Register now to get rid of these ads!

First long drive for 50

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrBailey, Jul 2, 2012.

1. DrBailey

DrBailey

This past Thursday we left Harrison Arkansas headed to DesMoines Iowa for the "Good guys"show @ the fair grounds. It was a awesome show BTW.
    This was the trial run for the ShoeBox. I did have a problem, the left door glass electric motor gave up,but I got it pulled up and taped in place. The temps were at and above the tripple digit's.
    I did learn one thing about the AC, it needs to breath! I had the unit enclosed to tightly with console upholstery.
    Im running a 5.0 HO Mustang engine(stock,donner engine) it did great, got 24 MPG
    While being there I got the striper guy to do his magic on the hood and deck lid.
    One last thing, I noticed a GM convertible that displayed a H.A.M.B. licence plate, I went over and shook his hand,Bob was very polite and a happy man. Thanks Bob.
    If this will open for us , here are a few pics at the show. you will see the shoebox and Bob's convert.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/115521...ated?authkey=Gv1sRgCNnSs83Rq7TimAE&feat=email

2. sun down

sun down
    from tx

how many total miles, long drive to see a good guy show but then I am 71 and starting to tire easy.........thanks for the pix, looks like a good time

3. DrBailey

DrBailey

Total miles weren't to bad, little over one thousand mile round trip. Im pushing the 70 mark myself,but it wasnt to bad , just HOT!
    Hang in there on that cancer fight, Im for ya and will be thinking about you.

4. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Very nice car love shoeboxes have two kind of scared to go on long trips but to Clearlake few years back ran good Rog Mn.

5. sun down

sun down
    from tx

I had a stock 49 Ford as a daily driver back in 65, one of the best cars I ever had............I have made a couple of 1,000 mile trips in my 52, I can make it pretty good if I break them down at 250 mile intervals..

thanks for the best wishes about the cancer, you have a nice looking Ford so keep on driving...

6. servi53

servi53

great pics from the show, thanks

7. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Thanks for pic's

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

thanks for sharing the pics

9. DrBailey

DrBailey

always happy to share pics, thanks for your rebuild thread.