Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Young and the HAMB'erd (Rant)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deto, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slammed

slammed

Try dealing with society sober. For decades. Oh, young or old huge mag wheels and muscle cars are NOT HAMB material. Remember, that this car show posting season[​IMG]

2. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

The Amish never have these kinds of problems.

3. monc440

monc440

I'm 40 this week and I guess I was lucky to grow up in a car nut family. My dad is one of the old timmers and when I was young I used to go with him to most car shows and club meetings and listen to the guys talk and I never got disrespected.

Truthfully the only place I see any of this old guy vs young guy crap is on this board. Even when I was a young gun the only time I got crap from an older person was when they were not car guys. Taking into account that my mom and dad belonged to a car club that required you to have a pre 1948 hot rod and I drove a 1970 340 Dodge Dart Swinger, its saying allot that these guys didn't give me shit. I had to park my car in the spectator lot most of the time because most shows back then were pre 48 or pre 55 cars only but I didn't care, I respected the rules. When we would have club gatherings I always had "old" guys checking out my wheels and giving me complements and advise. The only guys that gave me any crap were Chevy or Ford guys poking fun because it was a Mopar. I always thought that was PART or the fun.

4. Beau

Beau

5. deto

deto

Nobody picked on me. You obviously didn't rea the post. And that's ok

6. Thank you for bringing this up.

At the risk of sounding like im bitchin, Cant learn if you guys arent willing to teach. same goes for listening. You dont wana pass it on thats fine, just dont bitch that we dont listen if you push us away...

8. deto

deto

Congratulations. You're the only one who got it... The point wasn't to bash our elders. The point was the younger guys are trying.

9. Yea best off the suggest that they go play in their own yard then go talk to their folks. Sometimes you get lucky and dad thinks he is tough, most of the time they just don't care renters are like that.

Stop screaming for cry sake. If he knows more than you he knows more than you. Like I said its not the cut of one's cloths or the length of one's hair that earns disrepect it usually happens after one opens their mouth.

Young or old alike. I have read a book or two in my life as well as been there and done that and have even spent time talking to others that have been there and done that. If they know what they are talking about that is good, if they don't and don't want to listen that is good as well.

There are those that know not and know not that they know not. They are stupid avoid them.

I have met a lot of people in my time that I avoid, some of them are posting on this thread.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  10. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

But i still meet some cool old people. Respect doesn't come with age it comes with experience.[/QUOT------------------------------------EVER NOTICE WHEN A KID BECOMES 13 THEY ARE SMARTER THAN PARENTS, TEACHERS, COPS, ANY PERSON OLDER THEN THEM, EXPERIENCED PEOPLE ETC? SOME OF 'EM NEVER GROW OUT OF IT. TRI FIVES WERE NEW WHEN WE IN HIGH SCHOOL, 49 0LDS'S AND MADEL A'S AND MODEL T'S, 49 MERC'S AND ALMOST ANY 20-30-4O'S AND EARLY FIFTIES WERE MADE INTO RODS AND CUSTOMS. TRI FIVES WERE NEW AND WE COULDN'T AFFORD THEM. DUMB IS IN THE EAR OF THE BEHOLDER. I GOT STAINS IN MY UNDIES OLDER THAN YOU ARE. BULLSHITTERS ARE BSers at any age.[/QUOTE]

Im very aware of these facts. Yes i have noticed and ive always stayed quiet and listened even after ive noticed they are a bullshiter and dont know shit. I dont enjoy treating any person like shit. It is annoying when someone goes into a 10 minute rant why its a hardtop and how they made a four door hardtop. Ive owned the car for 17 years. How long am i supposed to indulge some old timmer teaching me something ive known since i was 15? Ive always felt that everybody has something i can learn from them.

I cant respect the fact that you dont know when to buy new underwear or how to wash them though. thats just gross.

11. Marty S1

Marty S1

I'm 57 and not sure where that puts me but.........

Be nice...........Be an ass.......Old????....Young????.....Speak.......Don't speak.......I don't give a flying Fu@%!!!!:rolleyes:....."Have ya' got a car I can look at???":)

12. Larry T

Larry T

13. So you start a thread about tired worn out rants.. to rant about tired worn out rants?

Can I come back later and start a rant about your rant about rants? I don't think that one's worn out yet.

14. I'm a graybeard and I'm sick and tired of hearing this crap from both young and old,,lets get back to talking cars!:mad: HRP

15. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

Gonna have to agree with droptop70ss. Wonder how long this rehash will go before it's closed. Rehash #148769099823442!!

16. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Im sorry, you guys just arent getting the point or you arent reading it correctly...

The thread was to point out the positive in younger guys skills and abilities and give them credit. Not that we are all Johnny come lately buddy holly look alikes! BUT once again this has turned into a "get off my lawn" (thanks benno:p) thread which had been beaten to death the last few days!

17. I actually tried but no one would address my sucking or blowing remark about huffers.

Now there is a rant for ya, you know when you are old when you think a huffer is a super charger and not a teenager with a can of spray paint. When I was young they used to sat that you know your old when you think of the town square as a place and not a person. "The times they are a changin" (Dylan) :D:D

18. deto

deto

Countdown to thread closure. 10 9 8...

19. deto

deto

Last thing... Promise.

When I see threads about back in the day I Always check them because I crave knowledge of the past.

It just bums me out when it turns into youth bashing by page 2. That's all

20. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Go wonder the thread is still alive

Wisdom comes with age

Knowledge is gained

Respect is earned

WHO CARES

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member