Register now to get rid of these ads!

47 Stylemaster Build Thread (should've started this a while back)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Irishman, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Irishman

Irishman

I can't remember if I even posted photos before. This is my 1947 Stylemaster that I am slowly fumbling my way through bringing back to life.

Currently removing old paint/rust which is going real slow due to Texas heat.

Old story of time vs money vs skill vs having tools, but I'll eventually get there.

This thing is being built with a drip budget (buying tools, parts, supplies every pay check). Luckily, I don't think I'll have to farm anything out to a shop due to friends, advise and doing almost everything myself. The only exception is to get the engine block dipped and checked out.

So fingers crossed that will make this project viable!

Attached Files:

2. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

nice project.

3. back-alley-rods

back-alley-rods

That's a cool project! I have been working on a 48 fleetmaster for a few years now, with a micro budget. You can do alot, with not much. Keep moving forward. Great car.

4. manhugos my bitch

manhugos my bitch
    from nor cal

good project looks good.

5. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

I dig it. Keep up the great work.

6. Great job.

Keep it simple so you can get it finished.

7. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

hell yeah nice to see a late 40s chevy coming up. from the looks your off to a good start, i see you got the accesory bird,wrap arounds,vent shades and what looks to be a pretty solid car.i see you got the original 216. over all a great start,

reminds me of my 48 im workin on, i started the exzact same way,i was in the same boat, bought the car then work slowed down, i did all the body work myself,shot the firewall,saved up money got a few things i needed, work picked up,sent my 235 to get built and as of right now it looks like i might get my motor and trans takin care of by the end of summer,would be nice to finally get to hear it fire up. after that its painting it

take it step by step and stay focused everything will fall in place. good luck man and keep us posted.

8. Irishman

Irishman

Thanks for the encouragement!

Yep, I'm on a mission to see just how little a budget I can get it done in. I've got a friend who builds engines, another who shoots paint (and gets 30% trade discount), another who is currently in upholstery and design school....you see where I'm going.

With a lot of help and advice, it may actually turn out decent.

I need to think up a name for it. I would call it "Shoestring" but my last project was an old Honda Goldwing that I turned into a badass bobber and already used that name. But that's another story completely. 8o)

9. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Yours is pretty decked out for a Stylemaster, with the clock and radio and other items. Nice score. I wish you the best and if you need help with parts or advice, just post up or PM me. Cheers!

10. NextLevel

NextLevel

Nice Project!!

I'm also working on a 48 Chevy!! btw your not too far from Arlington!!

Cant wait to see some progress on the build!

11. Nice, im on the same budget ! and a similar car, 47 olds

love to see some more pics

12. Irishman

Irishman

I made "some" progress despite the Texas heat doing its best to thwart me.

Finally said goodbye to my old friend rust and got some primer shot on it.

I loosely attached the fenders, etc just because I didn't want them stacked up against the garage wall and risking damage.

The black primer did show up all the little dings and dents big time, so I've got to start dealing with them next.

Attached Files:

13. NextLevel

NextLevel

Looking good!!

14. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

my 1st car was a 47 sedan way back in 1965