Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hot Wheels. Getting Kids back into car culture.....slightly OT.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CanUFelix, Jun 27, 2012.

1. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I have all of my hot wheels. Mostly '70's and 80's cars.

2. skot71

skot71

Zombie Hot Rod, I must be the weirdo, since I'm 47 and actually enjoy Punk. Ramones rule!

3. There is hope for youth. My buddy has a 14 yr old and has launched an automotive indoctrination programme using his old slot cars and a sheet of ply wood. On line auctions make it affordable.
    Oh and I have my hot wheels too - next stop garage box marked Matchbox

Poverty leaves an impression

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

This. THIS is just freaking awesome. Hoe. Lee. Hell.

5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Hot Wheels has the good fortune to be a 2nd or even 3rd generation plaything. I think a good strategy for getting kids involved is to get dads to do the work -- "Lookit this orange track, and what these cars can do on it! I loved these when I was your age!"

6. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Love me some hot wheels!

7. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Sooo Its been a very long day but we set a new world record and energized kids and adults around the world live on ESPN.......again, i apologize for the OT cars but ya gotta admit this is the shit that dreams are made of for guys who grew up loving Hot Wheels......hope the link works, its my first try posting one.

Felix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PQ49B5Gpw&feature=share

8. Dchaz

Dchaz

OT cars or not that was freaking cool.

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Bravo, Felix! Just saw this on the news a minute ago, and then opened this thread. A very cool stunt, and one that deserves the attention it will get.

Funny that it's been 45 years since this was first done at toy scale, and only now is it being done by two cars at full scale!

10. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Im a younger guy at 20. Xgames is a huge attraction in my generation and has been for some time. They have been showing clips of this ramp during The xgames all week, this thing is freakin bitchin. They seem to be bringing cars into The mainstream more with The rally events and some of The Big name guys coming over and really getting some interest in The sport . If the next few generations are going to get back into racing and develop an interest in all things mechanical , things like this will be a major reason why. made it even cooler to know that a hamber had a part in makin this happen. Awesome job dude

11. Muttley

Muttley

I watched it this morning and thought there was no way they were going to make it, it looked like they were going way too slow to complete the loop.

12. fbama73

fbama73

Very cool, congrats!