Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Salt Flats Speed Shop 4th annual Bonneville Open House

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

It's hard to believe its getting close to this years events out at Bonneville. Which means that its getting close for my open house.

The Open House will take place on August 8th from when the first rod arives to when the last rod leaves that night.

At 7:00 on we will be serving dinner. My brother, the gourmet chef, will be cooking again this year. As last year home made root beer will be available as well as other coke products. Dinner will be 3$ for a large sandwich, chips, and a drink.

Like last year I plan on having an incredible display of local 30's rods. I'm hoping to have a few more local rods on display as well as all the new projects in the shop.

This year I am again honored to have the Rolling Bones Hot Rod Shop as my personal guests. I always look forward to their creations, and i'm sure this year's cars will be a knock out.

Like last year I plan on having plenty of Salt Flats Speed Shop goodies available. I will have t-shirts, posters, stickers, some killer brass plaques, and some of my aluminum blisters.

Wednesday will be my official open house. But I will be here off and on at the shop till Friday. Friday I will be heading out to the Salt Flats to check out all the racing.

If you want to check out the shop and cant make it Wednesday call me, and if I'm here ill be glad to show you around. Especially after the weekend for those of you leaving Bonneville heading home. 801-787-2299

Here is a link to google maps for the dirrections from Bonneville:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=209900246044960987246.0004a650e51b299f09bc8&msa=0

[​IMG]

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

This is a must attend if you are in the area. I will be there again this year. Last year was great!

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'll be there... wouldn't miss it. I've been to every one, so I've got to keep my streak intact. Maybe I'll bring Bob Racecar down with me. He needs to learn the ways of the 32.

4. iddragracer

iddragracer

Went last year lots of cars , had a great time. Drove the roadster down from Twin Falls. Maybe I'll drive the sedan this year if its done .

5. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Glad you came last year, look forward to see you again this year.

I cant wait to meet the little guy, i'm sure there will be plenty 32's present, ha.

Your roadster was great, cant wait to see what the sedan looks like.

6. rollingbones 1

rollingbones 1
    from UPSTATE NY

Chris,
    We are looking forward to your open house.
    Its a great time & lots of cool projects to check out.
    See you in a couple months.
    Keith.

7. What time do you guys get going? I AM driving out on Wednesday this year.

8. fonti

fonti

...was always great!! But can't make it this year - I hope your sedan is ready for the first trip to the salt!!

9. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Im stoked to see your new projects too! Cant wait.

Ill be here at the shop all day, but in times past it seems like around 3:00 on is when cars really start to show up.

Im bummed you can't make it out. Hopefully you can make it out next year.
    I'm not sure if the sedan will be completely finished for Bonneville. I'm so close, but with all the customer work I need to get finished, it will really be hard to get the time to have it done. But at least it will look pretty well finished for my open house at least.

10. Chris,
    Making the trip out this year with the bones boys. Missed last year due to family event. Will be great to see ya and all the new toys in the shop.
    Will the sedan make it out to the salt this year?

11. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I'm just not sure if it will be completely driving by august. I've still got a little bit left, and with my work load here at the shop its going be hard to find the time and money to finish it all up.

12. mrdodge

mrdodge

Would love to come and have a look but we don't get to Bonneville until the 9th. Might just have to say "gidday" on the salt !!!:D

13. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me and the manic Aussie will be there again.
    8462 miles from Melbourne... No shit.
    42 miles from Salt Lake... Haha.

14. hechtspeed

hechtspeed

I'll be there again. Can't miss it!

15. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'll be there, and I may even drag TMAN with me if he makes it on time! lol....

16. We will see, gotta get an EARLY start to make SLC at a decent time. Whoi knows, maybe I head out the night before to cut down drive time?

17. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

I will be there again hopefully driving Dads truck...Hopefully the hot rod Gods are on my side still mocking things up.....

18. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

You'll get it done milkweed....

19. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

less that a month away! We're getting excited here, that's for sure.

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'll be there tagging along with Ken, Keith, and crew, can't wait, looks like a blast!

21. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

9 DAYS AWAY and the hot rod gods are slacking or maybe im trying to get to much done in a short time.....

22. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I know what you mean. I'm trying to get my sedan drive-able by my open house to take out to Bonneville. And my shop is still a disaster area that needs a ton of clean up. I hope I can get it all done in time. Ha

23. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

NOT GONNA make the open house this year....Hopefully i will see everyone out on the salt...i feel the flu coming on i might have to leave work early and call in sick tomorrow so i can get the truck together.....

24. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Thanks to everyone that came to the open house. It was another great event! It was a blast to meet so many great people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. TinShed

TinShed

Now that I am caught up at work after my Bonneville trip I can add to this. My son and I got a nice shop tour on Friday morning and we witnessed the finighing touches to the 32. I must say the work that the Salt Flars Speed Shop turns out is top notch! I was very impressed. Tim

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I did get a video of the 32 backing out of the shop I will add later my phone and computer are not playing nice yet a week later.

26. Chris, Just wanted to thank you for having us at your shop as guest. I know all of the Rolling Bones guys had a real blast. The food was great....Your sedan is looking killer dude. If you ever get back to the center part of the USA stop in my shop as you are allways welcome.