Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys columbus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by booboo, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Inmate85031

Inmate85031

When I mentioned the area of Route 161 (Dublin Grandville Road) at the I-71 as being a bit rough, one reason is the number of low class strip joints in the area which has a tendency to bring in some of the more unsavory types. The four murders were all drug related or related to incidents at the strip joints. During the day the area is fine but late night - early morning not so much.

There are two "inns" at that exit that make the news often because of drug raids / prostatution. The chain hotels are probably fine but just keep an eye out for problems.

Also COTA (bus drivers and mechanics) are on strike and while this will have no direct effect on anyone coming to Good Guys, traffic on the interstates may be a bit heavier than usual Thursday and Friday.

2. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

The power is on
    if ya go to the goodguys web site there is som e info on the power
    outages and who to contact for more info on the news tab of the web site

3. apound

apound

That is the hotel my car was stolen from. I thought with so many people in the parking lot it would be safe. There were lots of cars all around mine but for some reason they took it. I'll be more carefull where I stay and will have more than one cutoff switch from now on.

4. apound

apound

And sorry to hijack the thread just want every one to be aware and keep an eye on yours and everyones car. Would hate to see anyone else have their weekend end like mine did last year. And if you catch a car theif in the act call me. I have some frustration I need to get rid of.

5. I'll be there for the first time since '04, can't believe it's ben that long. Heading up with the crew from Big Oak Garage.....can't wait!!!

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I'll be coming Fri. Maybe we could set-up a parking lot watch---the Motel is booked full,so I would assume there will be a lot of hot rods in the lot.
    BUT I'm having a LOT of back pain :(---might have to cancel,will decide at last minute :confused:

7. 48stude

48stude

My rooms are at the Knights inn on Dublin-Granville. Now I'm worried. Anyone else staying there? I'd be willing to fork out some cash to hire some security. Bill

8. 40_tudor

40_tudor

I'll be there with my 40 Tudor Dlx TPI with red PPG primer/sealer.

9. hotrod-28

hotrod-28
    from dayton

Ill be threr on friday

10. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Write on your windshield sticker about being a member of the Hamb!!!
    Your User Name and HAMB id Number.
    Would be nice to know who's who without always asking !!!!

WHEELS1950 48 chevy P/U black

Attached Files:

11. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

48 stude Good luck. That place is basicly a sewer. About 5 yrs ago I had a lizard bite me on the leg while I was asleep. Dirty place. The back units are rented by the hour. week, or month.

12. Inmate85031

Inmate85031

48Stude - that is one of the places I was refering to earlier in this thread. I am not trying to be an ass or run down the area but I have lived in this general area since 1992 and have seen it deterioate. I really hope everyone has a safe stay. Two warnings: Construction downtown at the I-71 and I-70 split is nightmareish and watch out for the red light cameras. The city make a ton of money off them and they are all over the place.

The next exit north (past I-270) on I-71 is Polaris and there are many nice hotels ranging for a Hilton to Comfort Inn. A lot of resteraunts and a big shopping mall. May want to see what is available. It is only a couple of miles north of the Dublin Granville exit.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  13. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

BETTER YET--join the Alliance and display your HAMB tag!!!:D

14. Dennis D

Dennis D

Heading that way Thursday from ST. Louis. Staying at the LaQuinta on Parkcenter Circle, How is that area? Thanks, Dennis D

15. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I'll be there in my non HAMB friendly Vdub. Model A just aint ready.

Later,Bill

16. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

Myself, my father and father-in-law plan on going. I'm not sure if I'm taking my Chevy or not.

17. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

The power is on in most areas but some are still without. Its all hit and miss, call your hotel and ask. Lots of traffic lights still out also, I was all over the area today, there was no rime or reason as to whom had power and who didn't. As for the hotels, the closer to the Fairgrounds the worst the neighborhoods. Lots of construction going on downtown also so relax and stay cool. PM me if you need local help.

18. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Our crew as well asz a lot of people we know stay in Worthington, off RT.23
    Its about a 12 minute ride with no traffic..lol
    The circle of hotels and food joints is alittle higher scale. We stay at the worst place on the circle, which is Motel 6.
    Most of the other places are way nicer and cost $.
    So we've never had trouble in 10yrs.

We may have extra rooms we're going to cancel. So if anyone needs one, speak up now.
    She has to cancel them by tomorrow.
    89 a night for 2 double beds...maybe queens..can't recall
    But they're for Thursday check in....

Email me directly incase I don't get a chance to get on the HAMB later or tomorrow
    Grumpyhound at gmail.com

19. Thinking about going up on Saturday....just a small day trip.

20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I got plenty of insurance on my car. I ain't worried.

21. 53woody

53woody

I'll be there with my 34 3 window, my HAMB id is 53woody hope to check out your truck and say hi..... Bruce

22. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Have one and will display it

23. 48stude

48stude

You guys scared the hell out of me . I found rooms at the Red Roof Inn on Brice Rd. I hope that's a better neighborhood. This will be my first time out with my truck, I'll have enough on my mind, without having to worry about lizards and their cohorts. Bill

Attached Files:

24. brice road is pretty car friendly thats a huge cruise spot every year for the mopar nationals you shouild be fine

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

Brandon and I are on the way. In Kalamazoo tonight.

26. Tripple G

Tripple G

Posted on my own thread, didn't realize one had already been started (even after a search) Just thought I'd get on board. Heading out in the AM, plan on doing the poker run...Can't Wait!

Wondering if anyone else is going to this year's 15th Goodguys PPG Nationals?

The weather forecast keeps getting better & better, as the week progresses. HOT:eek:, but only 10-20% chance of rain, depending on the day:).

I can't wait. This will be the first trip to Columbus for our '32 Ford 5 W Coupe. I've only put 500 miles on the car since building it, but no trips of this length before. I hope all the bugs are finally worked out.........

See you all there!:cool:

27. Tripple G

Tripple G

Wondering if you don't make registration by the 10AM start time, can you still participate? i.e. I get to registration at 10:30AM, can I still register and go on the poker run?

28. vert1940

vert1940

poker run lasts most of the day....doesn't matter when you show up

29. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Thanks for the info on the poker run, hope to be on my way in the next hour.

30. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

Hey yall the poker run starts at 10 am but you can sign up at any time
    we will have maps and directions for you guys to follow to help you around columbus
    hope to see ya there ill be at the registration table with a big sombrero hat on .please free to say hi