Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy in San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Slonaker, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Slonaker

Slonaker

Well, I just spent 20 minutes writing a nice little introduction, but it disappeared when I clicked "Preview Post." Instead, you'll get the short version now. It's probably best that way anyway. :)

I have a '37 Chevy Coupe that my father built in the 1980s and '90s. It was his daily driver for almost 10 years until his health began declining in the late 90s. He died last year, and I inherited it.

I am new to this stuff, but have a pretty good background in working on cars. I'm a little short on time and money, but then who isn't, right? I have his car back on the road now, and hope to keep it there with a little help and advice.

I have been reading the board for a couple of months now, and feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to do to keep from pissing everyone off. I realize that this car is not traditional enough for many of you, but I hope you'll look past that.

I can post a couple of pics if anyone is interested, and there is one in my signature.

Slonaker

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Welcome !!!!!

3. Crease

Crease

Welcome to the board!

4. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the HAMB.

Slick Willie

5. Good to see another 37 owner here in Texas, welcome.

6. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Welcome from another San Antonio car guy.

7. Slonaker

Slonaker

Thanks, everyone. Glad to be here.

Slonaker

8. i don't know about this guy. he's already start'n to piss me off....
    wait a minute that was my brother Pat, not him.............

hey pat what shake'n :eek: ............ never mind :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    but always remember that in the shower they call that "WASHING IT".
    now remember guys & gals he's still a HAMB virgin so lube him up good before ya screw him ;) ;) ..........
    i mean screw w/him..lol

really pat's an alright guy, i have known him for several years from on a couple of other boards we belong to. so be gentle with him & show him the way........... that's with cars for those of u are think'n mmmmmmmm what should we do :eek: ..............joe