Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a ride at the Millers at Milwaukee event

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wisdonm, Jul 1, 2012.

1. wisdonm

wisdonm

I've been to about a dozen Millers at Milwaukee events, but have never been offered a ride or a drive. My birthday is Friday. Anyone want to give me a birthday present? Willing to work for it. TIA.

2. blitzen142

blitzen142
    from California

Hey Wisdonm no promises but I think I will be able to help, I will be driving at the event. What is the event like, I have very little knowledge of it.
    -Blitzen

3. It’s the best automotive event I have every attended, bar none. Pure joy.

trakrodstr

4. blitzen142

blitzen142
    from California

Wow that is great to hear. I am glad that I got pulled along!

5. wisdonm

wisdonm

They usually divide the cars into 2 or 3 groups and let you go out in your group as much or as little as you like. The 2-seaters usually have a passenger and you see many different drivers in some cars.

The track is wide and has 9* banking in the turns and 2* on the straights.

What will you be driving, so I can at least say hi. I'm only about 20 minutes from the track if you need help. I have raced, built racers, and crewed for 40 years.

6. blitzen142

blitzen142
    from California

I will be driving a 1913 Isotta and maybe the Blitzen. The only problem with the Blitzen is that the passenger seat is 11.5 inches wide and barley big enough for a 12 year old girl! I appreciate the offer for help. Considering we can drive as much as we like it sounds like we can do a ride. This sounds like my type of event (heavy on the driving), I am tired of these shows where the cars just sit static as people snap photos. These are race cars ans should be treated as such. PM me with your info and I can send you my phone number to get in contact with me day of.

7. wisdonm

wisdonm

Those are some exotic cars. I'll definitely look you up.

Anyone else going this year?

8. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I'll be there with Bill Akin's Bardahl and Bowes...can't promise anything about driving but be sure to stop by and say hello..Our motel room is in Brookfield! This is a great event and I understand they have right at the limit of 60 registered...was there in '10 and really looking forward to leaving at 6AM in the morning to get there..about 550 miles...Joe

Attached Files:

9. wisdonm

wisdonm

I'll be sure to stop by and say hello Joe. I'll be wearing a white Killer Bees (MG) Racing Team hat.

10. shubxdan

shubxdan

when is it happening.never been there but heard alot about it and very interested.

11. gearguy

gearguy

I plan to be there Saturday to support the ongoing restoration of the Ernie Fredrickson #50 roadster midget.

This is a great gearhead event. Put it on your bucket list if you love old race cars.

Chuck Schultz
    Winfield, Illinois

12. wisdonm

wisdonm

July 6 & 7, 2012 at the Milwaukee Mile.