pass like summer storms The winter wind will follow after But there is love and love is warm There is a time for us to wander When time is young and so are we The woods are greener over yonder The path is new the world is free There is a time when leaves are fallin' The woods are gray the paths are old The snow will come when geese are callin' You need a fire against the cold

In my culture we don't morn the death of our loved ones,but celebrate their lives,so i will not morn for myself or Andy,but will have a smile every time i think of him.-chuck

25. Monday nights around 7 we'd camp out in front of the black and white Zenith and watch a new episode of Andy and company, then stay on the same channel for many other iconic shows like Petticoat Junction or Dick Van Dyke, but the small-town charm of Mayberry, though set in North Carolina, translated well in our little Nebraska farm town. I often though you could have set the show in Wahoo and it wouldn't lose anything in translation (well, except for the moonshiners).

A few years ago my wife, her parents and myself went to visit my sister in law and kin to the south of Mt. Airy in Winston-Salem, and I could see, in driving by Mt. Airy, how close (and yet so far) they were in depicting the area (albeit the show was shot on a back lot in Hollywood). Even more interesting was going to the Outer Banks and watching the production of "The Lost Colony," which Griffith performed in after graduating from UNC-Chapel Hill as Sir Walter Raleigh - he helped support the acting company and, before the show started, a recording of him would be played telling of his involvment in what is now a timeless tradition.

I also recall a story told to me by a friend who was a docent at the Towe Museum in Sacramento back in '92 about how Andy came to the museum and tried like crazy to buy a '40 Ford woodie they had in the collection, offering an ungodly amount of money at the time for it. He didn't get the car that I recall, but I believe he was very persistent in staying in contact with them and upping the ante for it.

And I blame TAGS, even as a toddler, for intensifying my interest in Fords (great product placement/sponsorship on Ford's part), especially episodes which revolved around 'used' ones like Barney's '58 Edsel convertible, Gomer's '54 Customline (like my dad's), and Aunt Bea's '55 Fairlane Convertible. It's the show that really got me hooked on '63 Galaxies.

26. Too sad indeed.........as most of us on the Hamb I grew up with the show......I guess you could say it was how I learned to whistle....the tune just always comes to mind. The whole cast became sort of your extended family.........it was classic small town America and warmed your soul with laughter, innocence, values, and a yearning for more. I remember an episode where Buddy Epson (Jed Clampett) came to Mayberry as a vagabond and Andy had to run him out of town. Don Knotts as Barney was the best at the deputy role.........."You gotta nip it in the bud Andy, just nip it in the bud":D.........wow ......it is truly sad that we are losing the American Iconic actors we all loved growing up. I guess we will hear what Ron Howard feels in the next few days. RIP Andy and the departed cast members. Loved them all:).

27. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Freedom of Speech. I fought for your right.

28. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

We lost a "GOOD" one here,RIP Mr. Griffith.

29. slammed

slammed

Relax fans and respectful people, it shall be dealt with soon.

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

Slammed is refering to the Second cleanup that had to be done on this Thread.

Yes, this thread may be O/T.

But hopefully, it can stay open.

Please dont start any Drama or be disrespectful.

You wont like the results, if you do...